Roman Catholic Diocese of Nelson
✟6,780.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I've written the following letter to my modernist RCIA class. I would all of you to please read it and give me feed-back and suggestions (including typos):

Throughout my entire life, I was told by this culture that I could impose my own will on reality, IT. DOESN’T. WORK! You can’t impose your own will on reality any more than you can impose your own will on nature! I am tired, so tired of believing this lie. I reverted to the Faith because I wanted to live in conformity with reality, not to believe things that would make me feel good. Not to engage in some special movement that built up some glorious society of comfort and convenience! I’m here because I’m sick and tired of all the lies, all the delusions, all the hiding from reality, I’m sick of hiding! I could address countless issues that came up in RCIA, from the various hurtful, mean-spirited, caricatures of the Faith, it’s Saints & practices, to the child-hating abomination that is contraception. But I will only address one. I’ve been meaning to address this the moment it was brought up but I got caught up in other things that I ended up putting it off until now.

The god of power and my problem with no Hell

The belief that there is no hell, or that no one goes to hell, is one of the earliest examples of a belief that God is a god of power and not a God of Truth and Love. Please examine the Youtube video below for more on the basics of belief in a god of power and how it has messed up our culture:

The belief is that because God is All-Powerful, He can do whatever He wants even if it is irrational! God can take a sinner kicking and screaming all the way to Heaven, without changing him or her, simply because he is God. He can do whatever he wants! He is all-powerful!

God does not send anyone to hell! People go there because they do not want to spend eternity with Him! They’ve spent all their lives not loving God! They do not care about Him! They continually do things that are against Him! Why would they want to spend all of eternity with Some-One they never cared about in this life? Heaven is a place where people go who love God! If one does not love God, that person does not go there because that person does not want to be there!

If God just sends everyone to Heaven, that god is a god of power, not Truth and Love. God really loves us, He would not force Himself upon us! If we do not love God and want to spend eternity with Him, He will not force us to!

Whom I’m listening to
I do not want to waste my spiritual life convincing myself that god is some pantheistic mist that I don’t have to worry about. I want Truth itself! I want an honest relationship with the Triune God of Israel! The God who has a mind and will of His own! The God who will tell me straight-up what He wants and what He expects of me! I am done running from reality, I am done hiding from it! And I am done hiding from you, here I am! I believe in the Triune God of Israel, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, who has a mind and will of His own! I believe that God established only one Church, the Holy, Catholic, and Apostolic Church, as a gift, not for nice people, but for sinners! Th Church belongs to sinners, not nice people!

I am deeply ashamed of my cowardly behavior at RCIA. I already know who God is and what He wants, yet remained silent while you bashed people who believed that. But no more, I’m done being a coward! I will speak the Truth in Love! I already know a few people who are interested in the Truth and I will speak to them and give the gift I was given, the most precious gift a human person can receive!

So I’m not listening to those who are telling me things that make me feel better. I’m listening to the one who tells me the truth, particularly, I’m listening to the one who was there for me since the moment of my baptism. That person was there for me even in the darkest and most disgusting and wicked moments. No matter how hard I tried to flee from reality, she never gave up on me! She was determined to have me back and she prevailed. That person is Mary! I’m going to listen to Mary, my Queen and Mother. She will tell me the Truth, she will tell me what God wants from me! Our Lady’s very existence shows us that God has a mind and will of His own. Also, so that you cannot accuse me of not believing in a Loving God, God’s great loving act for us is giving her to be our Mother. Despite all resisting of her and even my ingratitude towards her after my reversion, she is still here, and still helping me! I know that God loves me and I am doing all I can to love Him back. I am going to continue loving God and clinging to His Beloved Mary. As long as I cling to her and remain under her mantle, I am safe! I firmly stand by everything I’ve said here. I am not going to be convinced of anything you say because I believe in a rational religion grounded in truth. I am devoted to Mary, so I am immune to any claim that humanity is so depraved that it cannot understand truth! I am more than happy to debate, rationally, with you about anything presented here, but not for awhile. I need to talk to my Queen and Mistress more and let her instruct me in the truth.

Glory to God
and
Hail Mary!

