East of Manchester
✟2,622,909.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
It has been 2 weeks since my husband Peter died at home. A long illness becoming progressively weaker over 2 years. Treatment extended his life but the cancer was relentless.
Sorting out paper work, bills etc is a difficult time although people are very helpful. I just keep crying. We were married for 56 years. I miss him so much.
I pray and thank the Lord for a wonderful husband and my daughter's help.

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,656,450.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It has been 2 weeks since my husband Peter died at home. A long illness becoming progressively weaker over 2 years. Treatment extended his life but the cancer was relentless.
Sorting out paper work, bills etc is a difficult time although people are very helpful. I just keep crying. We were married for 56 years. I miss him so much.
Praying!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,087,939.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I'm so sorry. You shared so much in the 56 years you were together in your pilgrimage through this world. I am glad you have your daughter's help, and even though paperwork and details seem urgent what's most urgent is taking care of your own emotional and spiritual needs. I will pray for you.

Upvote 0

Gentle Lamb

"Let there be sheep!"
Site Supporter
Jul 18, 2009
✟272,616.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

May God comfort you in your sorrow and heal your hurting heart.

Upvote 0

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟429,169.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Lord have mercy upon MusicalPilgrim, her daughter, and all who are grieving the loss of a beloved husband and father at this time. May his soul rest among the righteous and the just in the Heavenly Jerusalem, the place out of which all suffering has fled away.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I am sorry for your loss, it is going to be difficult for you to recover so just accept the help of your family and do not make any major decisions. If your husband was a vet he (and you) may be eligible for a free plot check it out with the VA. May God give you His peace.

Upvote 0

Brad D.

A Way Unknown
Aug 22, 2022
US
✟106,051.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Until the Day breaks and the shadows flee, I will go to the mountain of myrrh and to the hill of frankincense (SOS 4:6)

Whatever holes the Lord leaves He is able to fill us with the fragrance of Christ. May something happen in the dark that is manifest in the light. Thanks be unto God, which causes us to triumph in Christ and through us maketh manifest the fragrance of His knowledge in every place (2 Cor. 2:14)

Praying for you and your daughter.

Upvote 0

Joined2krist

CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
✟427,078.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Sorry for your loss. Your husband is now free from the sufferings attached to this world. You will see him healthy and strong again in Heaven. Take care of yourself and rest, God keep you and your daughter.

Upvote 0

By_the_Book

Life lived by the Bible is life worth living.
Jul 25, 2022
St. Augustine
Visit site
✟30,509.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican

I truly sympathize with you. My heart goes out to you. I too lost my husband just a few months ago. We were married for 37 years. I won't go into the details in a post of what happened but perhaps we can private message and I'll go into more details, but it was a situation that like yours became extremely difficult at the end. I loved him, just as I am sure you loved your husband, so incredibly much.

There is so much to take care of after a spouse dies. Because of the way our life was designed I had even more hoops to jump through but I'm extremely grateful that my husband and I arranged life so that I would not have to worry. God has been so incredibly good to me and I'm sure he will do likewise for you.

The holidays are coming, it's going to be a rough time, for both of us, there's the tendency to be strong for other family members but we need to make sure we have people we can communicate with openly and honestly about how we're feeling.

If I can be there for you in any way just send me a private message.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mourningdove~

"Pray, and prepare ..."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2005
✟438,001.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
musicalpilgrim,

You have been on a long and strenuous journey battling cancer with your husband.
God heard your prayers, saw your tears, sees them now, and is near to comfort you.

... that is what I feel lead to share with you.

I'm so very sorry for your loss.:heart:

Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,909.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
musicalpilgrim,

You have been on a long and strenuous journey battling cancer with your husband.
God heard your prayers, saw your tears, sees them now, and is near to comfort you.

... that is what I feel lead to share with you.

I'm so very sorry for your loss.:heart:
Thank you so much, the Lord sent a 'good Samaritan ' a past piano pupil who turned up with cooked dinners, and sat with me and helped with paperwork. I thank the Lord for her.

Upvote 0

mourningdove~

"Pray, and prepare ..."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2005
✟438,001.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Thank you so much, the Lord sent a 'good Samaritan ' a past piano pupil who turned up with cooked dinners, and sat with me and helped with paperwork. I thank the Lord for her.

Our God is an Awesome God:heart:.

Upvote 0

jcpartri

Oct 11, 2022
Maine
✟11,455.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
The God of all comfort through the Lord Jesus, bring to You in this time all true comfort and joy in having Christ Jesus. It is God's hand to give and to take. May God teach us all that when He takes it is always for an amazing good and greater glory to His name.

Not sure if this song if the appropriate fit for what you are going through right now, but it certainly helps me to think about how the Lord is in complete control. - many blessings and all peace.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

musicalpilgrim

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,909.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
The God of all comfort through the Lord Jesus, bring to You in this time all true comfort and joy in having Christ Jesus. It is God's hand to give and to take. May God teach us all that when He takes it is always for an amazing good and greater glory to His name.

Not sure if this song if the appropriate fit for what you are going through right now, but it certainly helps me to think about how the Lord is in complete control. - many blessings and all peace.
Such a wonderful song, thank you

Upvote 0

Natalie De La Fontaine

Aug 5, 2019
Grenoble
✟67,121.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am so sorry for your loss, my heart goes out to you and your family. I pray you are all given peace strength and comfort sending all my love and I’m so sorry ❤️

Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,909.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
1671712477023.png

Upvote 0

JuliusSneezer

May 12, 2022
York
✟11,394.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A little late to the thread as I’ve been off the forums a bit, but since it is the first Christmas season without Peter, I knew it would be a tough one.

Caring for my father the last year of his life with cancer was difficult. Perhaps one of the greatest joys you may have now is the guarantee that he will never face such hardship ever again.

Of course this joy is mixed with the sorrow of your loss. You will be in my prayers this season. Remember, this too will pass. One day, you will celebrate these seasons with your beloved again.

One of the things that helped me was focusing on the joy I would someday have with my father when we are reunited. Hopefully these thoughts will take at least some of the sting out of your loss.

Tomorrow is the best hope and promise we have. Cling to it tightly and before you know it, you will be with your husband again.

Upvote 0