My past 10 years in my POV

Is it best to go through the divorce even though she does not want to work it out at all.

• Yes God has a plan!

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No, keep fighting.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

yambo1418

May 25, 2020
Kansas City
✟8,611.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
Brothers & Sisters, I am desperately trying to save my marriage but I am at the point that I don't have much left I can do. She is not open to reconciling, I've pushed for a divorce and selling the house only because she started dating while we were separated so I figured I needed to move on as well only to later regret my decision. Now, my house is being sold, my wife and son are uprooting to a friends house to live temporarily, and I am currently in the process of signing divorce paperwork as she went ahead and decided to go thru with that as well. If tho I apologized and told her that I regret my decision and that this is not what I want, she is being prideful and not budging. We did not have to go thru selling our home but she called my bluff and went forth with it. We had time to pull out just like how we have time to pull out of the divorce even tho she paid for a lawyer already. Here is my testimony from my POV of the last 10 years. With what little you know does divorce sound like the best thing and trust in God that this may be his plan?

Attachments

• I love you.pdf
    34.3 KB · Views: 25
  • Prayers
Reactions: NerdGirl

yambo1418

May 25, 2020
Kansas City
✟8,611.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
If she's made up her mind, you aren't able to stop the divorce from proceeding, are you?

I've tried pleading with her and tried telling her that we should really think twice about this. I even considered counseling just to make sure so that we do not have any regrets but she is not budging.

Upvote 0

NerdGirl

The untamed daughter
Apr 14, 2020
USA
✟65,654.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I've tried pleading with her and tried telling her that we should really think twice about this. I even considered counseling just to make sure so that we do not have any regrets but she is not budging.

Right, but that's not what I asked.

You're asking how you can "stop" the divorce, but unless you have legal grounds on which to contest it... CAN you even stop it?

If she's made up her mind and there's no legal grounds for you to halt the proceedings, then the answer is that you cannot stop her.

Upvote 0

SANTOSO

Jul 15, 2020
Jakarta
✟236,770.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Brothers & Sisters, I am desperately trying to save my marriage but I am at the point that I don't have much left I can do. She is not open to reconciling, I've pushed for a divorce and selling the house only because she started dating while we were separated so I figured I needed to move on as well only to later regret my decision. Now, my house is being sold, my wife and son are uprooting to a friends house to live temporarily, and I am currently in the process of signing divorce paperwork as she went ahead and decided to go thru with that as well. If tho I apologized and told her that I regret my decision and that this is not what I want, she is being prideful and not budging. We did not have to go thru selling our home but she called my bluff and went forth with it. We had time to pull out just like how we have time to pull out of the divorce even tho she paid for a lawyer already. Here is my testimony from my POV of the last 10 years. With what little you know does divorce sound like the best thing and trust in God that this may be his plan?

If you want to save your marriage, you don’t sign the divorce paper. Find grounds to re establish your marriage. Though she doesn’t consent or budge, I know these response you are not expecting ; you need to calm down and don’t expect her to comfort you and don’t expect that she is willing to understand you.
You must believe what is good for your son and your family.

Pray and find a new place or house that your family will stay.

Don’t be moved by what you see and feel but be moved by what you believe God’s promises.

Don’t separate your son from your wife ; otherwise, she will hate you ; for you know that she went through the labor and spent her love raising the child in the womb ; don’t separate that love ; encourage their love.

Though you may be alone at times, call the Lord, seek Him and ask Him for help; call for His ministering Angels to strengthen you in times of trouble.

Pray:
The power of the blood of the Lamb of God restore my marriage and family.
The Lord makes my marriage strong and whole in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen

Pray when you have disturbing thoughts and feelings, and trust the Lord will set you free.

Set the desire of your mind to the Lord; He will keep you in perfect peace.

Ask the Lord for wisdom and understanding on how to walk in love before your wife and son when you meet and talk to them and their friends.

Seek the support of your wife’s family and friends; humble yourself and tell them that you have repented and seek their continual support for marriage and family restoration.

Spend quiet time with the Lord and release forgiveness to your wife, son, and others and seek the Lord’s strength to carry through; Trust the Lord that He can bring out of troubles and fear.

continue to support your wife and son financially; even though they may refuse.

Resist to discuss the past that will open all old wounds; just believe that you start anew and fresh in this relationship ; just speak about the good things that your relationship with them can always be.

surrender to the Lord what you have been through, and trust Him to make your marriage and your family whole.

It may take time. you need to be strong not for yourself but for your family future.

Ask always the Lord to lead you aright. GBU

Upvote 0