Menomonie, Wisconsin
✟9,680.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Evolution fits the observations quite well, so not much would fit in the top blank.

Some would argue that imperfection would imply the incorrectness of Creationism, but that is easily refuted - the Fall is the source of all problems. So I won't say that. Creationism also fits the current biological observations well (geology, astronomy are another matter); the issue with Creationism is that it is not science.

Upvote 0

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If creationism is true, then why did God make the world so that it looked like life developed by evolution?

There's mine.

Yikes such bias. I suppose that's what you've been taught so I really can't blame you for your post.
But, does the world really look like it developed by evolutionism? Are the fossils in the geological column a product of death burial, death burial, death burial over long time spans or a product of the flood of Noah where they were all buried rapidly and recently?
You see....they dig up these fossils buried in the geological column and find soft tissue in dino bones...that somehow lasted... not decaying or mineralizing in over 65+ million years.

Even the coal contains C14 that should be there.

Upvote 0

Kylie

Defeater of Illogic
Nov 23, 2013
✟293,810.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Yikes such bias. I suppose that's what you've been taught so I really can't blame you for your post.
But, does the world really look like it developed by evolutionism? Are the fossils in the geological column a product of death burial, death burial, death burial over long time spans or a product of the flood of Noah where they were all buried rapidly and recently?
You see....they dig up these fossils buried in the geological column and find soft tissue in dino bones...that somehow lasted... not decaying or mineralizing in over 65+ million years.

Even the coal contains C14 that should be there.

Does it look like life developed by evolution?

Well, evolution explains the nested hierarchy we see, the DNA that is similar across all species, similar blood types to Humans in other animals... There's a huge amount of evidence for evolution, and if you type "evidence for evolution" into Google, you can find some of it.

And the fossils found do not match what we would expect to see if they were all buried rapidly in a worldwide flood.

And that soft tissue that was found, it has been explained. http://www.livescience.com/41537-t-rex-soft-tissue.html

Upvote 0

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Well, evolution explains the nested hierarchy we see, the DNA that is similar across all species, similar blood types to Humans in other animals... There's a huge amount of evidence for evolution, and if you type "evidence for evolution" into Google, you can find some of it.

I believe you just described aspects of a common creator. But then again there is no God so you gotta be right? Yes?

Upvote 0

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Does it look like life developed by evolution?

And the fossils found do not match what we would expect to see if they were all buried rapidly in a worldwide flood.

And that soft tissue that was found, it has been explained. http://www.livescience.com/41537-t-rex-soft-tissue.html

Your site basically had this to say:
Iron is an element present in abundance in the body, particularly in the blood, where it is part of the protein that carries oxygen from the lungs to the tissues. Iron is also highly reactive with other molecules, so the body keeps it locked up tight, bound to molecules that prevent it from wreaking havoc on the tissues.

After death, though, iron is let free from its cage. It forms minuscule iron nanoparticles and also generates free radicals, which are highly reactive molecules thought to be involved in aging.

"The free radicals cause proteins and cell membranes to tie in knots," Schweitzer said. "They basically act like formaldehyde."

What scientist actually know is this:
Fourth, just because this iron increases the “resistance of these ‘fixed’ biomolecules to enzymatic or microbial digestion” does not necessarily mean that it increases resistance of these “fixed” biomolecules to degrading chemical reactions.1 In other words, these authors have again shown that iron inhibits microbes, but they did not show that it inhibits the oxidation and hydrolysis reactions known to relentlessly convert tissues into dust.

Plus, though they showed how iron ups resistance to microbes for two years, they did not show that it does so for millions of years. Getting these tissues to resist enzymes and microbes is the lowest hurdle. These results fail to demonstrate the next step—getting tissues to resist the laws of chemistry for unimaginable time spans.

While the study does show that iron helps preserve soft tissues, the results fall far short of the authors’ claim that this explains soft tissue persisting for millions of years. Concentrated blood and extra water may not approximate real conditions, iron is not always present with known original tissue fossils, and the scientists did not produce a useful time-to-dust estimate for their iron-encrusted tissues.