[Real Name Here]

Last edited:

Anhelyna

Handmaid of God
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2005
Glasgow , Scotland
✟1,297,430.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
JLOL

I think that your post as it is at present, as I'm typing this, very difficult to comprehend because of the repeats in it.

The video is posted twice and so are most of your comments. Perhaps you would edit it and then folk will be able to make comments more easily

• Agree
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

JesusLovesOurLady

Slave of the Handmaid of the Lord
Feb 15, 2017
✟6,780.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
JLOL

I think that your post as it is at present, as I'm typing this, very difficult to comprehend because of the repeats in it.

The video is posted twice and so are most of your comments. Perhaps you would edit it and then folk will be able to make comments more easily
Okay, I'm editing it.

Upvote 0

JesusLovesOurLady

Feb 15, 2017
✟6,780.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
JLOL

How's this?

Upvote 0

Anhelyna

Handmaid of God
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2005
Glasgow , Scotland
✟1,297,430.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Your first paragraph
<<You’re going to be very upset, with what I am about to say. But I have to say it, you no need to know, the problems I have with what was said, at RCIA.
Throughout my entire life, I was told my this culture, that I could impose my own will on reality, IT. DOESN’T. WORK! You can’t impose your own will on reality, anymore than you can impose your own will on nature! I am tired, so tired! of believing this lie, I reverted to the Faith, because I wanted live in conformity with reality! Not to believe things that would make me feel good. Not to engage in some special movement to built up some glorious society of comfort and convenience! I’m here because I sick and tired of all the lies, all the delusions, all the hiding from reality, I’m sick of hiding! I could address countless issues, that came up in RCIA, from the various hurtful, mean-spirited, caricatures of the Faith, it’s Saints & practices, to the child-hating abomination that is contraception. But I will only address one, I’ve been meaning to address this the moment it was brought up, but I got caught up in other things so, I ended up putting it off until now. >>

Is still there twice .

Upvote 0

JesusLovesOurLady

Feb 15, 2017
✟6,780.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Your first paragraph
<<You’re going to be very upset, with what I am about to say. But I have to say it, you no need to know, the problems I have with what was said, at RCIA.
Throughout my entire life, I was told my this culture, that I could impose my own will on reality, IT. DOESN’T. WORK! You can’t impose your own will on reality, anymore than you can impose your own will on nature! I am tired, so tired! of believing this lie, I reverted to the Faith, because I wanted live in conformity with reality! Not to believe things that would make me feel good. Not to engage in some special movement to built up some glorious society of comfort and convenience! I’m here because I sick and tired of all the lies, all the delusions, all the hiding from reality, I’m sick of hiding! I could address countless issues, that came up in RCIA, from the various hurtful, mean-spirited, caricatures of the Faith, it’s Saints & practices, to the child-hating abomination that is contraception. But I will only address one, I’ve been meaning to address this the moment it was brought up, but I got caught up in other things so, I ended up putting it off until now. >>

Is still there twice .
OK

Upvote 0

tstor

Apr 28, 2017
Maryland
✟45,260.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Celibate
I've done my best to correct any grammatical errors.

You’re going to be very upset, with what I am about to say. But I have to say it, you no need to know, the problems I have with what was said, at RCIA.

Throughout my entire life, I was told my this culture, that I could impose my own will on reality, IT. DOESN’T. WORK! You can’t impose your own will on reality, anymore than you can impose your own will on nature! I am tired, so tired! of believing this lie, I reverted to the Faith, because I wanted live in conformity with reality! Not to believe things that would make me feel good. Not to engage in some special movement to built up some glorious society of comfort and convenience! I’m here because I sick and tired of all the lies, all the delusions, all the hiding from reality, I’m sick of hiding! I could address countless issues, that came up in RCIA, from the various hurtful, mean-spirited, caricatures of the Faith, it’s Saints & practices, to the child-hating abomination that is contraception. But I will only address one, I’ve been meaning to address this the moment it was brought up, but I got caught up in other things so, I ended up putting it off until now.
Throughout my entire life, I was told by this culture that I could impose my own will on reality, IT. DOESN’T. WORK! You can’t impose your own will on reality any more than you can impose your own will on nature! I am tired, so tired of believing this lie. I reverted to the Faith because I wanted to live in conformity with reality, not to believe things that would make me feel good. Not to engage in some special movement that built up some glorious society of comfort and convenience! I’m here because I’m sick and tired of all the lies, all the delusions, all the hiding from reality, I’m sick of hiding! I could address countless issues that came up in RCIA, from the various hurtful, mean-spirited, caricatures of the Faith, it’s Saints & practices, to the child-hating abomination that is contraception. But I will only address one. I’ve been meaning to address this the moment it was brought up but I got caught up in other things that I ended up putting it off until now.

