• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

My letter to my doctor (on Schizophrenia)... Please read...

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,197.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Ok well I had a very isolated childhood and youth. Couldn't figure anything out. I was an atheist until the age of 18. I did reach out to a therapist but usual jig he told my parents the day I turn 16 make him homeless. Then I basically lost it at 17, massive amounts of public humiliation. Well that ended with me flying to Phoenix from the UK a I was frightened and then trying to kill myself. When I woke up I had this new feeling that followed me around for 6 months. I called it God in the end. It was never auditory or hallucinatory. It never lied to me or made me feel bad. It said you are on your own and bad things are going to happen here. I won't pluck you from this world, but I will always take the next step with you wherever it leads until the journey is done. If you are terrified and scared, look to your side, I have something kind to say. I am 33 and bit now. I slowly wasted away on pills that just hurt me. I waited 14 years and nine months to put my foot down. I moved countries to avoid having it out with these doctors where I had a free house for life. Within 30 days of being here I got slammed on the same pills for nearly 9 years. I was redefining happiness on the month often to keep it together. I finally found something that works for me. I think disabled is a functional concept. Yes it sounds like you are, and honestly it is up to you, but don't worry about it, if people are like oh but you don't do this and that. Just check it on the inside that you are working for a better you. That might mean you end up at work or might mean you end up going to groups and sharing yourself with others. Well anyway my reality boundaries are absolutely non existent. I think things like oh I will run at them from the other side and shake the bars of the gates. Then I remember I can't remember where the gates were in the first place. Ok well after 15.5 years this is working for me. I have chosen to stay out of organized religion until now, but I feel like I have something that could help. If you read this short thing, I would do the next logical thing, don't question anything, find something funny and put it on. I do it everyday now. Ok well take care
Thank You very much!

I can relate...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Richard12789

Nov 16, 2018
California
✟8,155.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thank You very much!

I can relate...

God Bless!
Ok cool! Just checking you read my text file as well. It is making it nice and good lol! They diagnosed me as fake bi polar with straight mania due to it. I do hope I helped someone, I just am that gone so had to find it on my own. Man I like the office that is my jam! Also non sense lol! I am still going at non sense trying to find the drama! Take care

• Haha
Reactions: Neogaia777
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,197.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Ok cool! Just checking you read my text file as well. It is making it nice and good lol! They diagnosed me as fake bi polar with straight mania due to it. I do hope I helped someone, I just am that gone so had to find it on my own. Man I like the office that is my jam! Also non sense lol! I am still going at non sense trying to find the drama! Take care
I cut copied and pasted it and saved it in my documents, but I will get to it, cause the first parts I read sounded good...

You also,

God Bless!

Upvote 0