• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

My fun find of the day!

Discussion in 'One Bread, One Body - Catholic' started by Michie, Jul 29, 2021.

1. Michie

Michie Human rights begin in the womb. Supporter

+42,823
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    Just went to the Emmaus Rescue Mission and ran across this!

66A18F58-56C1-4E9D-9881-CF222DDDEFAE.jpeg

I will have fun trying these soups. :)

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. BrAndreyu

BrAndreyu Well-Known Member

+1,129
    United States
    Ukr. Grk. Catholic
    Single
    US-Others
    I think that my mom might have this book, the cover looks really familiar.

3. pdudgeon

pdudgeon Traditional Catholic Supporter

+10,971
    United States
    Catholic
    Widowed
    US-Republican
    That looks interesting!!

4. Michie

+42,823
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    I can’t wait to try the different soups in this book. I love making soups. :)

5. Michie

+42,823
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
  6. Fenwick

Fenwick ☩ Broman Catholic ☩

+9,887
    United States
    Catholic
    Single
    US-Others
    You're going to have a great winter now because of that.

7. Michie

+42,823
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    Indeed! So much fun! I love to make soups. Hubby calls me the soup queen! Lol!

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  8. eastcoast_bsc

eastcoast_bsc Veteran

+9,079
    Christian
  9. Michie

+42,823
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    Will do! :)

10. Michie

+42,823
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    [​IMG]

This is my Mom's neighbor, Brother Victor-Antoine d'Avila-Latourrette . a Benedictine monk, living in the Hudson Valley for something like 40 + years. Beautiful portrait of him by Francesco Mastalia.

Originally from Pau, France, Brother Victor moved to New York City in the early sixties. He moved up to the Hudson Valley and built Our Lady of the Resurrection Monastery * with his fellow monks.

Benedictine Monks live off what the land provides, what the world offers. There is no retirement, no pension. Their days are spent in prayer and work. Each monastery must provide for itself. These days, while sometimes having student intern and help with care for the animals, Brother Victor is the monastery's only permanent resident.

[​IMG]Brother Victor is also a world renowned cookbook writer. Published in some 14 languages, "From a Monastery Kitchen" is a wonderful collection of his very personal experience with seasonal recipes and life philosophy. There are fifteen other titles which he has written : Soups, Salads, Spirituality, Christmas meals, special meals... all of which you can order here!

Continued below.
    Cooking and Looking Paris ! : Thank You Brother Victor, Benedictine Monk, Master Vinegar Maker

11. Michie

+42,823
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    So I was going through the recipes yesterday. Seems like a good time to give it a go. Thinking of trying one this weekend. Still have not decided which one. But with the garden coming on I might as well take advantage of it.

12. Anhelyna

Anhelyna Handmaid of God CF Senior Ambassador Supporter

+14,762
    Eastern Orthodox
    Private
    That makes a lot of sense Michie, make sure you let us know how it turns out

13. Michie

+42,823
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    Definitely will. I’ll post pics too. :)

14. BrAndreyu

BrAndreyu Well-Known Member

+1,129
    United States
    Ukr. Grk. Catholic
    Single
    US-Others
    I would for that reason alone. Eating the food you grow is the most satisfying thing in the world. I remember one Christmas we made a green bean casserole with beans that I had grown in an old recycling bin and I felt like a million bucks as a result. Then the next summer, I grew okra in that same recycling bin and fried it up.

If you're going to grow vegetables in Florida, you have to do it in a container with purchased soil because there are too many pests and nematodes in the sandy, natural soil that will ruin it for you.

15. Michie

+42,823
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    I love eating the things we produce. Buying from the grocery has awful produce compared to growing your own.