Salem Ut
✟161,549.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
"From Fox; "Congressional testimony by President Barack Obama’s former ambassador to the United Nations, Samantha Power, about the “unmasking” of U.S. citizens’ names she requested in hundreds of foreign intelligence intercepts by the National Security Agency, has raised new questions .......Trey Gowdy, who also sits on the Intelligence Committee, told Fox News: “Her testimony is they [the unmasking requests] may be under my name, but I did not make those requests.”

Two theories;
First the Russians did it, they hacked through from Hillary's unsecured emails.

Second Hillary and Bill did it as opposition research.

Obama ambassador's testimony on intelligence unmasking raises new questions

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Or someone in the Obama White House wanted intelligence info on domestic political enemies.

That's where I'm placing my bet.

The Democrats have been playing dirty for a long time.

Trump doing two terms -- should come easy.

M-Bob

Upvote 0

Bible2+

Matthew 4:4
Sep 14, 2015
✟91,195.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Mountainmanbob said in post #3:

The Democrats have been playing dirty for a long time.

Especially ones from Chicago.

But in this case it's not only dirty, it's utterly illegal.

How they thought they could get away with it (in the long run) is unclear.

Also, it's possible that Obama himself wasn't aware of everything his top advisers in the West Wing were doing secretly, and illegally.

He may have not wanted to know. For he owed his very position in the White House to these same advisers. He could have given them, in effect, carte blanche, figuring whatever they were doing was working for him, and his agenda in Congress. Also, he always had plausible deniability (which he may still try to claim as the Gowdy agenda progresses). That is, he could ultimately throw his top advisers under the bus, now that his 2 terms as President are over. (The problem is, they could have some real dirt on him that he doesn't want exposed. For that's what they have always dealt in: dirt.)

Mountainmanbob said in post #3:

Trump doing two terms -- should come easy.

Not if all-out political war breaks out as the Gowdy agenda progresses. For Trump may not even finish one term if intelligence dirt comes out and lawsuits get filed which have been held back so long as Gowdy held back.

The recent collision of 2 neutron stars comes to mind.

Upvote 0