djsciple

Site Supporter
Jul 20, 2014
✟22,691.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Great rant, positions on musicians and edification, and an ending admonishment. I really liked your concepts on prayer and becoming more like Christ as you improve as a musician. Christian music can become addicting for two reasons in my opinion. One, we were created to worship our maker, God. So in listening to Christian bands which many times use bible versus and are just like listening to sermons, we are drawn in the spirit of worship. The other reason is that they use genres or sounds we are already accustomed to. Many on this forum, for example, aren't always thrilled with modern Christian praise and worship music or bands, since it doesn't appeal or cater to their taste in music all the time. There is plenty of Christian music of all genres, but it needs to be discovered. The problem I see being posted on these forums are the challenges people are facing by being ridiculed by others that object to their listening preferences. I have my viewpoints on this too of course. I truly hope others listen to your video. Your idea of praying throughout the day and holding all thoughts submissive to Christ as the bible says, helps with that discernment on music that is truly enriching to the soul. There is a lot of truth and wisdom in your voice.

Upvote 0