Northern Nevada
✟8,359.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why are you concerned? For you or for him? For your marriage or for him?

I'm not too worried about my marriage, to be honest; I know he is solidly committed to our marriage, so this issue is not something I forsee ever leading to divorce or separation. Knowing how differently we see things at this point is disappointing for our relationship within our marriage, though. Intimacy, for me at least, has always had a spiritual facet. I can be friends with people who are not Christian, or who have vastly different spiritual beliefs than me, but when it comes to the intimate relationship within my marriage I long for spiritual intimacy.

I just don't want him to be deceived. I want him to be in heaven. I also want to have a united front when it comes to raising our daughter. I know that ultimately she will make her own choices and believe her own beliefs, but I'd hoped we could give her a solid foundation in the gospel so it will at least have a fighting chance in her as she grows up and goes out into the world that is going to tell her it's dumb, oppressive, bigoted, or whatever.

Upvote 0

Deidre32

Follow Thy Heart
Mar 23, 2014
Somewhere else...
✟74,866.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I'm not too worried about my marriage, to be honest; I know he is solidly committed to our marriage, so this issue is not something I forsee ever leading to divorce or separation. Knowing how differently we see things at this point is disappointing for our relationship within our marriage, though. Intimacy, for me at least, has always had a spiritual facet. I can be friends with people who are not Christian, or who have vastly different spiritual beliefs than me, but when it comes to the intimate relationship within my marriage I long for spiritual intimacy.

I just don't want him to be deceived. I want him to be in heaven. I also want to have a united front when it comes to raising our daughter. I know that ultimately she will make her own choices and believe her own beliefs, but I'd hoped we could give her a solid foundation in the gospel so it will at least have a fighting chance in her as she grows up and goes out into the world that is going to tell her it's dumb, oppressive, bigoted, or whatever.
Don’t give up hope. It’s very possible he will stray but come back. Many Bible stories show people who doubted God and questioned Him. We aren’t that different. The followers of Christ were very lost and so we should always have hope in Christ. I know you do but I’m just trying to help you see that all is not lost simply because he is reading a book about the occult. Prayers for you and your family :heart:

• Agree
Reactions: 2PhiloVoid
Upvote 0