My Husband Had a Stroke

blessed53

May 3, 2010
✟7,619.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
My beloved husband had a stroke over 2 weeks ago and is in the hospital going through physical rehab, to learn how to talk and walk again. I have already seen the Lord.move on his behalf, as his speaking has gotten a little better and the doctors and therapists say he is slowly making improvement.. This is difficult for him, however, because it is taking time and he feels vulnerable and helpless. He struggles with frustration and depression. There is one nurse there in particular who tends to speak negative things, which upsets him. I cannot be there every day due to transportation limitations and because I am busy at home preparing our tiny place for his return. I do call and pray with him daily and remind him of what God's Word says about healing. Your prayers for him will be much appreciated and please pray for me, as well, to be strong and be physically able to help take care of him during his recovery, as I have some physical issues,too.

I would appreciate it if whoever of you feels lead to do so would post encouraging messages here that I can read to him to help lift up his spirits and inspire his faith that the Lord truly heals and does exceeding abundantly above what we ask or think or pray for. His name is Ron.

Thank you and God bless you.

bfly

Contributor
Oct 2, 2005
Alabama
✟23,591.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Father I lift this family up to You for complete healing and strength and courage as they go through this trying time. Lord have mercy on the ones with negative attitudes that are entrusted with Ron's care. May the nurse remember except for the Grace of God goeth I. Give the wife extra strength and health as she prepares to take care of Ron in their home. May they both look to you for love and understanding and may they both see Your hand at work in their lives. In Jesus' name, amen

Upvote 0

Stephanie7

Senior Veteran
Jun 6, 2004
✟111,104.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When you speak to your husband next, give him this scripture to hang on to
"For in Him we live, and move and have our being" Acts 17:28 Thank You LORD because it is in Your strength that this man will recover. Praise be to God, thank You LORD for restoring this man's speech and his movement back to normal and every part of his body and mind that was affected by the stroke. Thank You for all that You have done so far, and all that You will continue to do. Help his wife, grant her strength to help her husband. Grant her extra energy and peace, In Jesus Name, Amen

Upvote 0

blessed53

May 3, 2010
✟7,619.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Thank you all so much for posting encouragement, as both my dear husband and I both need prayerful support. I had a rough day a couple of days ago and just cried and cried because this sometimes seems so overwhelming, but reading your messages helped me, as I know God is always faithful to His Word and that He will see my husband and me through this to healing and victory.

Your messages posted here really help. It's good to know that we are not alone and that our brothers and sisters in Christ care.

God bless you all!

Upvote 0

servant of Merciful Love

Goodbye~God bless
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2008
✟2,498.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Thank you all so much for posting encouragement, as both my dear husband and I both need prayerful support. I had a rough day a couple of days ago and just cried and cried because this sometimes seems so overwhelming, but reading your messages helped me, as I know God is always faithful to His Word and that He will see my husband and me through this to healing and victory.

Your messages posted here really help. It's good to know that we are not alone and that our brothers and sisters in Christ care.

God bless you all!

One day at a time with the Lord's Grace :hug:
That is a lot to handle emotionally and physcally!
Psalm 31:24 Be strong and take heart, all you who hope in the Lord.

Continued prayers promised for adequate supportive services (for you BOTH) ~ in his rehab and complete healing :pray:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

heavensangel1964

Storming 'Heaven' For Souls
May 28, 2008
East Mesa, AZ and Prescott, AZ
Visit site
✟13,563.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
My Heavenly, Loving, Eternal, Sweet Daddy Father God.....:prayer:

I offer up Blessed53 and Her Husband to thee...:prayer:

Please, bless them both...
crossrc.gif

And Pour Your Most Precious Blood Upon Them....:prayer:

Please heal them....:prayer:

Especially Blessed53's Husband...:prayer:

Please touch all areas of his body, that are in "Great Need " of Your Most Precious Healing....:prayer:

May Your Sweet, Heavenly, Loving Will Be Done, According To Your Loving Word And Timing......:prayer:

And I claim this Precious Healing.....:prayer:

clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif
"In The Name Of Jesus Christ!"
clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif

AMEN!
amen.gif

A Suggested Pray For People Who Are Ill or Sick:

"I am the beloved son or daughter of the Lord who made me and who created the whole universe."

