• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

My Lunar Dragon Challenge

Discussion in 'Creation & Evolution' started by Split Rock, Sep 27, 2009.

1. juvenissun

juvenissun ... and God saw that it was good.

+771
    Baptist
    Married
    Do not push anything you do not understand to Chinese. It is not a dragon, but is a dog, a cosmo-dog.

2. Split Rock

Split Rock Conflation of Blathers

+647
    Agnostic
    Single
    Therefore, we should consider it to be true, or as likely as anything them thar scientists say... correct?

Wow. Another list of PRATTS. I am surprised! Well... not really. Lets see:
    1. We have in common many of those organs you mentioned in with fish (especially lobfined fish). Brain, nervous system, kidney, arms, legs, heart, muscles, rib cage, spine, metabolic functions, etc. Lungs and swim baldders are homologous. We both have more in common than not. They are not "completely different" as you claim. Why is that?
    2. Detrimental mutations are selected against in a population, while beneficial ones are selected for. Even a small improvement in fitness provided by a mutation will be increased in a population over time.
    3. Populations evolve, not individuals! Therefore the "problem" of males and females evolving simulataniously is hardly an issue.

Tiktaalik represents a transitional between lobfinned fish and tetrapods, as it has characteristics of both. Even if that particular species did not evolve into tetrapods, then a related one did. There are, btw, at least 14 named genera of such "fishapods," all from the same time period. The time period just before true tetrapods evolved, strangely enough. As far as gullible, you clearly do not even understand basic population genetics or evolutionary mechanisms. Yet you claim only the "gullible" accept evolution. Are you sure you are not the gullible one, swallowing all the lies shovelled to you by Professional Creationists peddling their deceit?

Take a closer look at those skeletons. There are more similarities than not. The "inards and outards" are already pretty much in place. Are all teh similarities in development, anatomy, biochemistry and genetics all coincidence? Once again you throe "gullible" around, but you seem to be the gullible one here.

3. Split Rock

Split Rock Conflation of Blathers

+647
    Agnostic
    Single
    References?

4. MoonLancer

MoonLancer The Moon is a reflection of the MorningStar

+151
    Buddhist
    In Relationship

Explain specifically what changes would require a miracle and why said change could not happen without it.

life has been around for a 4 billion years. Its had a lot of time for change to occur. Your Gullible for believing what your church tells you without actually verifying it yourself.

5. LifeToTheFullest!

LifeToTheFullest! Well-Known Member

+139
    Agnostic
    Do you have any idea why we are susceptable to hiccups?

I'll give you a hint. It's because we used to be fish! Get over it. Accept it. Move on. You'll be glad you did.

6. Meshach

Meshach Newbie

+12
    Christian
    Married
    CA-Conservatives

Thats a good one. That settles it then.We have hiccups therfore we use to be fish. None of the prior rebutles to my post even came close to convincing me of the fairy tale that we use to be fish. But hiccups, give me time to think on that one. Long Pause........Nope. Sorry cant sell that here. It is funny though. Are you guys stand up comedians by any chance? You dont believe God did it , but you believe we use to be fish? How ironic. Have you found any transitional fossils that are most certainly in the Homo sapien line that are intermediate between say the first cell and fish? Now they would have to be without a doubt, absolutely for sure, definately in the line of the first cell and a fish on its way to us. If you cant prove it without a doubt then its a guess, a hope, a faith. No two ways about it. Dont you find it interesting all you find is bones? As I said in another post , say in a million or so years from now, what ever we have evolved into .(lol) Do you think they will find just bones from our present day? What the heck were we doing for millions of years, then all of a sudden in the last two hundred years we are walking on the moon and a whole lot of other stuff. Its ok, if you want to guess what we were doing thats fine. Just hunting and gathering? Playing kick the rock? Carving some hand tools?

7. Thistlethorn

Thistlethorn Defeated dad.

+48
    Agnostic
    Single
    Nobody is trying to convince you of anything. We'll settle for highlighting how ridiculous your ideas are. Beyond that, you're free to wallow in your self-imposed ignorance.

8. LifeToTheFullest!

+139
    Agnostic
    Evolution: It's a FACT. Accept it. You'll be smarter because you did.

Where do you think the three little bones in our middle ear came from Hoss? If you guessed fish, you'd be right. See, smarter already.

9. Meshach

Meshach Newbie

+12
    Christian
    Married
    CA-Conservatives

Hiccups and three little bones in our middle ear. Well I am sure glad you guys are SO gullible because that would not convince me in the LEAST. I know . I know, I just dont under stand evolution. That seems to be all your responses to those who wont swallow your fairy tales. Did you find that transitional yet between the first cell and the fish? Or are you still hoping, guessing and having faith?

