My girlfriend is Wiccan, it's hurting her, and I don't know how to help her.

Serving Zion

Seek First His Kingdom & Righteousness
May 7, 2016
Revelation 21:2
✟223,022.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
She does live with her parents.
I think you have a bit of useful things to think about now. I caution about recommending medical treatment, once they have created a record in their system, they consider the client a lifelong subject -- even going so far as to expect their offspring will become potential clients. Whereas, helping her to understand what is making her feel uncomfortable and addressing the source of that which reinforces her fears, it may produce the right philosophy and environment for her to lead a normal life.

When it comes to faith, stick to what you have in common and gently sow the seeds that will grow (it is God who gives the increase). Keep in mind that every religion is looking at the same reality in their own way - that reality is that we are members of a spiritual world manifesting into the physical. The Holy Spirit is set apart from all the others and He is knowable by anyone who pursues the knowledge of Him. The Christian scriptures are useful for that purpose. Unless a person has been hurt by someone saying that they are justified to hurt them in the name of Christianity, I find that they are quite agreeable to the teachings of Christianity that I deliver to them. But, having said that, there is a lot of harm done in the name of Christianity and a large part of our shame in delivering the gospel is sharing the same name with them. God is not mocked though.. all will be rewarded for their works (eg: 1 Corinthians 3:10-15, 2 Corinthians 5:10).

Reactions: logmantm
Upvote 0

logmantm

Nov 3, 2018
USA
✟7,959.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
A psychologist may be more helpful if she refuses to rely on meds. She needs to be open to what the psychologist would suggest, of course.

It sounds like you'll be learning a lot about each other. Don't get me wrong, I do not endorse relationships with unbelievers at all. You two may grow apart, and that wouldn't be a bad thing, though it may be a painful thing. I'm just saying to exploit this situation to leave her a good testimony and help her if you can, but don't hold on tight.

At the very least, thank you for your the first part of this message.

However, the second part makes me so incredibly angry that I don't think I could respond to it. Not because of my Girlfriend, but because of how love works in general.

Upvote 0

logmantm

Nov 3, 2018
USA
✟7,959.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I think you have a bit of useful things to think about now. I caution about recommending medical treatment, once they have created a record in their system, they consider the client a lifelong subject -- even going so far as to expect their offspring will become potential clients. Whereas, helping her to understand what is making her feel uncomfortable and addressing the source of that which reinforces her fears, it may produce the right philosophy and environment for her to lead a normal life.

When it comes to faith, stick to what you have in common and gently sow the seeds that will grow (it is God who gives the increase). Keep in mind that every religion is looking at the same reality in their own way - that reality is that we are members of a spiritual world manifesting into the physical. The Holy Spirit is set apart from all the others and He is knowable by anyone who pursues the knowledge of Him. The Christian scriptures are useful for that purpose. Unless a person has been hurt by someone saying that they are justified to hurt them in the name of Christianity, I find that they are quite agreeable to the teachings of Christianity that I deliver to them. But, having said that, there is a lot of harm done in the name of Christianity and a large part of our shame in delivering the gospel is sharing the same name with them. God is not mocked though.. all will be rewarded for their works (eg: 1 Corinthians 3:10-15, 2 Corinthians 5:10).

Thank you, that was very enlightening.

Upvote 0

Serving Zion

Seek First His Kingdom & Righteousness
May 7, 2016
Revelation 21:2
✟223,022.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
However, the second part makes me so incredibly angry that I don't think I could respond to it. Not because of my Girlfriend, but because of how love works in general.
Love is a universal language, that doesn't belong to one religion or another, but if the knowledge of Jesus Christ is given and received in love, it leads to agreement and awareness of the Christian faith: that Jesus is Lord and God has raised Him from the dead.

While it is true that problems come about because of believers connecting to unbelievers, it isn't necessarily a rule that people of two different religions can't have love .. the point to notice is that a partner who is an unbeliever is actively disagreeing with the believer, and you need to know why that is. I know that sometimes a Christian is so hell bent on believing false doctrine that they become incapable of hearing what others are saying, so the unbeliever has been justified to disagree. But once they believe that they have a right to dissent Christianity, then there is that spirit of mockery in the relationship, looking down on the blind believer, and that is an opposing spirit to God, who is love, that opposes love and then the relationship suffers. Even when that dissent comes through having been touched by a Christian outside of the relationship, the believer is guilty by association in their mind (outsiders think that Christians are Christians and non-Christians are non-Christians).

So it's important to put it to the test, and make sure that the love you have for her is reciprocal in the presence of God (Matthew 18:20). Start chatting about it casually. Have a look through this booklet and see if there is something that looks like it could be interesting to her and that would lead to a bit of a conversation, because when you begin talking about it, you will see whether The Holy Spirit is finding a place to reside in her (Revelation 3:20).

• Agree
Reactions: logmantm
Upvote 0

Jesusismyking87!!