"He has done great things for me, and He is preparing great things for me."

"Glory be His Name!"

Upvote 0

sidhe54

Dec 8, 2009
USA
✟8,354.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Praying for you and dear Ron. Asking for the intercession of St Lydwine of Schiedham and Servant of God Fr Nelson Baker for full healing of DH and strength for both of you...

Our Father, Who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come, Thy Will be done,
on earth as it as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day, our daily bread and
forgive us our trespasses as we forgive
those who trespass against us.
Lead us not into temptation, but
deliver us from evil.
Amen

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with Thee.
Blessed art Thou among women,and
blessed is the fruit of Thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God,
pray for us now, and
at the hour of our death.
Amen

Glory be to the Father, to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit.
As it was in the beginning, as is and ever shall be, world without end.
Amen

O my Jesus, forgive us our sins,save us from the fires of Hell,
lead all souls to heaven, especially those in most need of Your Mercy.
Amen

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary,
that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection,
implored thy help, or sought thine intercession was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins,
my Mother; to thee do I come, before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful.
O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions,
but in thy mercy hear and answer me.
Amen.

Upvote 0

Stephanie7

Senior Veteran
Jun 6, 2004
✟111,104.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Let the tears flow for they are healing and will strengthen you.

Father God, be with both husband and wife and send hope and encouragement to them daily, a word, a kind deed, a passage, a smile, may it all help to restore them. I lift up the husband to You and ask that You will restore his strength and his function. May relearning to walk and talk go quicker than expected and bring him back to a place that even he will be able to see progress in himself. Thank You Lord for blessing this couple. May they know in their hearts that You are right along with them helping the both of them, In Jesus Name, Amen

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

vcs

Endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ
May 4, 2010
✟10,365.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Praying that the Lord will be with both you and Ron, every step of the way each day. God bless.

Malachi 4:2
But for you who revere my name, the sun of righteousness will rise with healing in its wings. And you will go out and leap like calves released from the stall.

Upvote 0

suzeequeue

redeemed by the blood of the Lamb
Oct 5, 2006
U.S. Midwest
✟15,133.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
hang on to Jesus, my dear sister; i know you are. i am praying for you and your beloved. i pray Ron's heart is encouraged by knowing the body of Christ loves and cares about Him. may our dear heavenly Father comfort you both through these trials. i believe you will see good come from this, sweetie. wait on the Lord. we don't always understand His ways, but He is always working things together for the best for His children.

Upvote 0

Pompa Mike

May 8, 2010
New Mexico USA
✟15,313.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Wow, this is helping me out too, I had a heart attack and bypass surgery just a month and a half ago, I've had a little bit of left sided weakness and symptoms of a mild stroke. It is very frustrating, humbling, and frightening to be in the middle of a serious illness. I've worked in health care for a number of years and I can tell you that you and your husband can request that the negative nurse not be assigned to him. I have to say that since my surgery I have not been able to shut up. Let Ron know that Mike's covering the talking for him for now, I'll start talking less as he picks up the pace. It's hard at first but I've seen it many times he'll get better at it. I just remembered I was taking a walk maybe two days after my surgery and my oxygen level started dropping off. I didn't want to acknowledge that it was dropping so I kept talking, The nurse was really nice and she said, "If you don't talk for about 5 minutes your oxygen level will go back up." That was the nicest way for her to tell me to SHUT UP. I'll be praying for both of you, be safe.

Upvote 0

blessed53

May 3, 2010
✟7,619.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
The doctor is going to try a new medication on Ron to see if it will help to improve his motor skills.

It's a drug typically used for treating Parkinson's Disease, but he wants to use it for Ron's stroke symptoms to see if it will improve his balance. He has been having problems with coordination and being able to stand up without falling back. Please agree with me in prayer that there will be no adverse side-effects and that this drug will help Ron.

Thank you and God bless you.

Upvote 0