Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
He went to a water park last Friday with some friends, spent the day, and now he's coughing, sneezing, congested, achy, and generally feels like garbage. As of last night, he wasn't running a fever, but I haven't seen him yet this morning, so that may change.

And no, he is not vaccinated. Neither are myself or my wife. Naturally, we're hoping he simply caught a cold, but who knows? Whatever happens, happens.

I post that as a lead-in to this. It's looking like we're getting closer and closer to societal segregation as far as this stupid virus goes. Stumblin' Joe is casting about for any excuse to force mandates, and everybody and their brother are trying to figure out ways to isolate the unvaccinated and shut them off from being able to live a normal life, for all practical intents and purposes:

Mandates and testing among Biden's plans to combat Delta surge (msn.com)

In this one, I don't agree with the Karen's actions, naturally, but it's the response from the compassionate public that concerns me---if you encounter someone who is unvaccinated, pepper-spray them??? Wow, how long before you start herding them into concentration camps?

‘We need to normalize pepper spray for these situations’: Karen coughs on mother, daughter in grocery store (msn.com)

Then we have this. Apparently, if you wake up in the morning and yawn, by the time you walk into the bathroom, you've been exposed to Covid....so the only place that's safe is to hide in the bottom of a coal mine for a hundred years, like Dr. Strangelove suggested:

35 Places You're Most Likely to Catch COVID | Eat This Not That

Which is an exercise in futility, because according to the WHO, this pandemic will never end. Never.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/09/07/who...hopes-for-eradicating-the-virus-diminish.html

And so it goes.

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟894,529.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Praying I would get a test because a fever is not the end all be all. My mother, sister and I all had co-vid shortly before Christmas and none of us had a fever.

Upvote 0

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Well I'm glad your trying to go back to life as normal and have some fun and socialize. Unless your kid has some comorbidities he is probably fine. I just heard some news anchors quote statistics from last year that more kids died from colds and flu than Covid.

Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
He went to a water park last Friday with some friends, spent the day, and now he's coughing, sneezing, congested, achy, and generally feels like garbage. As of last night, he wasn't running a fever, but I haven't seen him yet this morning, so that may change.

And no, he is not vaccinated. Neither are myself or my wife. Naturally, we're hoping he simply caught a cold, but who knows? Whatever happens, happens.

I post that as a lead-in to this. It's looking like we're getting closer and closer to societal segregation as far as this stupid virus goes. Stumblin' Joe is casting about for any excuse to force mandates, and everybody and their brother are trying to figure out ways to isolate the unvaccinated and shut them off from being able to live a normal life, for all practical intents and purposes:

In this one, I don't agree with the Karen's actions, naturally, but it's the response from the compassionate public that concerns me---if you encounter someone who is unvaccinated, pepper-spray them??? Wow, how long before you start herding them into concentration camps?

‘We need to normalize pepper spray for these situations’: Karen coughs on mother, daughter in grocery store (msn.com)

Then we have this. Apparently, if you wake up in the morning and yawn, by the time you walk into the bathroom, you've been exposed to Covid....so the only place that's safe is to hide in the bottom of a coal mine for a hundred years, like Dr. Strangelove suggested:

Which is an exercise in futility, because according to the WHO, this pandemic will never end. Never.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/09/07/who...hopes-for-eradicating-the-virus-diminish.html

And so it goes.
Praying. I am on the lookout for social issues, tack-ons, and passports.

I wear a mask whenever I am in any building, just to be safe. Most folks are vaccinated, and thus feel they can remove their masks; other businesses ask only the unvaccinated to wear a mask. In either case, I’d like to keep wearing one. The hateful stares I’m getting in public are kind of unnerving. I think the real war here is psychological, not medical.

Prayers for your son. When I had covid, my husband gave me kadha. It’s an Indian beverage, sort of like hot tea, but highly medicated. It helped get my airways open, and allowed me to breathe a bit better, and sleep.

