Visit site
✟438,014.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Something else I just thought of. My sister says that Ebay now lets people list 50 items a month without paying listing fees. I think that saves most people about $30 a month--and since you never sell most of what you list on the first-go-round, it lets you list some stuff with no risk.
My use of ebay in the past was bad. No matter what i did - i didnt seem to sell.
Thats par.

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Maybe, WA, it's time you went back to school and did something different? Anything you've ever dreamed of doing? My wife grew up dirt poor in the Philippines, always wanted to be a nurse, but the program in the Phils was too expensive. She had a scholarship opportunity to get a computer science BS so she got that. When she came here to the U.S., she worked as a customer service rep for a permit software company, did some real estate sales, etc. Then she quit her job to be a stay-at-home mom for seven years. While doing that she went back to college at nights off and on and eventually accomplished her dream--she is now an RN in the cardiac ward at our local hospital, loves nursing, and in 2 years makes more $$$ than her husband who has been teaching 17 years!

Have you considered going back to college or something of that nature?

Reactions: WarriorAngel
Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟438,014.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Maybe, WA, it's time you went back to school and did something different? Anything you've ever dreamed of doing? My wife grew up dirt poor in the Philippines, always wanted to be a nurse, but the program in the Phils was too expensive. She had a scholarship opportunity to get a computer science BS so she got that. When she came here to the U.S., she worked as a customer service rep for a permit software company, did some real estate sales, etc. Then she quit her job to be a stay-at-home mom for seven years. While doing that she went back to college at nights off and on and eventually accomplished her dream--she is now an RN in the cardiac ward at our local hospital, loves nursing, and in 2 years makes more $$$ than her husband who has been teaching 17 years!

Have you considered going back to college or something of that nature?
I studied Medical Assistant in 2013 - but there are no jobs here. I was told you need 5 years experience every time i applied.
SO i wasted that time.

Upvote 0

Root of Jesse

Admiral of the Fleet/First Sea Lord
Site Supporter
Jun 23, 2011
Bay Area, California
Visit site
✟354,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I can relate, WA. My sister was a SAHM for 20 years to a guy who was an executive level of a nuke power agency. She had a degree in Hotel and Restaurant management, but let it go to raise her children. Friday, my younger niece will be giving the Valedictorian speech at her Catholic high school (though she's not Catholic), to let you know how the story ends.
After 20 years, her husband had a mental thing (which it turns out, he always had-he was a control freak) after his mother died, and said he could no longer trust her. He wanted a divorce. So she moved out, found an apartment, and they set up support arrangements, but sometimes he would withhold the support unless she gave him sex. Sometimes he didn't give her the money until it was past due. He played all these games, and the children were to suffer. My sister endured it to the end, but the one who's graduating this week has mental issues now involving cutting. She's clean as long as she takes her meds, but not sure it's a great situation. Finally the divorce came through. She was working as a part-time teacher assistant, and the principal noted her talent and recommended her for a program to get a teaching cert, which she's still working on. Also, in the divorce, she got most of half of his retirement, but that's not money she can readily access. She came out, though, much stronger.

You will too, WA.

Upvote 0

Root of Jesse

Admiral of the Fleet/First Sea Lord
Site Supporter
Jun 23, 2011
Bay Area, California
Visit site
✟354,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
She didn't either. One thing she did, though in one crisis situation: A hurricane came through and damaged her only working auto, and she had no way to get it fixed. She got a ride to her Baptist Church, where they were organizing help parties. She joined one of them, and worked on a house that had water up to the top of the first floor from the storm. She walked away from that experience realizing that she wasn't the only one in dire straights, and it made her more determined to weather her own storm.

God bless, and Hugs back at you.

Reactions: WarriorAngel
Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟438,014.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
She didn't either. One thing she did, though in one crisis situation: A hurricane came through and damaged her only working auto, and she had no way to get it fixed. She got a ride to her Baptist Church, where they were organizing help parties. She joined one of them, and worked on a house that had water up to the top of the first floor from the storm. She walked away from that experience realizing that she wasn't the only one in dire straights, and it made her more determined to weather her own storm.

God bless, and Hugs back at you.
Every day i wake up determined.
I live in an area that's seriously low on jobs.
I want to move - so so much back to where i am from but my kids won't.
SO i feel trapped.

Upvote 0