joe8923

Feb 20, 2017
singapore
✟8,035.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
so firstly, im new to this site so i have no idea where i should post this thread. hopefully im posting on the right forum.

anyway, my mind has been saying stuff that i dont mean. Saying a lot of awful stuff about God and i know it's not me. And because of this, im tormented. I even prayed to God to apologize and told Him it's not me who is saying awful stuff about Him. I just want it to stop. Will God get angry at me and punish me? Do you think it's the devil? is it normal for Christians to go through stuff like this?

not sure if this is stupid or unusual but ya.....i need help.

Last edited:

Solomons Porch

Solomon's Porch
Jan 8, 2017
East
✟206,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
so firstly, im new to this site so i have no idea where i should post this thread. hopefully im posting on the right forum.

anyway, my mind has been saying stuff that i dont mean. Saying a lot of awful stuff about God and i know it's not me. And because of this, im tormented. I even prayed to God to apologize and told Him it's not me who is saying awful stuff about Him. I just want it to stop. Will God get angry at me and punish me? Do you think it's the devil? is it normal for Christians to go through stuff like this?

sorry if this sounds kinda stupid but ya...i need help.
We all have thoughts from time to time that are not good and we have to repent of them. Scripture says to take "every thought captive and bring it to the obedience of Christ" .....which means we have to daily fight our flesh and even Jesus knew this. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.

Now if they are overpowering and become almost like a voice then there could be deeper issues going on here. May I suggest Derek Prince he has videos and teachings on youtube. Look him up and see what you think. God Bless you in your journey.

Upvote 0

CrystalDragon

Apr 28, 2016
US
✟56,251.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single

I think everyone has thoughts from time to time that aren't exactly in our conscious control, some good (hence some flashes of inspiration, or I guess you could even count dreams in a way) or bad (like anxiety attacks and irrational fears no matter how much your rational mind tries to convince you there's nothing to worry about). In all likelihood it's probably that.

Thinking God will punish you is just instilling negative fear into your own head.

Upvote 0

Maria.V.H

Feb 1, 2017
Denmark
✟34,519.00
Country
Denmark
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

There is nothing that is stupid... I think that we all do and say bad things, and there is no such thing as perfection, the ones who claims to be perfect are less perfect than the ones who claims to not be perfect, that is what i think. I don´t believe that the devil makes us do things, i believe we do the things, we need to take responsibility for our actions instead of blaming everyone else. Listen dear, you are not worse than anyone else, i have done far worse things, if anyone is going to burn in hell, it´s me:) no one knows what will happen when we leave this earth. Maybe you have some mixed emotions, try to find out what it is you really believe in, and who you are..

Upvote 0

seashale76

Unapologetic Iconodule
Dec 29, 2004
✟173,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Married

This is a repost of mine, I hope you don't mind. You're not alone. Plenty of people go through this type of thing. I will advise you to follow the advice here. If that doesn't help, then please seek out (and I'm not joking) a mental health provider.

In Orthodox Christianity we call such unwanted thoughts logismoi (tempting thoughts which lead to sin). The Church Fathers tend to recognize five stages:

assault (thoughts pop into your head)
interaction (you entertain these thoughts)
consent (you decide to act on these thoughts)
defeat (you are hostage- resistance is difficult)
passion (it becomes part of you)

The usual recommended practice is to pray when the thoughts first pop into your head. Ignore the thoughts if possible and keep turning your mind and heart back to prayer. It is easiest to stop at this point.

Most people will say the Jesus Prayer: Lord Jesus Christ, son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner.

Upvote 0

DeerGlow

User Gifted Supporter Status by Someone Else
Site Supporter
Oct 5, 2016
Texas
✟86,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single

This is a good forum. I understand the struggle. It's more common than it seems, looking for advice myself I've seen quite a few people who all struggle with this. If these thoughts aren't from your heart, I don't think God will be too angry (if at all) because you don't like these thoughts, you don't want them and if they're not reflecting how you feel in your innermost self then they're not accurate thoughts. *hug*

Upvote 0