The god of power and my problem with no Hell

The belief that there is no hell, or that no one goes to hell, is one of the earliest examples, of a belief that God is a god of power, and not a God of Truth and Love.
See the Youtube video below for more, on the basics of belief in a god of power and how it has messed up our culture:
The God of power and my problem with no Hell

The belief that there is no hell, or that no one goes to hell, is one of the earliest examples of a belief that God is a god of power and not a God of Truth and Love. Please examine the Youtube video below for more on the basics of belief in a god of power and how it has messed up our culture:

The belief is that because God is All-Powerful, He can do whatever He wants, even if it is irrational! god can take a sinner kicking and screaming all they way to Heaven, without changing him or her, simply because he is god, and he can do whatever he wants! he is all-powerful!

God does not send anyone to hell! People go there because they do not want to spend eternity with Him! They’ve spent all their lives not loving God! Not caring about Him! Continuing doing things that are against Him! Why would they want spend all of eternity with Some-One they never cared about in this life? Heaven is place where people go, who love God! If one does not love God, that person does not go there, because that person does not want to be there!

If God just sends everyone to Heaven, that god, is a god of power, not Truth and Love. God really loves us, He would not force Himself upon us! If we do not love God and want to spend eternity with Him, He will not force us to!
The belief is that because God is All-Powerful, He can do whatever He wants even if it is irrational! God can take a sinner kicking and screaming all the way to Heaven, without changing him or her, simply because he is God. He can do whatever he wants! He is all-powerful!

God does not send anyone to hell! People go there because they do not want to spend eternity with Him! They’ve spent all their lives not loving God! They do not care about Him! They continually do things that are against Him! Why would they want to spend all of eternity with Some-One they never cared about in this life? Heaven is place where people go who love God! If one does not love God, that person does not go there because that person does not want to be there!

If God just sends everyone to Heaven, that god is a god of power, not Truth and Love. God really loves us, He would not force Himself upon us! If we do not love God and want to spend eternity with Him, He will not force us to!

Whom I’m listening to

I want to waste my spiritual life, convincing myself that god is some pantheistic mist that I don’t have to worry about. I want Truth Himself! I want an honest relationship with the Triune God of Israel! The God who has a mind and will of His own! The God who will tell me straight-up, what He wants and what He expects of me! I am done running from reality, I am done hiding from it! And I am done hiding from you, here I am! I believe in the Triune God of Israel, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, who has a mind and will of His own! I believe that God established only one Church, the Holy, Catholic, and Apostolic Church, as a gift, not for nice people, but for sinners! Th Church belongs to sinners, not nice people!

I am deeply ashamed of my cowardly behavior at RCIA, I already knew who God is and what He wants, yet remained silent while you bashed people who believed that. But no more, I’m done being coward! I will speak the Truth in Love! I already know a few people who interested in the Truth, I will speak to them give the gift I was given, the most precious gift human person can receive!