Nov 3, 2018
Savannah
✟12,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
As you read in the title, my girlfriend is Wiccan, and it's hurting her. Before I explain the situation, let me just say that I found out about her religion through twitter a few hours ago, and she doesn't know that I know. I honestly don't care what religion you're in as long as you aren't hurting anyone because of it, and for the most part for her that is true. However, my girlfriend is experiencing severe psychological trauma because of it, I'll explain why later.
Basically what's going on is that she had to go to a psychiatrist for her problems. She now is on an anti-depressant that's supposed to help her, but it isn't. She tells me that it's because "it's weak to rely on the pill to get through it", but I'm pretty sure she doesn't want me to figure out she's Wiccan because of the general opinion between Christians of Wiccans (I read up on them from the point of view of an actual Wiccan, and I think they're fine for the most part). Through my research, I leaned about their principals on medicine. I may be wrong about this, but I think the reason that her situation upsets her, but from what I can find, she's upset because most Wiccans believe in using herbal medicine over synthesized medicine because it's sacred to them. I don't know how I can help her or if I can try to help her without her getting mad at me. Please help, this is tearing me apart inside and I don't know what to do.

Friend I say this out of a humble and loving spirit. I once tempted with Wiccan and I will be honest with you. Witch craft is witch craft. And for me it sounds like she is battling a demonic depression. I do not say this to scare you but to let you know. I understand its hard to approach the one you love and ask, but maybe you just may need to ask brother maybe she just needs the help to break the chains of the witch craft but does not understand how to approach you. Seek her with this verse and I will keep you all in my prayers tonight.

Leviticus 19:31
31 “ ‘Do not turn to mediums or seek out spiritists, for you will be defiled by them. I am the LORD your God.

1 John 4:4

4 You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world.

God bless you!:crosseo::groupray:

Reactions: Serving Zion
Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,589.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
we don't talk about religion a lot, as I like to focus more on a person that what they believe unless their beliefs harm others.

And an eternity separated from God is the ultimate in self harm.
Honesty is vital in a relationship. Let her know you are a Christian and that you are concerned for her physical and spiritual helth and that people are praying for her.

Be sure that you cangive a reason for your belief and a reason why wicca is false.

Upvote 0

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
As you read in the title, my girlfriend is Wiccan, and it's hurting her. Before I explain the situation, let me just say that I found out about her religion through twitter a few hours ago, and she doesn't know that I know. I honestly don't care what religion you're in as long as you aren't hurting anyone because of it, and for the most part for her that is true. However, my girlfriend is experiencing severe psychological trauma because of it, I'll explain why later.
Basically what's going on is that she had to go to a psychiatrist for her problems. She now is on an anti-depressant that's supposed to help her, but it isn't. She tells me that it's because "it's weak to rely on the pill to get through it", but I'm pretty sure she doesn't want me to figure out she's Wiccan because of the general opinion between Christians of Wiccans (I read up on them from the point of view of an actual Wiccan, and I think they're fine for the most part). Through my research, I leaned about their principals on medicine. I may be wrong about this, but I think the reason that her situation upsets her, but from what I can find, she's upset because most Wiccans believe in using herbal medicine over synthesized medicine because it's sacred to them. I don't know how I can help her or if I can try to help her without her getting mad at me. Please help, this is tearing me apart inside and I don't know what to do.
There are quite a few people, Wiccan or not, who have a mistrust of conventional medicine. Leaving aside religious contrasts, her mistrust may respond to evidence. There is clear evidence that can easily be researched through a literature review, that can demonstrate efficacy for mental health treatments. So you may appeal to her reasoning on the basis there is an abundance of evidence behind your viewpoint. Your Dr might point you in the right direction.

I disagree with the comment that she is affected by the occult. Wiccan suggests a spiritual relationship to nature. Nothing more.

I totally agree with @Sketcher about the need to stay linked to a mental health professional.

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I don't know how I can figure that out because I don't know how to bring it up.

(Full) conversations are needed in any healthy relationship.

Practice makes almost perfect.
Not one is good.

M-Bob

Upvote 0

Truth Lover

Aug 21, 2016
St Louis, MO
✟22,173.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I am concerned that your girlfriend will lead you away from Christ.
2 Corinthians 6:14 "Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness 15 What harmony is there between Christ and Belialb? Or what does a believer have in common with an unbeliever? 16 What agreement is there between the temple of God and idols? For we are the temple of the living God"
Paul warned the Galatians about believing a false gospel.

She sounds co-dependent, with you as her rescuer. If that is so, she will likely turn on you someday because she will resent it.
In Surprised by Truth 2 by Patrick Madrid is a chapter written by the guy who fabricated most of the information about Wicca. He has become a Catholic now. He was getting paid by the word for an AOL forum. Wicca is a fiction of his imagination. It is a modern invention and does not have a long history.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums