Manila
✟34,975.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
My Girlfriend is a Christian.. her devotional reading is really good daily... i have seen the fruit on her life..

We're planning to marry next year..

One of our main issue to her spiritual life is having fellowship to other female Christians... when i asked her why, she said next time always..

Then when i want to introduce her to a pastor, which is part of my fellowship group, she does not want coz she is shy she said... she is getting shy to get fellowship to others.. pls help n pray for me.. dunno what to do.. =(

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My Girlfriend is a Christian.. her devotional reading is really good daily... i have seen the fruit on her life..

One of our main issue to her spiritual life is having fellowship to other female Christians... when i asked her why, she said next time always..

Then when i want to introduce her to a pastor, which is part of my fellowship group, she does not want coz she is shy she said... she is getting shy to get fellowship to others.. pls help n pray for me.. dunno what to do.. =(

Caution is good. Not every other Christian is a good fit for her.
You take care of your own spiritual life and God will take care
of hers.

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
There will be perfect fellowship in heaven
but, we don't have that down here.

I don't care for it as much as my wife does.
Guess it's hard at times for both
to be on the exact same page with all things?

Usually the two in love
merge together more and more in time
but,
this can and will take work on (both sides)
because, it is also easy for some to drift apart.

Christian premarital counseling seems to be a necessity for all serious ones.

M-Bob

Reactions: Aldrin25
Upvote 0

thecolorsblend

If God is your Father, who is your Mother?
Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

I can’t throw too many stones on this as I’m very introverted myself. It’s possible that your girlfriend can say the same thing.

On a more cynical note, part of me sympathizes with her for totally separate reasons. Specifically, I’ve seen up close and personal how much damage can be done in these groups. It’s an ugly fact of life. A lot of good can come from being in a group. But it’s conceivable that they are (or can become) total shark tanks.

I’m not accusing your group of anything; just giving a different perspective.

Be patient with her. She may come around. If not, and if you marry her, this is an aspect of her personality that you’ll need to find a way to accept.

Upvote 0

sdowney717

Apr 20, 2013
✟102,598.00
Faith
Christian
Dont worry about what other people think, your the one who is going to be in marriage relationships with her, all the others are peripheral people. A man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the 2 shall become 1 flesh..

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

Have you ever asked her if she has social anxiety?

Upvote 0

Aldrin25

Jun 7, 2019
Manila
✟34,975.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Have you ever asked her if she has social anxiety?
She does not have, our relationship is almost 3 years.
-------------
@All

By the way guys, the reason why I'm telling this to you, because I love sharing God's Word to those baby Christians and evangelizing..so all female baby Christians I evangelized, I want her to disciple them if ever, but I'm really having difficulty..I think I need to find another leader that will lead these females?

This is one of our conflict...that's my spiritual desire, to make disciples.

but thank you so much guys for advice and encouragement...please pray for me also.

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
-------------
@All
I think I need to find another leader that will lead these females?

but thank you so much guys for advice and encouragement...please pray for me also.

Probably best to go with that.
Might not get better?
Might get worse?
M-Bob

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
She does not have, our relationship is almost 3 years.
-------------
@All

By the way guys, the reason why I'm telling this to you, because I love sharing God's Word to those baby Christians and evangelizing..so all female baby Christians I evangelized, I want her to disciple them if ever, but I'm really having difficulty..I think I need to find another leader that will lead these females?

Remember leadership can take many forms.

Upvote 0

Aldrin25

Jun 7, 2019
Manila
✟34,975.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FanthatSpark

LImited Understanding
Oct 3, 2013
✟78,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
The lost teaching... In Luke Jesus sends his disciples to sequester. This can not be taught in a church due to it takes from the money in the plate. The reason for sequester is to let... God teach us. This in effect does a reordering of first love. In picture, first love looks like this ... Who do I seek to please, a person (my girlfriend/boyfriend) or God?

The above is said to look at self in the following concideration. You sir, see the light from your gf and wish to share that light with others, yes? Your intention seems righteous to you due to traditions taught by man that have done well for... you... in your growth, however, the roads are still many, as it is written. Sequester has many forms and time is mute to each individual for we live and learn in trials .

Lets flip the script and talk in modern pictures . The above is sayen, changing your gf is detriment in a three pronged effect. 1. God has not yet given her the gift of righteous spirit where this takes an unshakable confidence in first love to God. 2. It may not be her task to fellowship with others but help ...you... see yourself in said task . 3. Forcing change of your gf actually shines the light on, you dude, and your molding of another which actuallty negates sequester and the whisper that can not be heard for you drowned it out with loud suggestion to her ears.

