Jun 11, 2005
✟1,087,273.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
For your safety and your family's, I think it's really important for you to be discreet about your husband's involvement in tipping off the police about suspected criminals.

I didn't read all through the thread, but at the time of the first post, at least, the criminal was still at large. I wouldn't want him/her/them to associate the Federal Marshals' visit with a call from your husband.

Yes, I think that it's also important to be a "neighborhood watch" person, but when the axe falls, it's better if it can't be traced back to your hubby.

I think in this day and age, every neighborhood has its problems. I have always lived in "quiet neighborhoods" and my children have gone to "quiet" schools, and yet, my next-door neighbor was stabbed to death in NY (walking to his car from the subway, not in my neighborhood.) My school nurse in a suburban Catholic school was murdered by her husband. We had a crack house down the block (now completely renovated and resold--it's beautiful. PTA parents in my suburban school district--a LI police sergeant and his wife--turned out to be dealing cocaine. Wife turned on husband, claiming innocence (didn't she ever wonder how they could afford their lifestyle?) Husband, while out on bail, went and stabbed the people he believed ratted on him.

All in neighborhoods that real estate agents would tout for their safety...

Upvote 0

Caedmon

kawaii
Site Supporter
Dec 18, 2001
R'lyeh
✟49,383.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Others
For your safety and your family's, I think it's really important for you to be discreet about your husband's involvement in tipping off the police about suspected criminals.

I didn't read all through the thread, but at the time of the first post, at least, the criminal was still at large. I wouldn't want him/her/them to associate the Federal Marshals' visit with a call from your husband.

Yes, I think that it's also important to be a "neighborhood watch" person, but when the axe falls, it's better if it can't be traced back to your hubby.

I think in this day and age, every neighborhood has its problems. I have always lived in "quiet neighborhoods" and my children have gone to "quiet" schools, and yet, my next-door neighbor was stabbed to death in NY (walking to his car from the subway, not in my neighborhood.) My school nurse in a suburban Catholic school was murdered by her husband. We had a crack house down the block (now completely renovated and resold--it's beautiful. PTA parents in my suburban school district--a LI police sergeant and his wife--turned out to be dealing cocaine. Wife turned on husband, claiming innocence (didn't she ever wonder how they could afford their lifestyle?) Husband, while out on bail, went and stabbed the people he believed ratted on him.

All in neighborhoods that real estate agents would tout for their safety...
Evil doesn't discriminate.

Upvote 0
T

Teshi

Man, you have my sympathy and prayers, Michelle. I used to live across the street from a crack house. That was exciting. We used to joke that "it's not a crack house, it's a crack home," because the people who owned it were actually pretty pleasant, rampant drug dealing aside. Still, it tended to draw a lot of very desperate people into the neighborhood. Luckily my own home never had anything worse happen because of it than people stealing license plates.

When I was a kid, though, one of our neighbors shot up my house. I still have nightmares about that.

'course, one of my friends grew up in a great neighborhood in a quiet town, and there were two domestic murders on her block during her childhood. So I guess maybe living in a nicer neighborhood maybe just lulls you into a false sense of security. I'm probably more likely to get mugged in my new pleasant neighborhood than I was back in my old ones, since now I'm not taking precautions all the time like I used to, heh.

Praying for the safety of you and your family...the world is a scary place.

Upvote 0

Miss Shelby

Legend
Feb 10, 2002
✟88,282.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Thanks Teshi. :hug:

I had the weirdest dream last night. I dreamt that Whoopi Goldberg lived behind me, only she was in hiding and no one knew she lived there. And every now and then she'd come outside in her full habit like in the movie Sister Act. And I wanted so bad to tell people that she was my neighbor but I couldn't. LOL.

Upvote 0

Caedmon

kawaii
Site Supporter
Dec 18, 2001
R'lyeh
✟49,383.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Others
I had the weirdest dream last night. I dreamt that Whoopi Goldberg lived behind me, only she was in hiding and no one knew she lived there. And every now and then she'd come outside in her full habit like in the movie Sister Act. And I wanted so bad to tell people that she was my neighbor but I couldn't. LOL.
I wish Christopher Walken was my neighbor.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.