How to Make Kaada: 7 Steps (with Pictures) - wikiHow

Upvote 0

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟276,029.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Praying I would get a test because a fever is not the end all be all. My mother, sister and I all had co-vid shortly before Christmas and none of us had a fever.

Yeah, but the problem with that is, you know how those tests work. If you go in for a sprained ankle, you'll test positive for Covid. :)

Upvote 0

Taodeching

Oct 29, 2020
Southwest
✟60,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

He can't it would have to be congress that did it under the commerce clause and then they most likely wouldn't do it because they would lose power. Business, schools, and such can mandate though because it is their freedom to do so. Great article about it here:

Current constitutional issues related to vaccine mandates | The National Constitution Center

• Informative
Reactions: Pavel Mosko
Upvote 0

Praying Rose

Jan 11, 2020
USA
✟48,814.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Prayers for your son. I think there could be colds circulating. My workplace has had some positive cases lately, but there were a few employees with light symptoms that ended up testing negative repeatedly and did not get fevers or full flu symptoms.

Coughing on someone is considered assault in some areas currently. I dunno, that Karen looked pretty disturbed. I don't think a defensive response is completely out of line if someone gets too close into your personal space and you fear for your safety, although pepper spray might not be the best technique for that. I am a female, though, so my tolerance for people in my space might be lower.

I agree with your sentiment, though. The frenzy around wanting to make everyone vaccinate is very disturbing. I have a co-worker who has been very upset that we have unvaccinated co-workers. She point-blank asks people if they are vaccinated and disparages them if they aren't. She thinks they are disease spreaders because that's what she read on the internet.

I don't really understand why the vaccine mandates are being pushed when so many fully vaccinated people are spreading the virus right now. Maybe I am missing some information. I have read many articles stating that HALF of Israel's hospitalized COVID patients are fully vaccinated. Clearly vaccination isn't doing everything we want it to, and it is not stopping the spread anymore.

So why push it so hard? Why demonize the unvaccinated when anyone can spread it? If vaccinated people can get the virus, then it can mutate in them too, correct? And how many people will blindly keep boostering every 5 months or so without questioning the long term safety of it? How do we know that people with boosters won't spread it? Herd immunity doesn't appear to be possible now, even in places with high vaccination rates. If people want to vaccinate or booster for their own safety, good for them, and I may eventually do that as well, but the mandates need to stop.

Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,178,629.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married

And so it goes.
If it is COVID then find a doctor willing to prescribe one of the protocols for early treatment, for all of you. Then after passing through without the need to 'burden' the health care system, you will all be naturally vaccinated by something far superior to Pfizer, Moderna and all the others.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,178,629.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
@prodromos , I have a question for you on Australian law. Is Covid vaccination status shown via phone apps?
Not yet, but they look set to implement vaccination passports. There is currently a case in court regarding the legality of vaccine mandates, so hopefully we will start clawing back our rights. My wife is now 'on leave' as her work has required vaccination, even though she has been working from home for months due to COVID.

Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not yet, but they look set to implement vaccination passports. There is currently a case in court regarding the legality of vaccine mandates, so hopefully we will start clawing back our rights. My wife is now 'on leave' as her work has required vaccination, even though she has been working from home for months due to COVID.
Thank you, Prodromos. I do have a feeling that through these apps, quieter trackers and algorithms will tack on a social credit system at some point. Praying for you guys in Australia. That’s insane, and draconian. No one should be barred from church because of vaccination status , that’s mad. I hope this garbage gets overturned.

Upvote 0

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟276,029.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well, it turns out he doesn't have Covid. Took him to the doctor yesterday because of his vicious sore throat, and he has nothing more than a head cold.

So, the doc said to dose him with painkillers and a massive regimen of Benadryl, and let it run its course.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,656,090.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well, it turns out he doesn't have Covid. Took him to the doctor yesterday because of his vicious sore throat, and he has nothing more than a head cold.

So, the doc said to dose him with painkillers and a massive regimen of Benadryl, and let it run its course.

Thanks be to God!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums