Mar 5, 2003
Central New York
Visit site
✟26,728.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
My MIL, Caroline, has been failing for quite some time. Last week, though, she suddenly took a big turn for the worse and her lungs filled up with fluid due to Congestive Heart Failure. They thought at first that it was pneumonia. When it didn't respond to drugs they used a needle to draw off as much fluid as they could. They got about a quart. There was no pneumonia bacteria present. They have since been aggressively treating the CHF to no avail. There is nothing more we can do. She is in the Lord's hands now.

My wife and her sister called in Hospice to help make Caroline's last hours as comfortable as possible. We expect that she will be gone by morning.

Please pray for mercy for her (she is not Catholic), and peace and comfort for the family.

Thanks,

Willis

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟438,014.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Play Divine Mercy in song in her room for her [if you can]. And i will pray for her and all involved.

Hail Mary, full of grace the Lord is with Theee. Blessed art Thou amongst women and Blessed is the Fruit of Thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death. Amen.
:crossrc:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Foundthelight

St. Peter's R.C. Church, Delhi, NY
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2003
Central New York
Visit site
✟26,728.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The funeral is at 3:00 today. We are holding it in the funeral home instead of a church. I have been asked to speak a few words as a remembrance of her faith and as a comfort to the Christians present. I made it sound pretty Baptist in honor of Caroline without saying anything that is not in keeping with my Catholic Christian faith.

Reactions: WarriorAngel
Upvote 0

servant of Merciful Love

Goodbye~God bless
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2008
✟2,498.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
The funeral is at 3:00 today. We are holding it in the funeral home instead of a church. I have been asked to speak a few words as a remembrance of her faith and as a comfort to the Christians present. I made it sound pretty Baptist in honor of Caroline without saying anything that is not in keeping with my Catholic Christian faith.
You will be in my thoughts and prayers :hug: :crossrc:

Upvote 0