Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
They both claim that they are believers and that they are saved, but there is like, little or no fruit of the Spirit in them to show that they have indeed had a genuine salvation experience.

My mom can get angry really easily. If my knowledge of the Bible is correct, we are supposed to put off anger, as it is one of the sinful works of the flesh and can cause much destruction if left unchecked, it is not a fruit of the spirit.

My little sister has the same problem. Today the both of them got really angry and it rubbed off negatively on me and put me in distress and robbed my peace. I just want to live a quiet and peaceful life, you guys. But how can I if other members of my family are the cause of drama? I hate drama.

Please pray for them that their salvation experience would be genuine and that they will stop sinning like this.

On the other hand, since I began believing in the LORD I have noticed a change within myself. I can no longer feel the emotion of anger. I am a very laid-back and mild-natured person. I hardly cause any trouble. I can't remember the last time I blew up in anger or had an episode like that. Maybe that is like, GOD working in me to change my nature into what He wants it to be, who knows?

I realize that in the flesh no one is perfect, but my mother has, like, a lot of character flaws that I can't help but noticing. She talks loudly, she gets mad, she complains about the littlest things, she feels strong emotions, and I just feel that these are all a product of the sin nature and that is why I am doubting her salvation. I think that if she had a genuine salvation experience like she claims she has that she would feel peace in her heart like I have. And she would be more mild-mannered like I am.

Any advice on how to deal with anger in someone else?

May 28, 2014
Greeneville
Visit site
✟44,101.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I am talking to you guys about this and not her, because I know that if I talk to her about what I perceive to be character flaws she is just going to get angry at me.

I am distressed at the thought that I am forced to live with them because I am a special needs person and can't take care of myself very well. They have to take care of me. But how can I live with people that rob me of my sense of peace and create a war-zone? That thought is hard for me to swallow.

I admit that they both really irritate and bother me sometimes. Destructive relationships are not healthy, and I am afraid this is what it has come to. That they are destructive kinds of people but I don't know what to do about it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
May 28, 2014
Greeneville
Visit site
✟44,101.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

Upvote 0

Greg Merrill

Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2017
Las Vegas
✟342,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Father, I pray for either true salvation, or growth an consecration to You and Your Word in the lives of these two with anger issues. I pray for this one bringing the request that You will continue to bless and use her. I pray that she will grow in knowledge, and of the Christian's potential to commit sins such as unholy anger, and that even though we are saved, we are not always submitting to the control of the Holy Spirit, or operating under the control of our new nature, but may be carnal at times, operating in the flesh, prone to sin. May these times not lead us to doubt our salvation, but lead to confession and repentance, 1 John 1:9; Proverbs 28:13, Psalms 38:18. Amen.

Upvote 0