I get your situation, for I did the same and lost said gf to my pride that my way (tradition) is above Gods way (Living Spirit) in not stepping back and asking self, do I love her as she is? Can I love her when God changes her in his own time not mine?

In closing, you love her as she is or you would not label her as gf. The seek to change her derives from you see the shiney object in her (Holy Spirit) and want to share it with others. What we might be leaving out of the scenario is that others will see it too in an organic fashion and start asking for advise in Gods time. Prayers to you and yours , good sir.

Upvote 0

Aldrin25

Jun 7, 2019
Manila
✟34,975.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
The lost teaching... In Luke Jesus sends his disciples to sequester. This can not be taught in a church due to it takes from the money in the plate. The reason for sequester is to let... God teach us. This in effect does a reordering of first love. In picture, first love looks like this ... Who do I seek to please, a person (my girlfriend/boyfriend) or God?

The above is said to look at self in the following concideration. You sir, see the light from your gf and wish to share that light with others, yes? Your intention seems righteous to you due to traditions taught by man that have done well for... you... in your growth, however, the roads are still many, as it is written. Sequester has many forms and time is mute to each individual for we live and learn in trials .

Lets flip the script and talk in modern pictures . The above is sayen, changing your gf is detriment in a three pronged effect. 1. God has not yet given her the gift of righteous spirit where this takes an unshakable confidence in first love to God. 2. It may not be her task to fellowship with others but help ...you... see yourself in said task . 3. Forcing change of your gf actually shines the light on, you dude, and your molding of another which actuallty negates sequester and the whisper that can not be heard for you drowned it out with loud suggestion to her ears.

I get your situation, for I did the same and lost said gf to my pride that my way (tradition) is above Gods way (Living Spirit) in not stepping back and asking self, do I love her as she is? Can I love her when God changes her in his own time not mine?

In closing, you love her as she is or you would not label her as gf. The seek to change her derives from you see the shiney object in her (Holy Spirit) and want to share it with others. What we might be leaving out of the scenario is that others will see it too in an organic fashion and start asking for advise in Gods time. Prayers to you and yours , good sir.

Some of your words are kinda deep :-D
thanks much...

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟951,181.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I love sharing God's Word to those baby Christians and evangelizing..so all female baby Christians I evangelized, I want her to disciple them if ever, but I'm really having difficulty.

But does she want to do the same or are you expecting her to fall in line with your dream? If God hasn’t gifted her for shepherding nothing you say is going to change that. Maybe her place in the body isn’t discipleship.

Expecting her to operate in a manner she isn’t fashioned does more harm than good. The want to serve in that capacity must be born within. You can’t ignite it. Only He can.

Upvote 0

Aldrin25

Jun 7, 2019
Manila
✟34,975.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
But does she want to do the same or are you expecting her to fall in line with your dream? If God hasn’t gifted her for shepherding nothing you say is going to change that. Maybe her place in the body isn’t discipleship.

Expecting her to operate in a manner she isn’t fashioned does more harm than good. The want to serve in that capacity must be born within. You can’t ignite it. Only He can.
Thanks so much for enlighting me.

Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Your girlfriend sounds like me. It's ok. She's shy, careful, and maybe a bit of a loner. That's ok.

We can be fruitful Christians and be shy. There's kind of a myth that Christians have to be super friendly and thrive on group activities. That's not always true.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

sdowney717

Apr 20, 2013
✟102,598.00
Faith
Christian
Your girlfriend sounds like me. It's ok. She's shy, careful, and maybe a bit of a loner. That's ok.

We can be fruitful Christians and be shy. There's kind of a myth that Christians have to be super friendly and thrive on group activities. That's not always true.
Yes me too, i shy away from speaking to groups, definitely have not enjoyed attention paid to me as in having to speak in front of people, and also somewhat of a loner. I have been married for 38 years now.

Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

FanthatSpark

LImited Understanding
Oct 3, 2013
✟78,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
"Deep"er fellowship :oldthumbsup: :D . For me, this is were Christians come to delve into self. It takes courage to do that, good sir :oldthumbsup: . Yet, always pray on what is read , if it applies to self, change self and have faith in God ,

Also, this format where you actually know not the individuals herein , you get truth to self, for our feelings mean nothing in a Christian rejoicing in truth, as it is written 1 Corinthians 13:6. Be well, Good sir and prayers are with you brother :groupray:.

Upvote 0

JCFantasy23

In a Kingdom by the Sea.
Jul 1, 2008
Lakeland, FL
✟502,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

I think some are loners with their faith; I struggle with this a lot myself. Sometimes people take awhile to feel comfortable, so this may be the case with your girlfriend. Sent up a prayer.

Upvote 0