My misquoting mistake - Rolling Thunder did NOT say...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh no, I made a terrible mistake. I was reading Rolling Thunder's recent messages. And I couldn't figure out why he was getting more and more angry with me.

So I reread RT's original post and found something awful. He wrote on the 15th Jan, 2002.

"God knows what He is doing. This was no accident. God is going to catch Satan in his own little trap"..>>>>>>rollinTHUNDER

I misquoted him as writing "God' little trap" which is obviously incorrect.

I'm sorry and I fully apologize for that big mistake.

YM

rollinTHUNDER

Veteran
Dec 30, 2001
Central Florida USA
Visit site
✟22,549.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Hello Yauming,
You did a very wise thing here. Asking for forgiveness publicly takes a lot of guts, and I believe it was the right thing to do, not only for me, but also for you, and this forum too. This really got out of hand, and the really bad part is that the whole world saw it. I have a lot more respect for you now. I was really starting to wonder whose side you were really on, especially when you had a bad experience with a false prophet in the past. I could not figure out for the life of me, why you kept attacking my writings. I would have to be a fool not to forgive you, that would be a major violation of Gods Word. Yes- I forgive you brother, and I don't hold any bitterness inside either. I was angry, and every time you would post, I would get more angry, and on and on. Thank God your not on the enemies side! I would leave these posts up for a couple of days, so those that saw our weaknesses can see that we finally saw the light, and that we made our mends. Then after a couple days, I would start deleting these bad ones. And before I close, I would also like to say I'm sorry for the way I reacted and hope that you would forgive me as well. Glad it's over.

Upvote 0
Yeah, I'm really really sorry about that. I behaved like a complete fool. I tend to read this forum late at night, after I finished my work, and am sometimes a little fatigued.

Its really awful because, in my position as moderator, I've been telling people on the newsgroup to do this and that, reply carefully, to choose their words appropriately... blah blah blah. And here am I making the biggest mistake of them ALL! What a pharisee I am.

I am really ashamed that this whole debacle was caused because of my own foolishness. And more so that I made false assumption and accusations against a fellow brother whom I have grieviously angered. Not to mention stirring up dumb dissension in this forum.

Thank you very much for forgiving me Rolling Thunder. I was very worried that you would be too offended to accept my apology. I Praise God that you didn't allow my mistake to stumble you. I'm also sorry to the other posters who I have angered with my often hasty criticism.

In Christ,

Yau-ming

Upvote 0
Originally posted by Yauming
Oh no, I made a terrible mistake. I was reading Rolling Thunder's recent messages. And I couldn't figure out why he was getting more and more angry with me.

So I reread RT's original post and found something awful. He wrote on the 15th Jan, 2002.

"God knows what He is doing. This was no accident. God is going to catch Satan in his own little trap"..>>>>>>rollinTHUNDER

I misquoted him as writing "God' little trap" which is obviously incorrect.

I'm sorry and I fully apologize for that big mistake.

YM

Un-Real! You are to be commended Yauming!

This is the first time I've seen someone admit they made a mistake on this forum.

God Bless you Yauming! :)

M.O.G.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.