By showing that iron particles stuck to dinosaur blood vessels look similar to those attached to ostrich vessels, this research may explain how soft tissues have resisted disintegration for longer-than-expected intervals—for example, thousands of years. You can learn from the full article by clicking here.

Upvote 0

Kylie

Defeater of Illogic
Nov 23, 2013
✟293,810.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I believe you just described aspects of a common creator. But then again there is no God so you gotta be right? Yes?

Yah huh. Because that's why marine creatures like whales have so much in common with land animals.

It makes perfect sense that God would say, "I've got this animal, lives its entire life in the water. And despite the fact that I can give it the ability to extract oxygen from water, I think it needs... LUNGS!"

Makes perfect sense.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Kylie

Defeater of Illogic
Nov 23, 2013
✟293,810.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
That's a pretty open statement...what would you expect to see?

Fossils all jumbled up and laid down randomly, what with all that rushing water. But we don't see that, do we? We see trilobites laid down in particular layers and they are never found outside those layers. And we see the same with various species of dinosaur. And we see that whale fossils are always laid down in rock YOUNGER than dinosaurs. A worldwide flood can not explain this.

Upvote 0

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Fossils all jumbled up and laid down randomly, what with all that rushing water. But we don't see that, do we? We see trilobites laid down in particular layers and they are never found outside those layers. And we see the same with various species of dinosaur. And we see that whale fossils are always laid down in rock YOUNGER than dinosaurs. A worldwide flood can not explain this.

Yes, biomes do seem to be buried together. That makes logical flood sense.

Upvote 0

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yah huh. Because that's why marine creatures like whales have so much in common with land animals.

It makes perfect sense that God would say, "I've got this animal, lives its entire life in the water. And despite the fact that I can give it the ability to extract oxygen from water, I think it needs... LUNGS!"

Makes perfect sense.

It makes no sense that a fish would sprout legs...walk around on land...then crawl back into the sea.

Upvote 0

Kylie

Defeater of Illogic
Nov 23, 2013
✟293,810.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Yes, biomes do seem to be buried together. That makes logical flood sense.

No it doesn't.

Why do we never see horses and dinosaurs buried in the same layers?

Evolution explains this easily - when the layers containing dinosaurs were laid down, horses did not yet exist.

But according to YEC, horses and dinosaurs lived together. Why are they never found in the same layers.

Upvote 0

Kylie

Defeater of Illogic
Nov 23, 2013
✟293,810.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
It makes no sense that a fish would sprout legs...walk around on land...then crawl back into the sea.

First of all:

Secondly, you have no idea what evolution actually is. If you think that a dolphin is the result of a fish growing legs, walking around and then deciding, "Nah, this isn't for me," then you have a very simplistic view of evolution. The changes happened literally over millions of years, over hundreds of thousands of generations, and across several classes.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

TagliatelliMonster

Sep 22, 2016
Brugge
✟66,672.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
But, does the world really look like it developed by evolutionism?

Yes. Well... by "evolution". Not "evolutionism". But that's a detail.

Are the fossils in the geological column a product of death burial, death burial, death burial over long time spans or a product of the flood of Noah where they were all buried rapidly and recently?

Over long spans of time due to various circumstances. No, not by a single physically impossible flood that never happened.

You see....they dig up these fossils buried in the geological column and find soft tissue in dino bones...
that somehow lasted... not decaying or mineralizing in over 65+ million years.

Which is not a problem, as new research has provided the answer about how that can happen.

But you probably never heared about that, as the creationist propaganda probably likes to pretend as it it is "impossible" and as if "no answers exist".

Newsflash: they are wrong/lying again.

Upvote 0

TagliatelliMonster

Sep 22, 2016
Brugge
✟66,672.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I believe you just described aspects of a common creator.

No. All examples we have of things that are made by a "common creator", never fall in a nested hierarchy.

There is 0 reason for such "productlines" by a "single creator" to fall into a nested hierarchy.

In fact, it would be incredibly amateuristic to design your products in such a way.

But then again there is no God so you gotta be right? Yes?

I don't see how a god couldn't exist if evolution is correct.

In fact, the official stance of the vatican, and with it some 1 billion catholics, is exactly that: god exists and evolution occured.

So one can only wonder why you are objecting to.

Upvote 0