10. Thistlethorn

+48
    Agnostic
    Single
    Yes, we have the fossils. What do you have?

11. LifeToTheFullest!

+139
    Agnostic
    Ever wondered why gill slits make an appearance during human fetal development? Sure you have. It's because we used to be... You guessed it, FISH! Cool huh?

(I won't even get into HOX genes with you - you probably wouldn't understand anyway)

12. juvenissun

+771
    Baptist
    Married
    They are in Chinese. If you can read these two words, then I will point one to you: 天狗

13. Meshach

Meshach Newbie

+12
    Christian
    Married
    CA-Conservatives

Let me guess, is this one?
    [​IMG]

Science writer Lisa Shawver once observed that trilobites had “the most sophisticated eye lenses ever produced by nature” How they know this I am not sure, but its an interesting observation. After all we have to see so why not have eyes? Why not start out with the best?

So now you have indisputable, absolutely for sure, can gaurantee without a shadow of doubt that the trilobite is a intermediate form between the first cell and a fish in line with the Homo sapien? Your not hoping or guessing or having faith at all? You can PROVE this? Please do. And no fairy tale hypothesis please.

14. pgp_protector

pgp_protector Noted strange person

+15,602
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    heavenly dogs

15. Meshach

Meshach Newbie

+12
    Christian
    Married
    CA-Conservatives

This keeps getting funnier. Hiccups, three tiny bones and now gill slits in human fetal development. You see and want gill slits because you need all the help you can get to pass your fairy tale on to others. Did they not stop calling them gill slits like a hundred years ago? They call them Pharyngeal "pouches" and they have absolutely nothing to do with breathing or resperation. No, not worm, reptile, fish or pig. The embryo is human right from the moment of conception. Haeckel can take a hike.And dont bother with the HOX genes, I have had enough laughs for now

16. Thistlethorn

+48
    Agnostic
    Single
    No, the trilobite is not a link between single celled organisms and fish. A trilobite is an Arthropod, and would be the ancestor to insects, arachnids and crustaceans and such. Their eyes are magnificent compound eyes, which is evidence that eyes developed before the Cambrian period. Trilobites are not the first species with developed eyes.

This would be an example of a transitional species that eventually led to fish.

If you want to go even further back, this is a good example.

Further back we're venturing into more wild territory, the pre-Cambrian, as fossils from this age are rare indeed. This could be the earlies bilateral fossils found, and could be the predecessors of invertebrates and vertebrates alike. Before then, multicellular life was mainly things such as sponges.

As you can see, the fossils we have found neatly connects all vital areas of evolution, from unicellular to multicellular, from radial to bilateral, from invertebrate to vertebrate, from pre-fishes to fishes, from amphibians to reptilians and mammals, from reptilians to birds and from mammals to apes and, eventually, humans.

Of course, you chose to disregard all this evidence in favor of a 3000 year old book written by men ignorant of how the universe works. That's ok. It's your loss.

17. Meshach

Meshach Newbie

+12
    Christian
    Married
    CA-Conservatives

You can live in your fairy tale land all you want, thats your choice, monkeys dont have that option.

18. Thistlethorn

+48
    Agnostic
    Single
    You're in here with me, bud, whether you like it or not. You can't opt out of reality. You can only chose to remain ignorant. I note with not a little satisfaction that when the evidence starts to mount, you retreat back to single line posts with no content except a snarky remark.

Do you believe that monkeys would attempt to opt out of reality as well if they had the option? If not, I can't see what thought you tried to put forth with that sentence piece, as it seems completely nonsensical.

19. LifeToTheFullest!

+139
    Agnostic
    Ever wonder why the recurrent pharyngeal nerve goes out of its way to get to where it needs to go? Ever wonder why male testes leave a weak spot during fetal development, making men prone to inguinal hernias?

Of course you have. It's because we used to be FISH. Evolution is fact. Get over it.

BTW, of course gill slits (pharyngeal pouches) have nothing to do with breathing... now. It's because I keep trying to make the point that we used to be fish. Not anymore silly.

Why do you think Jesus called his disciples to be "fishers of men"? Because he knew that... WE USED TO BE FISH!

ToE has explanatory power, and unifies all fields of science... perfectly.

Don't fight it. The sooner you accept it, the smarter you'll be. (You will just have to trust me on this one).

20. juvenissun

+771
    Baptist
    Married
    Good. Here is one link among many.