• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

My love for God has grown cold!

Discussion in 'Requests for Christian Advice' started by Fish14, Jul 14, 2017.

1. Fish14

Fish14 Active Member

+94
    Christian
    Private
    I thought Christianity is only about salvation or believing the gospel of Christ and sharing it to others. I loved God very much when I got saved, when I realized He really chose to die for me and my sins.

After that my life has been even duller and more boring than before getting saved! I have started to doubt deeply that God even exists. Days feel like 15 minutes and I can't manage to do good works. I sound so depressed when I talk about Jesus to unbelievers that when I am trying to save them, they think that I need help!

How can I change my life? How can I have strong faith in God's existence again? How can I let God take control of my life against the will of my flesh?

• Prayers Prayers x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Fish14

Fish14 Active Member

+94
    Christian
    Private
    I would like to know what should I do in order to regain my first love for God? I found this verse:

James 4:8 Come near to God and he will come near to you. Wash your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded.
    How can I simply "come near to God"?
    Thanks for your answers :)

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  3. greenguzzi

greenguzzi Post-Evangelical, Social Anarchist, One of The Way

+716
    Australia
    Protestant
    Married
    AU-Greens
    Step 1: Listen to this song.
    Step 2: Sing along.
    Step 3: Make it your prayer.

Oil and wine.

4. CoolDude68

CoolDude68 Well-Known Member Supporter

+720
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    Do you have a relationship with Jesus? You know, like a good buddy who's always by your side? I started talking to Him and He became my imaginary friend, although He's very real. Once you allow Jesus into your heart and begin that relationship things may change for you. It's not hard to do, just start talking and asking Him to guide your path and fill your heart with peace and joy. Sometimes life gets busy and because we live in a fallen world it's difficult to stay connected spiritually so you have to make a conscious effort and in time it will become more natural.

5. greenguzzi

greenguzzi Post-Evangelical, Social Anarchist, One of The Way

+716
    Australia
    Protestant
    Married
    AU-Greens
    You probably shouldn't be reading James right now.
    Stick to Romans for a while.

6. longwait

longwait Well-Known Member

+683
    Christian
    Married
    I agree that sometimes being a true christian can be boring. That is because you chose to sacrifice your wants for God's will. That is called dying to self. But you can make it interesting and fulfilling by doing something for the lesser privileged. Make a list of all that you have been blessed with and start your day thanking God for all of that. This is a good remedy to make you feel better.
    Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name.
    Psalms 100:4

7. Dan61861

Dan61861 7 days without God, makes one weak.

+358
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Others
    Stop trying to be perfect, He has done it all for you. Enter His rest, the letter of the law will destroy you. Your righteousness is in Christ, in faith in Him. Live in His love...love Him and love your brothers and sisters in Christ. Loving one another, this is what Christ taught from the beginning. This is what will change your life.

Read 1 John, it is a love letter to the church. Read it line by line, read it as a whole...it is amazing.

In Christ
    Daniel

8. John 1720

John 1720 Harvest Worker Supporter

+441
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Constitution
    Just remember your first love my friend. Don't be fooled by false worldly messages that attempt to adulterate the Gospel and make Christ and worldly desires one in the same. Make Jesus your peace and know the world is at enmity with God.
    As we look deeply at the heart of Jesus that is shown to us by His Apostles who have left us their testimony in the Word of God our vision of Jesus improves and our desire to know Him more intimately becomes more natural and organic. This should drive you to pray more earnestly so that the Holy Spirit can do what you perhaps consider the impossible for you - to reignite the flame of Christ within you; for it is by His Spirit that His love and mercy can penetrate the depth of darkness that has turned your love cold. There are many things that can bring us to a crisis in faith. For Corrie Ten Boon it was a concentration camp but her sister imparted Godly wisdom to her in telling her, "there is no pit of hell so deep Corrie that God's love is not deeper still". What a magnificent truth! Many times God uses our desert experiences to forge us breaking down the weaknesses in us by refiners fire that makes us so much stronger and able to stand against our trials in a world that does not recognize her true King. Hang in there your friends are praying for you that you will remember the darkest hour always give way to the dawn.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  9. Newlyrestoredgospel777

Newlyrestoredgospel777 Member

+10
    Australia
    Christian
    Private
    First of all, you do not get saved exactly by hearing and accepting that Jesus Christ(H.P) died for your sins.

If your salvation demands the life of your saviour, what is the justice in it.

Our Supreme Lord Jesus Christ brought the message of eternal life, which when you understand and begin to apply, your salvation will be sure.

No mortal man on earth today has received salvation. Getting saved is the final result of our Christian race here, which ends in living forever young without dying at all.

Salvation is from death.