So I’m not listening those, who are telling me things that make me feel better. I’m listening to one who tells me the truth, particularly, I’m listening to the one who was there for me, since the moment of my baptism. That person was there for me, even in darkest and most disgusting and wicked moments, no matter how hard I tried to flee from reality, she never gave up on me! She was determined to have me back and she prevailed, that person is Mary! I’m going to listen to Mary, my Queen and Mother, she will tell me the Truth, she will tell me what God wants from me! Our Lady’s very existence shows us that God has a mind and will of His own, also, so that you cannot accuse me of not believing in a Loving God, God’s great love for us in giving her to be our Mother. Despite all resisting of her, and even my ingratitude towards her after my reversion, she is still here, and still helping me! I know that God loves me, and I am doing all I can to love Him back. I am going to continue loving God and clinging to His Beloved Mary, as long as I cling to her and remain under her mantle, I am safe! I firmly stand by everything I’ve said here, I am not going to be convinced anything you say, because I believe in a rational religion grounded in truth. I am devoted to Mary, so I am immune to any claim that humanity is so depraved, it cannot understand truth! I am more than happy to debate, rationally with you anything here, but not for awhile, I need to talk my Queen and Mistress more and let her instruct me in the truth.
Whom I’m listening to

I do not want to waste my spiritual life convincing myself that god is some pantheistic mist that I don’t have to worry about. I want Truth itself! I want an honest relationship with the Triune God of Israel! The God who has a mind and will of His own! The God who will tell me straight-up what He wants and what He expects of me! I am done running from reality, I am done hiding from it! And I am done hiding from you, here I am! I believe in the Triune God of Israel, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, who has a mind and will of His own! I believe that God established only one Church, the Holy, Catholic, and Apostolic Church, as a gift, not for nice people, but for sinners! Th Church belongs to sinners, not nice people!

I am deeply ashamed of my cowardly behavior at RCIA. I already know who God is and what He wants, yet remained silent while you bashed people who believed that. But no more, I’m done being a coward! I will speak the Truth in Love! I already know a few people who are interested in the Truth and I will speak to them and give the gift I was given, the most precious gift a human person can receive!

[I would rewrite the red sentence to read a bit more clearly. The "gift" is presumably "Truth," but it is not completely clear.]

So I’m not listening to those who are telling me things that make me feel better. I’m listening to the one who tells me the truth, particularly, I’m listening to the one who was there for me since the moment of my baptism. That person was there for me even in the darkest and most disgusting and wicked moments. No matter how hard I tried to flee from reality, she never gave up on me! She was determined to have me back and she prevailed. That person is Mary! I’m going to listen to Mary, my Queen and Mother. She will tell me the Truth, she will tell me what God wants from me! Our Lady’s very existence shows us that God has a mind and will of His own. Also, so that you cannot accuse me of not believing in a Loving God, God’s great loving act for us is giving her to be our Mother. Despite all resisting of her and even my ingratitude towards her after my reversion, she is still here, and still helping me! I know that God loves me and I am doing all I can to love Him back. I am going to continue loving God and clinging to His Beloved Mary. As long as I cling to her and remain under her mantle, I am safe! I firmly stand by everything I’ve said here. I am not going to be convinced of anything you say because I believe in a rational religion grounded in truth. I am devoted to Mary, so I am immune to any claim that humanity is so depraved that it cannot understand truth! I am more than happy to debate, rationally, with you about anything presented here, but not for awhile. I need to talk to my Queen and Mistress more and let her instruct me in the truth.

Upvote 0

JesusLovesOurLady

Feb 15, 2017
✟6,780.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I've done my best to correct any grammatical errors.

The God of power and my problem with no Hell

God does not send anyone to hell! People go there because they do not want to spend eternity with Him! They’ve spent all their lives not loving God! They do not care about Him! They continually do things that are against Him! Why would they want to spend all of eternity with Some-One they never cared about in this life? Heaven is place where people go who love God! If one does not love God, that person does not go there because that person does not want to be there!

Whom I’m listening to

[I would rewrite the red sentence to read a bit more clearly. The "gift" is presumably "Truth," but it is not completely clear.]

Thank you very, much!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,669,740.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think it is best to talk to your priest and show him this letter before you do such a thing. RCIA is hard work and they do not get paid for it. Unless there was gross error and false teaching you need to let this go. RCIA was your channel into the church afterall.

Upvote 0

JesusLovesOurLady

Feb 15, 2017
✟6,780.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I think it is best to talk to your priest and show him this letter before you do such a thing. RCIA is hard work and they do not get paid for it. Unless there was gross error and false teaching you need to let this go. RCIA was your channel into the church afterall.
There was false teaching at the RCIA class, I'm not sure gross and erroneous it was, but was erroneous. I'm not sure how much the priest can help, he already has his full with countless other issues at that parish.

