✟52,937.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
In Relationship
Halo,

I found out that my pzintings seem to be some sort of offending for many "christians". I painted happy devils in heaven. I found it totally natural and did not think about it. Explanations: we all are sinners and will be saved some day. We all are "little devils".

Also one befriended orthodox priest told me he finds my paintings always too crazy in an uncomfortable way. Even the following. What about you? I remember the story Alice in Wonderland as a child. It was also too crazy for me in an uncomfortable way.

TeufelpaarTageslichtKLEIN3.JPG.jpg

20220818_154925.jpg

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,463,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I mean the notion that devils can be happy and in heaven is against our theology, but if that’s you speaking to us as sinners, and these are just personal paintings, then paint away and talk to your priest about this if its scandalizing someone.

Upvote 0

All4Christ

✙ The Handmaid of God Laura ✙
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Mar 11, 2003
PA
Visit site
✟1,019,860.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
First off, we aren’t all little devils. We are made in the image of God, and have fallen - but not devils. Demonic forces can oppress us, and in some cases even possess humans, but we never become demons. There is evil within us, but it is not natural. The Fall did not destroy that image of God; rather, it was damaged.

That is my contention with the first image. If you are just using it symbolically to say that those in Heaven are happy and used to be sinners, then that is your personal interpretation as you paint it.

You aren’t trying to have us venerate the icon or support it’s theology. I wouldn’t include it or any similar thematic work as a painting in my house - it has potential for misinterpretation- but you can paint what you want.

Upvote 0

seashale76

Unapologetic Iconodule
Dec 29, 2004
✟173,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Your paintings are not a 'fanaticism test for the orthodox' in any way. People not liking them and not finding the subject matter of some of them to their liking, reflective of anything Orthodox, and/or disturbing doesn't mean they are fanatics.

• Agree
Reactions: ArmyMatt
Upvote 0

KisKatte

Jesus, send us your Holy Spirit.
Feb 1, 2020
Karlsruhe
✟52,937.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
In Relationship
Your paintings are not a 'fanaticism test for the orthodox' in any way. People not liking them and not finding the subject matter of some of them to their liking, reflective of anything Orthodox, and/or disturbing doesn't mean they are fanatics.
Ok you are maybe some sort of right

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums