Not open for further replies.

Lil' A

Lil' A
Mar 12, 2004
✟143.00
Faith
Christian
A prayer request from Lil' A,

Please pray for my parents. They persercute because of my believing in Jesus Christ. They tell me things that I know aren't true. My parents are non-christians and I am the only christian in my immediate family.
They don't like the fact that I read my Bible, pray in the Lord Jesus Christ, and seeing christian movies (Ex: "The Passion of the Christ"). They believe that what I believe in, is wrong. And that I am worshiping an Idol, which would be Jesus Christ from their perspective. They tell me to worship God, not Jesus.
What they don't realize is that God is Jesus but they are blind and can not see that.
Please pray that God will open up their eyes so that they may see the truth and that what they're telling me is wrong.
You're supposed to obey your parents, and that's excatly what I am doing. But it's very hard to sit there and hear them say, "Jesus isn't God!" or "Christianity is based on a white man's religion." and another "Jesus only died for one particular group of people, not everyone!"
Those are just some of the many comments I get from my parents. And like I said earlier, it's just so hard to sit there and listen to them persercute me and tell me that I am messed up and that I will eventually "be like everyone else."

Please lend them your prayers,

Thank you,

Lil' A

Crosslight

Stacie Jaye
Nov 24, 2003
Florida
Visit site
✟8,089.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Private
Hey

I too will lift you up in prayer for strength and wisdom. Stay in your Bible, stay in prayer, stay in Praise and Worship of our Lord Jesus. Let His light, His joy, and His glow shine through you. And, in the Name of Jesus, I rebuke and cast down the words that were spoken over you, ""be like everyone else."

I thank the Lord you have come and posted, that you have sought fellowship with believers who can undergird you with prayer and friendship.

It is not easy to fight the fight... but you hang in there. And yes, we will all pray for your parents.. yes and amen.

Shalom
stacie

Upvote 0

Dawn11

Aug 5, 2003
Visit site
✟211.00
Faith
Christian
Hi Lil' A, I will certainly pray for your parents. It's very hard being the only Christian in a family...I am too...my hubby and all our relatives don't believe in Jesus. It's good to have Christian friends for support. It's sometimes better not to talk about Jesus directly with our loved ones if they are hostile to our faith but let them see the changes that Jesus is making in our lives. I know of lots of kids that have ended up winning their parents to the Lord just by them seeing the changes that our faith brings in our behavor...

In prayer,
Dawn

Upvote 0

Kalewen

Mar 30, 2004
Kansas
✟237.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I will be praying, and I know what you are going through. Half my family basically cut me off from them when I became a Christian. Praise God, I have several strong Christians in my life, two of which my mother and grandmother. Just hang in there.

Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Matthew 5:10

Upvote 0

traingosorry

I'm what Willis was talkin' bout.
Mar 10, 2004
✟14,190.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Lil'A....it is TOUGH going along this path on your own and I will pray for your strength and for the Holy Spirit to continue to lead you.
I love your heart especially when you said this :

Lil' A said:
You're supposed to obey your parents, and that's excatly what I am doing. But it's very hard to sit there and hear them say, "Jesus isn't God!" or "Christianity is based on a white man's religion." and another "Jesus only died for one particular group of people, not everyone!"
Those are just some of the many comments I get from my parents. And like I said earlier, it's just so hard to sit there and listen to them persercute me and tell me that I am messed up and that I will eventually "be like everyone else."

It goes to show that you want to be obedient and that you continue to love your parents regardless.
I questioned that too recently, if God commands that we love and respect our parents what do we do when they persecute us for our beliefs?
I do not have the scripture right now to back this up, but I will try to get it for you. I asked a youth pastor at my church about this and he said that our parents too must honour and love God. But God knows your parents' hearts and He knows they do not honour Him....so He understands when you cannot honour your parents when they persecute you because ultimately they are persecuting Him.

Of course though, by continuing to love them and extending grace towards them you are being a 'light on a hill'- you are showing them what christianity is all about and when they see these huge changes being made in your life and you give full credit to God, they may start to seek for themselves.
Be strong, have faith that God does not want you to stray and He has provided you the support you need and be ready to face the persecution and keep loving.

Heather<><

Upvote 0

Daedalus

Apr 28, 2004
✟8,027.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
I think you're allready on the right track.
Your parents say Jesus existed, that's a starting point :)
Now, I see 3 main posibilities
A. Your parents are jdaic;
Read them all the passages in the OT about Jesus and they will see.
Show them the prophecy of Jesus for the nation of Israel and show them how it came true.
Show them that Israel was scattarad all over the world because they did not believe in Jesus Christ, and He came for them first and they ignored Him.

B.Your parents are islamic.
Show them that God was with his people -- the christians and that the european lead in this world is caused by them being christians.
That lead will end only at the end-times years as the anticrhist take the weels of power world-wide (and there are left little christians as a result of the grate apostasy)
C. Your parents are members of a new sect like Jehova's withness or whatever.
Just explain them that there is ONE truth and ONE ONLY, and God couldn't have kept his people in darkness untill their sect appeared.
So their sect's beliefe must be wrong.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.