My little cat Ruthie seems to be sick....

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,086,087.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
She is about the age, 7 years old, where reportedly they start to have kidney problems and she is showing some symptoms. (She may be older. I got her at a shelter and always wondered if the staff knew her age for sure, and even if maybe they were saying she was younger than she was to make her more desirable, as she was in the group that had been there a long time.) Please pray for her, and for me to make sure she gets whatever care she needs. I do believe that good little animals go to Heaven. I also know that when it is time for her to go that there will be another little rescue cat that needs a home. But of course I am still sad. She is a very good, sweet and loving, little cat.

Also, please pray that when the time comes to get another rescue cat that it will be very compatible and very healthy. Some cats live over 20 years but mine have never lived nearly that long.

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Praying Ruthie lives a long life.

Cats are resilient creatures. Had one stray we took in get in so many scraps with local animals including snakes to the point we thought he was dead. Only to snap back up a few days later. Vet said on one visit he had feline leukemia and would only live a few months. He actually made it another three years.

Had a small female Tabby live to 19. Another as a kid live to 18.

I’m hopeful Ruthie will be back to her own self in a few days.

• Friendly
Reactions: LoricaLady
Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,086,087.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Praying Ruthie lives a long life.

Cats are resilient creatures. Had one stray we took in get in so many scraps with local animals including snakes to the point we thought he was dead. Only to snap back up a few days later. Vet said on one visit he had feline leukemia and would only live a few months. He actually made it another three years.

Had a small female Tabby live to 19. Another as a kid live to 18.

I’m hopeful Ruthie will be back to her own self in a few days.
Whenever I hear about cats living so long I always ask what they were fed. Sometimes the answer seems to be "About anything." So maybe it is just genetics. I feed Ruthie Wellness Core which is supposed to be an extra healthy brand, but she was getting part dry and part wet. Now I am hearing that the wet kind, overall, is the most healthy for them as cats do not tend to drink a lot of water.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Whenever I hear about cats living so long I always ask what they were fed. Sometimes the answer seems to be "About anything." So maybe it is just genetics. I feed Ruthie Wellness Core which is supposed to be an extra healthy brand, but she was getting part dry and part wet. Now I am hearing that the wet kind, overall, is the most healthy for them as cats do not tend to drink a lot of water.
For us it's been the straight Purina brand in the blue bag. Once in while when having to give them any medication we use wet food.

Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,086,087.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
For us it's been the straight Purina brand in the blue bag. Once in while when having to give them any medication we use wet food.
Dag. Here I am feeding Ruthie the more pricey brand, and you are not the first one to tell me that Purina was fed to long lived cats. I'd always heard Purina was kinda junky. Thanks for sharing that.

Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,086,087.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I pray that God will touch your kitty. We had a rescue cat who ate something she shouldn't have and got deathly ill. After praying for her, she snapped back to life! So, praying for Ruthie to be well.
Thanks. I have been praying over Ruthie. I, too, believe that healing prayers can work for pets as well as people.

Reactions: Deborah D
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟721,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
She is about the age, 7 years old, where reportedly they start to have kidney problems and she is showing some symptoms. (She may be older. I got her at a shelter and always wondered if the staff knew her age for sure, and even if maybe they were saying she was younger than she was to make her more desirable, as she was in the group that had been there a long time.) Please pray for her, and for me to make sure she gets whatever care she needs. I do believe that good little animals go to Heaven. I also know that when it is time for her to go that there will be another little rescue cat that needs a home. But of course I am still sad. She is a very good, sweet and loving, little cat.

Also, please pray that when the time comes to get another rescue cat that it will be very compatible and very healthy. Some cats live over 20 years but mine have never lived nearly that long.

Have you taken her to the vet?

Upvote 0

EzekielsWheels

Site Supporter
Oct 3, 2018
Southeast
Visit site
✟90,626.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Thanks. I have been praying over Ruthie. I, too, believe that healing prayers can work for pets as well as people.

I believe that they can. As the Lord has made us stewards of the earth and its creatures I think we also have authority to heal animals. I've even heard of people casting spirits out of pets. I pray for your cat that she be healed of whatever condition is afflicting her and for long health.

• Winner
Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,086,087.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Have you taken her to the vet?
No, honestly I have not. I always try natural things first almost all the time on my own self. My experience with vets has been mixed. I have been listening to a cat Vet expert on YT and taking her recommendations for all wet food and so on. Ruthie, if she has kidney disease,would be in the early stages it seems. Since switching to wet food she has not shown any more signs of previous problems.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟721,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
No, honestly I have not. I always try natural things first almost all the time on my own self. My experience with vets has been mixed. I have been listening to a cat Vet expert on YT and taking her recommendations for all wet food and so on. Ruthie, if she has kidney disease,would be in the early stages it seems. Since switching to wet food she has not shown any more signs of previous problems.

ok, I was just wondering, because my cat was feeling ill and I took him to the vet ... at first they thought it was kidney disease and it turned out he had a somewhat rare blood disease and now he gets a medicine in his food every other day (not expensive) and he is doing great. He will have to be on the medicine the rest of his life.

Look at the inside of your cats ears and mouth and see if they look yellowish ... if so take her to the vet. It's worth a look.

Praying your little girl will be feeling better soon.

God Bless.

• Informative
Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,086,087.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
ok, I was just wondering, because my cat was feeling ill and I took him to the vet ... at first they thought it was kidney disease and it turned out he had a somewhat rare blood disease and now he gets a medicine in his food every other day (not expensive) and he is doing great. He will have to be on the medicine the rest of his life.

Look at the inside of your cats ears and mouth and see if they look yellowish ... if so take her to the vet. It's worth a look.

Praying your little girl will be feeling better soon.

God Bless.
Thanks for the tip and the prayers. Fortunately she has a normal looking pair of ears and a normal looking mouth. So far she seems okay. I am making sure she gets fish oil, wet food, no phosphorous and even some probiotics, per research - plus extra affection to make sure she feels extra secure. Also, I am giving her no food out of the fridge but only that which is room temperature. That is my own idea as coldness does not seem normal for how felines eat in the wild and I don't want any unnecessary stress on her.

Some say to lower their protein intake but that never made sense to me. The cat Vet I listened to on YT agreed that protein should not be cut back.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟721,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Thanks for the tip and the prayers. Fortunately she has a normal looking pair of ears and a normal looking mouth. So far she seems okay. I am making sure she gets fish oil, wet food, no prosperous and even some probiotics, per research - plus extra affection to make sure she feels extra secure. Also, I am giving her no food out of the fridge but only that which is room temperature. That is my own idea as coldness does not seem normal for how felines eat in the wild and I don't want any unnecessary stress on her.

Some say to lower their protein intake but that never made sense to me. The cat Vet I listened to on YT agreed that protein should not be cut back.

ok ... good .... prayers she gets to feeling better soon.

Lord, please help your creature in her time of need. Amen.

Upvote 0