• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

My illness will not go away.

Discussion in 'Prayer Wall' started by The Faceless, Sep 6, 2019.

1. The Righterzpen

The Righterzpen Jesus is my Shield in any Desert or Storm

+707
    United States
    Reformed
    Widowed
    We'll all keep praying for you I'm sure.

Rest and try not to over due it when you do feel better. Sometimes it takes time. I'm glad you don't have pneumonia though. I've had that. It's unpleasant!

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  2. LoricaLady

LoricaLady YHWH's Supporter

+5,752
    Messianic
    Private
    Praying for you to be led to whatever medical, natural, and/or alternative health helps that will lead to your healing. I also pray for your peace of mind.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  3. The Faceless

The Faceless Has A Face

+430
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Private
    I have my answers after visiting with the pulmonologist. I have the vaping illness that's been in the news lately. He said it's been going on for a lot longer but they had so little information that it was brushed off as bronchitis.

Vaping got me off smoking a year ago. I bought into the healthier alternative narrative. Turns out vaping illness and death happens 100x faster than smoking illness and death.

My case is not extreme and I'm expected to heal in about a month with supportive care. More steroids for a longer period of time for the inflammation and inhaler as needed. Thankfully I haven't even vaped since this happened because I physically couldn't so I was already ahead on healing.

He showed me my x-rays of what they're finding in vapers. It's so crazy. I'm his 3rd patient this week and the ER has had a few as well.

Vaping is very, very bad. Spread the word.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Prayers Prayers x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  4. The Righterzpen

+707
    United States
    Reformed
    Widowed
    I was thinking about you today actually. I'm glad they found out what was wrong.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  5. Gracia Singh

Gracia Singh Newbie Supporter

+6,962
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    I'm so glad they found out what's wrong! Lord, have mercy.

I made the exact same mistake. I encouraged my husband to get on vaping a few years ago, to get off cigarettes. We had no idea. He has lung issues now, wheezes, and has a hard time biking and walking without getting winded easily. Before vaping, he was essentially fine.

Now he's back on cigarettes, and, paradoxically, is healthier. Somehow.

Back on topic, I'm glad they got that diagnosed! Please take care of yourself, Faceless, and keep us updated as things get better!

• Like Like x 1
    • Prayers Prayers x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  6. musicalpilgrim

musicalpilgrim pilgrim on the sacred music pathway Supporter Angels Team

+19,968
    United Kingdom
    Pentecostal
    Married
    Praise God you had a correct diagnosis, I pray for you to enjoy good health and thank you for the info on vaping.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  7. redleghunter

redleghunter Thank You Jesus! Supporter

+28,730
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Are you any better now?

8. The Faceless

The Faceless Has A Face

+430
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Private
    I'm better than I was last week and the week before. Still have a lot of progress to make.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  9. musicalpilgrim

musicalpilgrim pilgrim on the sacred music pathway Supporter Angels Team

+19,968
    United Kingdom
    Pentecostal
    Married
    Continuing in prayer for you today for healing

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  10. The Faceless

The Faceless Has A Face

+430
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Private
    I'm moving right along in my recovery. My oxygen maintains 98, sometimes 99 with no assistance. The wheezing has almost completely stopped; there is still just a little bit. My lungs seem almost completely cleared out, just a little remains. All in all I'm doing well and I would say I'm feeling 95% normal. I'm one of the lucky ones.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  11. The Righterzpen

+707
    United States
    Reformed
    Widowed
    I'm glad you are recovering well.

I didn't even know such a thing as vaping illness existed until you said that's what you had. Then I went and looked it up. Several people have died and the medical community still isn't sure what causes this. I showed my son some of the news articles. He doesn't do any of this, but some of his gaming friends do. He was shocked too.

So, I thank you for your honesty. I got an educations out of this.

12. The Faceless

The Faceless Has A Face

+430
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Private
    Many people in the vaping community are blaming the illness on illegal THC vape pens, but I and many others do not use those and have still fallen ill. I wish people would wake up.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  13. redleghunter

redleghunter Thank You Jesus! Supporter

+28,730
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Praise be to God.