UK
✟20,667.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thank you so much for all your kind messages and prayers regarding my mum passing away on October 6th. It is very much appreciated. We're all travelling through this life together, and reaching out and helping each other during the difficult times helps get us through. And with the Lord's help, guidance and love, we will all make it. The best is definitely ahead of us all! God Bless and long live all our friendships together.
Becky.
X

Last edited:

“Paisios”

Sinner
Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2014
✟594,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
My prayers for you and your family, and my condolences. Grief is a process, and it takes time. My father died almost six months ago, and I am still having a rough time of it. You have suffered a big loss - allow yourself time to mourn. I pray that God will comfort you in this time of distress and surround you with caring and supportive people.

Upvote 0

Seadish

Oct 16, 2018
Colorado
✟33,935.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am so sorry for the grief you are feeling I don't know you feel but also have lost both parents anda brother DONT think that hurting yourself will make anything better you cannot do this alone

Upvote 0

whereloveandmercymeet

There but for the grace of God...
Nov 12, 2018
Dorset
✟125,170.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I’m so sorry for your loss. I’ve also lost both parents, and it hurts a lot. People say things about closure and time heals and everything and that it gets easier but it sure didn’t feel like it for me at the time. My worst time came about 2-3 months after my dad (2nd parent) died. Grief isn’t like some upward curve where every day gets better than the last. It’s a bit more like waves of the ocean. There are good days and bad days.

Grief is a process and it’s longer for some than others. Have you tried support groups or counselling? They can be really helpful whether in person or online.

It’s hard and it’ll be hard for a while, but I promise it does get easier.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
She is also my second parent to pass. I didn't realize just how much harder the second one leaving is, compared to the first one.I know there's others here who have lost a loved one. You are also in my prayers and my heart goes out to you, as the pain is terrible. Jesus is with us though.Becky.X

It is entirely about your relationship with each person. My wife grieved over her father, and when her mother passed, it had little impact. I already guessed that her mothers passing would not be a big deal. She was not close with her. But dad was a sweetheart.

When my dad died from natural causes, it had no effect on me at all. He was a small plane pilot who flew "by the seat of his pants" so I expected a call regarding his accidental death for years. I was fully prepared. My brothers suicide was a big deal though. I felt bad I had not had a closer relationship with him and couldn't offer support in his anguish.

Upvote 0

vinsight4u

Contributor
Aug 8, 2003
✟21,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
My sadness is shared with you over the loss of your mom. I'm happy to know that she was a Christian. You must have had some great times together!...She was sad to have to leave her family, yet couldn't stop the peace and love that was taking over her as she went to meet the Lord and Savior!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

vinsight4u

Contributor
Aug 8, 2003
✟21,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Please, just lean on Him and us. You have friends here that
want to talk to you and see you here tomorrow!
Hugs are coming your way. Praying for you to get stronger and realize that your mom/dad will someday greet you when it is your time to go to heaven. She would not want you to get there before you have lived your life to the full here with your husband.

Upvote 0

EzekielsWheels

Site Supporter
Oct 3, 2018
Southeast
Visit site
✟90,626.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Thank you Rebecca and Bless you for seeking out support and assurance from your fellow Christians. God wants you to live and you honor your mother by continuing on. If you would not take a certain action in your mother's presence how much more so in her absence! I pray for strength and endurance for you to stay strong my sister and beloved of Christ. You're not alone in suffering although your suffering is your own (I know this well). However, by the grace of God you will get through this. I pray for healing of this loss and void in your heart, that the Lord bind you up and hold you during this time of grief. I love you and God loves you!

Upvote 0
Nov 26, 2018
UK
✟20,667.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My prayers for you and your family, and my condolences. Grief is a process, and it takes time. My father died almost six months ago, and I am still having a rough time of it. You have suffered a big loss - allow yourself time to mourn. I pray that God will comfort you in this time of distress and surround you with caring and supportive people.
Thank you
Sorry to hear of your loss as well. X

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Nov 26, 2018
UK
✟20,667.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am so sorry for the grief you are feeling I don't know you feel but also have lost both parents anda brother DONT think that hurting yourself will make anything better you cannot do this alone
Thank you. X

Upvote 0
Nov 26, 2018
UK
✟20,667.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I’m so sorry for your loss. I’ve also lost both parents, and it hurts a lot. People say things about closure and time heals and everything and that it gets easier but it sure didn’t feel like it for me at the time. My worst time came about 2-3 months after my dad (2nd parent) died. Grief isn’t like some upward curve where every day gets better than the last. It’s a bit more like waves of the ocean. There are good days and bad days.

Grief is a process and it’s longer for some than others. Have you tried support groups or counselling? They can be really helpful whether in person or online.

It’s hard and it’ll be hard for a while, but I promise it does get easier.
Thank you.
You're right, it's been two months since mine has gone and it's hit me harder now than what it did when it first happened.
X

• Friendly
Reactions: vinsight4u
Upvote 0
Nov 26, 2018
UK
✟20,667.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It is entirely about your relationship with each person. My wife grieved over her father, and when her mother passed, it had little impact. I already guessed that her mothers passing would not be a big deal. She was not close with her. But dad was a sweetheart.

When my dad died from natural causes, it had no effect on me at all. He was a small plane pilot who flew "by the seat of his pants" so I expected a call regarding his accidental death for years. I was fully prepared. My brothers suicide was a big deal though. I felt bad I had not had a closer relationship with him and couldn't offer support in his anguish.
I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. X

• Friendly
Upvote 0
Nov 26, 2018
UK
✟20,667.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My sadness is shared with you over the loss of your mom. I'm happy to know that she was a Christian. You must have had some great times together! My dad died a few years ago. I was in the room and noticed him first. He had such a smile that I've never seen on anyone! He had gone home to see Jesus Christ, and the joy was all over his face! Maybe it would help you if you think of your mom in that type of way. She was sad to have to leave her family, yet couldn't stop the
peace and love that was taking over her as she went to meet the Lord and Savior!
I'm sorry to hear of your loss, but comforting for you to know that your dad was going to be with Jesus and he knew he was. My mum also knew she was going to be with him, and that must be a wonderful feeling for them that are about to leave. X

• Winner
Upvote 0
Nov 26, 2018
UK
✟20,667.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thank you Rebecca and Bless you for seeking out support and assurance from your fellow Christians. God wants you to live and you honor your mother by continuing on. If you would not take a certain action in your mother's presence how much more so in her absence! I pray for strength and endurance for you to stay strong my sister and beloved of Christ. You're not alone in suffering although your suffering is your own (I know this well). However, by the grace of God you will get through this. I pray for healing of this loss and void in your heart, that the Lord bind you up and hold you during this time of grief. I love you and God loves you!
Thank you very much for that. I appreciate it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums