Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Ppl that are codependent will help ppl who havent even asked for help. So they just wasting their time cos they dont need it.
She asked me to go visit. She asked me to call the other friend to call her. Its not like im going to hospital and barging in giving her diet tips. As if.

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
You cant just stand by and watch an alcoholic drink themselves to death but i suppose anyone in the viciniity is named a codependent if they are a relation or a friend. Well no. Its not like that. At all.

Please leave your psychologising at the door and address the real issue.

Upvote 0

DawnStar

Pragmatist
Nov 27, 2014
✟37,814.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Private
The real issue is that you are trying to diagnose your friend without the proper experience and you are gossiping about her behind her back to complete strangers. Are you ready to address that? Or are you going to continue ignoring the biblical advice we have given you here?

• Agree
Reactions: mkgal1
Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
My friend needs her mum at a time like this.
Me and my other friend who is also now friends with her are continuing to pray. Said to her to mention church and see if shes keen on going for christmas. We could do a walk or go to pools after but invite her to church first and say we only available sundays. Or if theres a church service during the weekday somehow go to that.

Decided this because I dont want to hear any talk of food, shopping, exercise or other obssessions anymore.

I think maybe being the wife of an unsaved husband means you do get obssessed with your appearance.

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
It was really sad that I saw her and she asked me if she looked alright and and worried about it in the hospital. She was wearing trackies when usually she likes to get blinged up. I said its ok you can let yourself go a bit at the hospital.

Upvote 0

mkgal1

His perfect way sets me free. 2 Samuel 22:33
Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Also shes a christian, most ppl that are codependent dont know God
I don't know where you get that idea from. People can be Christian AND still be co-dependent. Emotional health is separate from spiritual health. We can still have "hang ups" (blind spots) as Christians.

Codepenency is not actually a biblical way of looking at things. Jesus actually helped those who ASKED just like in the bible he says if you ask our heavenly father for a fish he wont give you a stone.
Codependency is over-stepping from "helping" to trying to manage another person's life---not trusting them to make their own best decisions. Jesus still allowed people their own free will (Peter comes to mind....and his denying Jesus).

She has asked ME for help. And my help comes from the Lord.
From what you've written: she's asked you to pray for her and visit her (she hasn't asked you to diagnose her and offer solutions as to how to re-gain her health. She has medical professionals for that).

Ppl that are codependent will help ppl who havent even asked for help. So they just wasting their time cos they dont need it.
She asked me to go visit. She asked me to call the other friend to call her. Its not like im going to hospital and barging in giving her diet tips. As if.
Weren't you planning on slipping a pamphlet into the magazines you were bringing her? Aren't you planning on only being available to spend time with her at church? Do you see how that's limiting her options and her decisions?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DawnStar

Pragmatist
Nov 27, 2014
✟37,814.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Private
Decided this because I dont want to hear any talk of food, shopping, exercise or other obssessions anymore.
And yet you still seem to think it is OK to gossip about her supposed obsessions on this forum:
It was really sad that I saw her and she asked me if she looked alright and and worried about it in the hospital.
This is a Christian advice forum yet you seem to continuously do your best to turn it in to a gossip forum. It is sad that you do not see this.

Last edited:
Reactions: mkgal1
Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,402.00
Country
United States