Dec 25, 2002
✟35,477.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
My first grade daughter just informed that a guy in her class said that a classmate of hers was "hot and sexy" and she tells me, "not hot like she's hot" as she fans her face with her hand.
Then her friend told her that "he should have said it to her" (my daughter) instead of the other girl, but "the other girl has been bringing this boy quarters every day since last year since she has had a crush on him."

I'm going to go vomit now.

MrJim

Legend 3/17/05
Mar 17, 2005
FEMA Region III
✟42,622.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
2.gif

Upvote 0

Filia Mariae

Senior Contributor
Jul 27, 2003
USA
Visit site
✟11,996.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
That's better than what happened to me at recess duty (gag) today.

This pack of kindergarteners comes running up to me shouting "Matthew said 'Oh my God,' Matthew said 'Oh my God!'" Meanwhile, Matthew is screaming, nuh uh, nuh uh, I said "Oh my gosh." So I say, "Okay boys & girls, Oh my gosh sounds a lot like Oh my God, so let's just say oh my goodness." And little Jacob, who is about the size of a 3 year old, puts his hands on his hips and says, "Or you could just say [wash my mouth][wash my mouth][wash my mouth]."

Ah, the delights of childhood social dynamics.

Upvote 0

BAFRIEND

Feb 16, 2007
✟23,362.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
My first grade daughter just informed that a guy in her class said that a classmate of hers was "hot and sexy" and she tells me, "not hot like she's hot" as she fans her face with her hand.
Then her friend told her that "he should have said it to her" (my daughter) instead of the other girl, but "the other girl has been bringing this boy quarters every day since last year since she has had a crush on him."

I'm going to go vomit now.

Find that boy and whip his...

Reactions: Mom2Alex
Upvote 0

ShannonMcCatholic

I swallowed a bug
Feb 2, 2004
✟30,743.00
Faith
Catholic
That is more or less why we keep on choosing to homeschool...that sexualization and smart-aleck, Disney channel-esque mode of speaking is still there, but not quite so 'in your face' and not for 8 relatively unsupervised hours 5 days a week. (No offense to our valiant teachers here, I only have 5 to look after and my attention is scattered- I can't imagine how difficult it is with 30 kids).

Upvote 0

geocajun

Priest of the holy smackrament
Dec 25, 2002
✟35,477.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
What the deal ?

Really,

I thinks it kind of cute
Charlie, you have to remember that my daughters are the most beautiful girls in the whole world. If you consider it in that context, and that I have three of them, the oldest being 6 yrs old and who told she understands the concepts of 'hot and sexy'.
I'm scared, very scared.

I did think it was really cute for about a nanosecond though, and then the reality hit me. I'd think it was much more cute if it were my son saying some girl was hot, rather than my daughter all excited about some guy saying it to her friend, and then her friend saying it should have been to her, etc ...

I'm in big trouble. This is just the beginning.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

isabella1

All is in God's hand!
Nov 23, 2007
Home
✟20,118.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
That would be concerning geo. And should be.

Let me tell you, even special ed. students have this problem.

My daughter came home from school one day last week and said she had a new boyfriend, and that the para. pro. (forgot her name because shes new), told my daughter that they can be a couple and should be a couple. YIKES. Up until now, my daughter only liked boys and never had a thought of what being a couple even was. So whats next? I was a little peeved that this para pro would disturb her innocence in that way. I know it may not be a big thing for most, but with concerning a child with neurological problems, that is trusting to everyone, it can be a HUGE problem, that could get her hurt. Just venting here.

Upvote 0

fated

The White Hart
Jul 22, 2007
Illinois (non-Chicago)
✟26,223.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
That would be concerning geo. And should be.

Let me tell you, even special ed. students have this problem.

My daughter came home from school one day last week and said she had a new boyfriend, and that the para. pro. (forgot her name because shes new), told my daughter that they can be a couple and should be a couple. YIKES. Up until now, my daughter only liked boys and never had a thought of what being a couple even was. So whats next? I was a little peeved that this para pro would disturb her innocence in that way. I know it may not be a big thing for most, but with concerning a child with neurological problems, that is trusting to everyone, it can be a HUGE problem, that could get her hurt. Just venting here.
The "He's totally HOT!" part was what got me, as well as a minor irk from the quarter deal.

Upvote 0

Mom2Alex

In Christ
Jul 19, 2008
+Diocese of Buffalo, NY
Visit site
✟9,585.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Charlie, you have to remember that my daughters are the most beautiful girls in the whole world. If you consider it in that context, and that I have three of them, the oldest being 6 yrs old and who told she understands the concepts of 'hot and sexy'.
I'm scared, very scared.

I did think it was really cute for about a nanosecond though, and then the reality hit me. I'd think it was much more cute if it were my son saying some girl was hot, rather than my daughter all excited about some guy saying it to her friend, and then her friend saying it should have been to her, etc ...

You are right to be concerned, and if my son said that (a 10 year old), heads would roll. I don't think that language is appropriate and neither does my husband. We have taught him that he must be respectful of girls and all women. This includes talking about them, custody of the eyes and seeing girls as a creation of God not as pinups. See the Seven Cs for Boys and Six Ms for Girls. It may contain some topics that will come up as your girls grow, but it gives the parents a good overview of how to deal with the topics as they come up. I find that they mirror the conversations we have had with our son and I have seen it in action. I heard him admonish a friend who was over to visit when they thought I was out of hearing range and believe me - we talk a lot about this stuff - with him coming to us with questions and not us needing to approach the subject. :thumbsup:

God bless you and your little ladies,

Kelly

Upvote 0

Cosmic Charlie

The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated
Oct 14, 2003
✟66,682.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I'm scared, very scared.

I need to put this in a way that won't get me nicked.

Which will be tough,

But

No guts no glory.

As the father of both sons and daughters I have discovered that, as parent concerned about the purity of your children, with boys you have to worry about only one male's adolesent homomones.

With girls you have to worry about EVERY males adolesent homomones.

Why do you think I drink ?

Reactions: hsilgne
Upvote 0

hsilgne

Frustrated in Hooterville.
Feb 25, 2005
Canada
✟39,329.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Charlie, you have to remember that my daughters are the most beautiful girls in the whole world.

I'm sorry to break this to you geo but.... my daughter is the most beautiful girl in the whole world.

Now don't get all bent out of shape on me. Second place is perty darn good.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

geocajun

Priest of the holy smackrament
Dec 25, 2002
✟35,477.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I'm sorry to break this to you geo but.... my daughter is the most beautiful girl in the whole world.

Now don't get all bent out of shape on me. Second place is perty darn good.
There is only one way to settle this. Time for a walk-off. Bring it!

Reactions: hsilgne
Upvote 0

colleen

We are an Easter people!
Mar 8, 2002
✟21,098.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
This kind of thing makes me sad not because I'm overly worried about first graders and sex, but because I feel this innocent playful period of their lives is being robbed from them. Boys should think girls have cooties at this stage. If a girl likes a boy they are giggly about it. Someone's cute not hot. It shouldn't be sexual (even if it's only language) at this stage.

Reactions: Mom2Alex
Upvote 0

Veritas

1 Lord, 1 Faith, 1 Baptism
Aug 7, 2003
Pacific NW USA
Visit site
✟109,662.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
I'm scared, very scared.

Oh, I get it. This thread is about braggin' on your daughters, not the inappropriatness of some childish comments. Silly me.:doh:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.