Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This Forum is a place for respectful discussion and debate of political issues, by Roman Catholics, in the context of the Roman Catholic Faith.

Fr. Richard Heilman

I hated Trump in the primaries, probably for all the reasons many do right now. He is crass and attacks, many times justifiably so, but many times when I believe a better strategy would be more effective. In this sense, he seemed reckless. I questioned his past and, while we should never condemn anyone for who they were, I needed to see that this is not who he is now.

While voting for Hillary was simply not an option, I also knew we needed to unite in order to stop the freight train of totalitarianism that was heading our way fast, so a third party choice was simply a “half vote” for the very dangerous Clinton regime.

Now, you are welcomed to your own opinion, but here is mine …

After getting to know more about him, over time, I believe there has always been a lot of goodness in our President, but he was subjected to and influenced by the New York bubble. And, I believe he was caught up in that.

But, what captivated me was watching “redemption in action” as he campaigned outside of that bubble, and became enamored with the “heart of America.” Most of us are simple in our approach to life. God has set us on earth to make a difference, and we all work that out in our daily lives, mostly through raising good faith-filled, patriotic citizens. We celebrate our “Life, Liberty and Pursuit of Happiness.” We love God and we love all of the beautiful American traditions … from 4th of July parades to outdoor Christmas decorations to recreating in God’s beautiful American landscape. Most of us are church-goers, out of a desire to praise and thank God. We firmly believe in values and ethics and virtues and such things as honesty and forgiveness. While we enjoy our freedoms, we are among the first to sacrifice those as we rush to our neighbor’s aid when they are in need. We are Americans!

I believe our President came out of his bubble and fell in love with us. And, I believe he came to understand that this classic “Americana” was not only right, but necessary in order for our culture to survive. He left a self-centered world and discovered an other-centered world. And, from that point on, our President fought hard for this “other-centered Americana.” We all felt that love and fighting spirit in our President, and we all became a united family together.

But, here was the problem. The dishonest self-centered world wanted to “run the world.” And, our President would have none of it. In his determination to fight for you and me, this man was a wrecking ball to the ruling class, and became the greatest threat to self-centered’s momentum toward totalitarian rule.

And so, the four year coup d’état (attempt to overthrow) was set in motion, once this “real and present danger” to the ruling class was seen for who he was – A Fighter.

Living through these past four years, I am like most who say we have never seen anything like this in the history of America. From the Russian hoax – engineered by Clinton and her minions – to the first phony impeachment, to this second impeachment just now.

And, who can deny that this past election year was historic, in that a virus was politicized and domestic terrorism was incited, all in the name of overthrowing our President … and us.

Add to this, nearly half of America believed the Democrats stole the election, and now this totalitarian regime, who owns and operates all of the levers of influence, has managed to criminalize the questioning of the election.

From Breitbart

Continued below.
My Honest Opinion of Our President – And Our Future