Please pray that I can move to the more reverent parish, I talked about earlier.

Upvote 0

tstor

Apr 28, 2017
Maryland
✟45,260.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Celibate
There was false teaching at the RCIA class, I'm not sure gross and erroneous it was, but was erroneous. I'm not sure how much the priest can help, he already has his full with countless other issues at that parish.

Please pray that I can move to the more reverent parish, I talked about earlier.
Have you looked for SSPX parishes in your area?

Upvote 0

JesusLovesOurLady

Feb 15, 2017
✟6,780.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
There are no Latin Mass parishes in my area. I have considered moving to a Latin Mass parish, and might still do that, in the distant future. But for now I'm just going focus on moving to a more reverent parish in my local area, it's not perfect, but it's way better than my current parish.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,669,740.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Showing your priest, no matter how busy should be your first step. Plus it will bring awareness to the situation before dropping a bomb like that. Let him handle the situation first or take his advise on how to go about it. Prayers for you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JesusLovesOurLady

Feb 15, 2017
✟6,780.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Showing your priest, no matter how busy should be your first step. Plus it will bring awareness to the situation before dropping a bomb like that. Let him handle the situation first or take his advise on how to go about it. Prayers for you.
Okay, I think about it, and see if he is available. But still want everyone to read this, and make comments and suggestions, I'm really disturbed and upset by what was said there! It's been haunting me for a long time!

• Prayers
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,669,740.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Okay, I think about it, and see if he is available. But still want everyone to read this, and make comments and suggestions, I'm really disturbed and upset by what was said there! It's been haunting me for a long time!
I'm really sorry you had such a bad experience. Prayers that God guides you in this situation.

Upvote 0

PeaceB

Apr 20, 2017
Arlington
✟37,717.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Engaged
Interesting video. I agree with the other folks here who said that you should talk to the clergy at your parish. If you think there are errors that need to be fixed, there is a still a right way to go about doing it.

Upvote 0

frienden thalord

Apr 9, 2017
texas
✟59,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
God is righteous. and thus all evil must be destroyed.
HE cant deny himself.
He is love, thus he made the way OUT for us IN Christ .
God desires obedience above all things.
IF we reject His plan , His son, or make the Son into something he is not, a minisitir of sin
then we send our selves to hell.
Might let the teachers know that one.

Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟434,090.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian

Until the SSPX is regularized and fully in communion with Rome, I wouldn't make such a recommendation.

The rules in the OBOB Statement of Purpose read as follows:

OBOB is a forum for those Catholics who are in communion with the Holy See in Rome. This communion consists of the Western Church (Latin Rite) as well as approximately two dozen Eastern Catholic Churches, following various Eastern Rites, in union with the Bishop of Rome and who assent to all that the Church teaches as necessary and undeniably true through the Magisterium. The Magisterium, requiring assent, is defined as:
  • The Pope Ex cathedra
  • The Pope and Bishops from a council
  • The Bishops of the world, though dispersed proclaiming in union with the Pope.
The beliefs of the Catholic Church are found in the three primary Creeds of the ancient and Apostolic Church: Apostle's and Nicene Creed: Catechism of the Catholic Church - Credo Chart, and The Athanasian Creed. A fuller explanation of Catholic teachings can be found in the Catechism of the Catholic Church, Saint Charles Borromeo Catholic Church of Picayune, MS - Faith - Catechism of the Catholic Church

OBOB welcomes non-Catholic guests who wish to fellowship or ask respectful questions.
As it stands now, I would consider any promotion of the SSPX here to be in violation of those rules as they're still a schismatic group.

@JesusLovesOurLady have you ever been to an Ordinariate parish? If you don't have a Latin Mass offered near you, you might see whether an Ordinariate parish is nearby. Those are former Anglican parishes that have collectively entered communion with Rome via the Personal Ordinariate of the Chair of St. Peter, and through those provisions they offer the Divine Worship, which is a Catholic Mass in the same form as the Latin Mass, but spoken in Elizabethan English (which is beautiful in it's own right).

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.