• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

My new job as a janitor

Discussion in 'Praise Reports' started by LittlePebble 10, Oct 12, 2018.

1. LittlePebble 10

LittlePebble 10 LittlePebble10

+15
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    It may not be the job I want for my life but, I am not complaining. While I am going to college this will keep my parents from harping on me. For the most part I was trying to pull it off with my hobbies and a really tight grocery budget. Long story short, it was not working. As much as I hate to admit it.
    The company I work for is really laid back. I also have several friends who worked there for a while. I fit in rather well with my quarks and disability. When ever I am working on something whether it be a craft project or cleaning I tend to zone out as I work. This in turn keeps me on a pace. Which is great for what they hired me for.
    Because I know most of the people there I am not fighting anxiety. My last job I had I was fighting anxiety with it being a grocery store. I use to be a porter who cleaned starting at 5am. I also was required to bag groceries at odd hours. I had to quit that job because the lack of sleep caused problems with my medication. Which is one of the reasons I now see a psychiatrist.
    This company that I am now working for is only open from 8am to 5pm. They work around my school schedule and I even get a half hour lunch break. Before I was only given 15min to get lunch make it through the check out line and finish eating. So, I am not complaining, if anything, I hope I get to keep this job until I get my degree.

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Dave G.

Dave G. Well-Known Member

+2,019
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    I did that in high school, it's a decent job actually. I was assigned one floor in the IBM building in Worcester Ma. working weekday evenings 4 hours a day. For the same janitorial company I washed storefront windows additionally during school vacation times. By the way, back then minimum wage was a dollar an hour and this job paid a little above that as I recall ( long time ago, like 1966-68 or so)..

3. LittlePebble 10

LittlePebble 10 LittlePebble10

+15
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Thats interesting. I have been getting a lot of stuff done on my list and I might ask about adding cleaning windows to the list. In the community room there is a lot of glass windows. Thanks for the idea!

4. Willie T

Willie T St. Petersburg Vineyard

+1,251
    Christian
    Married
    I worked as a janitorial helper each morning in school to pay for my lunches.

5. waynemorss

waynemorss New Member

+3
    United States
    Charismatic
    Single
    Congrats on finding a job that fills your needs. Hope everything works out for you.