• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

My mom died today

Discussion in 'Prayer Wall' started by Introverted1293, Sep 24, 2021.

1. Introverted1293

Introverted1293 Left CF Supporter

+2,890
    United States
    Christian Seeker
    Single
    US-Democrat
    My mom died around 5:30 pm. I am so devastated. My mom was my best friend. She did not always agree with my choices, but there was still love there. I will admit, there were only two people that I loved, my mom and my twin brother, David. But my love for my twin brother dwindled when he started treating mom like dirt. My mom was far from perfect, but she loved us all.

My mom had children that did not like her because she would point out wrongdoing. My mom would do that to me as well. I did not always like it, but I still loved her.

I don't know how to live without her. Don't take this the wrong way. I am not an adult who is living in my parent's basement. I took care of myself. But I called my mother every time I needed comfort. I am so heartbroken right now.

My sister is asking me to not shut her out. I have a tendency to do that when I am sad. I don't want to go to her funeral. All her kids, even the ones that treated her poorly, would be there. I want to tell them how I feel the way they treated her; and it would not be nice.

My mom loved the Lord. She has an amazing testimony on how she got saved. She was saved in 1969 during the Jesus movement, and she never wavered in her faith. She spoke in tongues the moment she got saved, and she didn't even know what tongues were. Nobody coached her or tried to get her to speak in tongues, she just did it. She also believed in the Torah. She believed in observing the sabbath. She also believed in observing the Jewish holidays. She also believed in the diets that written in the old testament. She knew that Christ was her salvation, and not in observing those things. But she wanted to honor God in observing the Torah.

Even though she was treated like dirt by some people, she was loved by her other kids and friends. People constantly told her that she was deceived. But she continue to live by her convictions. My mom had an anger issue, and sometimes swore, but she was praying and asking God's forgiveness for her anger issues. Thank God that he is merciful.

I do not want to attend the funeral. Her kids will be there, and I want to yell at them and tell them how angry I am for the way they treated her. I am so emotional that if I saw them, I would have lost control of what comes out of my mouth.

Please pray for our family.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2021
    • Prayers Prayers x 20
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. andreha

andreha Senior Contributor

+10,782
    South Africa
    Word of Faith
    Married
    I am so bitterly sorry, my dear brother.

Dry your tears and remember, this is not farewell. You will see her again. Just hold on to Jesus to comfort you through this intense pain. I pray for you...

3. Tigger45

Tigger45 Well-Known Member Supporter

+11,736
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Constitution
    Sorry for the loss of your mother :thankful:

4. Davorah

Davorah Ora et Labora

+92
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    My heart goes out to you and I will most certainly be lifting you and your family up in prayer. Thank you for sharing a bit about your mother- such a wonderful story about how she first met Jesus. May the peace of the Lord be with you.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  5. Introverted1293

Introverted1293 Left CF Supporter

+2,890
    United States
    Christian Seeker
    Single
    US-Democrat
    It is a sad day for us, but the best day for her. She is no longer in pain. She is with her king, and with my dad and sister.

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Prayers Prayers x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. Mayflower1

Mayflower1 Hello my Name is "Child of the One True King" Angels Team Supporter

+2,759
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Very sorry to hear that. Prayers for comfort during this time.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  7. Joined2krist

Joined2krist Well-Known Member CF Ambassadors Supporter

+1,616
    Catholic
    Single
    Be comforted that she is now in Paradise. Praying for your family

8. Lexmark

Lexmark New Member

+76
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Sorry to hear that, really I am. Will be praying for the familly and you to make it through this.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  9. SANTOSO

SANTOSO Well-Known Member

+874
    Indonesia
    Christian
    Married
    Beloved one, would your mother agree with you to be angry with your twin brother ? Though she may have been offended —Would not your mother want you and your brother to be reconciled with one another ? Wouldn’t she want you to be with peace with one another? I don’t deny that you were hurt how your brother mistreated your mother. Just as you deny to be at the funeral to be angry at them, beloved one, deny to hold resentment against them.

My mother also have passed away. I humbled myself that I may have sinned against her, my father, brother and sisters — however,
    they may have wronged me first —I asked for their forgiveness.

Beloved one, the Lord gave me assurance of peace that my mother is safe with Him, for she is in His hands.

Beloved one, leave for your mother a legacy of reconciliation and peace.

May God’s peace be with you in every way. Amen

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  10. Lost4words

Lost4words Jesus I Trust In You Supporter

+9,431
    United Kingdom
    Catholic
    Single
    Extremely sorry for your loss my friend.

Please, go to her funeral. Go for 'her'. Dont worry about who else will be there. Focus on your mum.

May she rest in peace.

God bless you, comfort you and give you strength at this very sad time my friend.

Take care...

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  11. bèlla

bèlla ❤️ Supporter

+14,762
    United States
    Non-Denom
    In Relationship
    I'm sorry for your loss. My heart goes out to you and your loved ones during this time. It's understandable you're upset and hurt. Give yourself an opportunity to say goodbye and grieve with your loved ones. The moment of togetherness won't be forgotten. :yellowheart:

~bella

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  12. William J

William J Member Supporter

+179
    United States
    Wesleyan
    Single
    Your mother sounds like a truly outstanding person. I pray that God will reach out and comfort you during this horrible time of loss. Also I pray that God helps you make decide whether to attend the funeral.

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  13. Sketcher

Sketcher Born Imperishable

+8,001
    Non-Denom
    Single
    US-Republican
    Sorry for your loss.

14. Vinter

Vinter Member

+155
    Denmark
    Christian
    Single
    I'm sorry for your loss.

I would advise you to go to your mom's funeral, to show your mom the last respects and for closure.

I advice not to argue with the people that did your mom wrong. The church is God's house. Forgive them if possible.

15. LoricaLady

LoricaLady YHWH's Supporter

+9,321
    Messianic
    Private
    Maybe it would help to ask if your mom would want you to go, and how she would want you to treat others there if so. Maybe you have a chance to do one last thing for her?