Dec 29, 2004
✟171,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Married
...I need to quit coming here to CF. I'm tired of seeing blasphemy from people that call themselves Christians, and I'm tired of not being able to tell it straight in response. I'm obviously not very ecumenical or diplomatic. It's doing me no good. I need to concentrate on my own walk. If y'all see me here- tell me to go pray or something- or PM me so you can friend me on Facebook. From 2004 until now is a long haul- but I need to spend less time on-line anyway.

This is probably the millionth time I've 'officially' left- but I'm pretty sure I really mean it this time. I can't keep doing this. The time is now for me to get it together on my own end. God will guide those to Himself that He will. Me posting anything about Orthodoxy on-line will have no bearing on that one way or the other, and it is pure hubris for me to think otherwise. Anyway, God bless you all and take care.

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,167,262.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Prayer is probably the only way to get through to some people. In these cases it is better to talk to God about them than it is to talk to them about God.

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟303,748.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
2004 until now is a long time to put in to guiding others. Yet everything that has been from God will not return void. Seasons of stepping out with God are biblically interspersed with times of fellowship alone and away from the crowds. We have to be sensitive to His leading. You and I have not often seen eye to eye on a lot of occasions but when Christians have been online on the same forum for so many years together we come to trust those who we know to be committed Christians and for that reason I have always considered your posts. God bless you in your walk with Him.

Upvote 0

Anhelyna

Handmaid of God
CF Senior Ambassador
Supporter
Nov 29, 2005
Glasgow , Scotland
✟1,288,370.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
I'll miss you Seashale

I've always enjoyed reading your posts . I may not post a lot here [ that will probably be corrected now ;) ] but you are one of the posters I've regarded highly.

Whatever you choose to do - be at peace :crosseo:

Upvote 0

GoingByzantine

Seeking the Narrow Road
Supporter
Jun 19, 2013
✟92,845.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I admit that my unexpected half a year break from this site was actually somewhat refreshing, but honestly I knew I would come back sooner or later. For better or worse I am connected to this community, and I will probably continue to post here until I am told that I cannot.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,745.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
...I need to quit coming here to CF. I'm tired of seeing blasphemy from people that call themselves Christians, and I'm tired of not being able to tell it straight in response. I'm obviously not very ecumenical or diplomatic. It's doing me no good. I need to concentrate on my own walk. If y'all see me here- tell me to go pray or something- or PM me so you can friend me on Facebook. From 2004 until now is a long haul- but I need to spend less time on-line anyway.

This is probably the millionth time I've 'officially' left- but I'm pretty sure I really mean it this time. I can't keep doing this. The time is now for me to get it together on my own end. God will guide those to Himself that He will. Me posting anything about Orthodoxy on-line will have no bearing on that one way or the other, and it is pure hubris for me to think otherwise. Anyway, God bless you all and take care.

You know you will be missed. :(

And I want you to know that you are one of the main persons, posting in GT at the time, that drew me to Orthodoxy. I really didn't LIKE some of what you said, lol (I hope I was nice about it though) but you gave me the info and when I checked it out ... well, you know the rest and I wanted you to know that you were definitely part of the process. God bless you for that!

And you know I already pm'd you.

(And I'll add to the others - please at least consider dropping into TAW for fellowship, even if you don't set out into other areas of CF. I've cut WAY back on all that myself - had to.)

God be with you, dear sister!

Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It may help to take a break from *certain kinds* of threads. CF can be an ocean of refreshment or a swamp of annoying, draining time wasters depending in which threads you click and how you use your time. At least stop in and talk to those people who love and encourage you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jesus4Madrid

Orthodox Christian
Jul 21, 2011
✟90,072.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
For whatever reason, I have lost momentarily my desire to argue with Non Orthodox people about the faith. Immediately after joining the Church, I used to argue with a passion that only recent converts seem to have. Whilst such contention did help me think through some issues, I also almost lost a few friends along the way.

I am not saying Christian and Orthodox apologetics is not useful. But it takes a toll.

Reactions: seashale76
Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,167,262.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
For whatever reason, I have lost momentarily my desire to argue with Non Orthodox people about the faith. Immediately after joining the Church, I used to argue with a passion that only recent converts seem to have. Whilst such contention did help me think through some issues, I also almost lost a few friends along the way.

I am not saying Christian and Orthodox apologetics is not useful. But it takes a toll.
I tend to pick my fights carefully. I do try to simply present the Orthodox position without necessrily trying to win the argument. Those who are open to the truth will be touched and those who are not will remain in their belief. Sometimes I can't help calling a spade a spade though.

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,745.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I tend to pick my fights carefully. I do try to simply present the Orthodox position without necessrily trying to win the argument. Those who are open to the truth will be touched and those who are not will remain in their belief. Sometimes I can't help calling a spade a spade though.

Wisdom.

I am aspiring to this. Not there yet though. But I appreciate your example. (Besides, you know a lot more too lol)

Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,167,262.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Wisdom.

I am aspiring to this. Not there yet though.
Me either.
But I appreciate your example. (Besides, you know a lot more too lol)
Oddly enough, I find you a much better example than I am, although your role as CF ambassador probably gives you a bit more incentive to post with grace. I've got a long way to go :)

• Friendly
Reactions: ~Anastasia~
Upvote 0