Western Kentucky
✟17,029.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Every one on this board obviously concurs that Tagg Romney--father of six--three outsourced from rented wombs--

"three outsourced from rented wombs"? That phrase is very poetic and made me laugh out loud. I am sure I am very glad my mouth was not filled with my soft drink. You do have a way with words.

with who knows how many abandoned embryos languishing in freezers here or abroad--is not the poster child for ethical behavior.

He is not his father.

His immature threats against the President are small concerns compared to his financial interest in Cincinnati's electronic voting equipment.

Are you thinking that "as Cincinnati goes, so goes Ohio"? It will look suspicious is Cincy votes 100%, or close Romney and the rest goes over 70% for Obama.

Not only did Tagg invest $10 billion in H.I.G. Capital....he started his own company, Solamere, with a $10 million dollar gift from his Dad.

Former election official: Tagg Romney’s stake in voting machine firm ‘doesn’t look good’ — MSNBC

I guess that's why Mitt thinks it doesn't matter if Pell Grants or college loans are available since kids can borrow their college money from their parents (ahem....)

After all, if Mitt can give his son $10 million, shouldn't the rest of us be able to cough up a few hundred thousand?

After all, if Obama can discriminate against religion, shouldn't the rest of us be able to discriminate against homosexuals?

The answer to both of our questions is a loud resounding "NO!"

Janice

Upvote 0

Antigone

The Wrath of Whatever
Apr 20, 2006
De Boendoks
✟33,025.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
I also predict that in the event of an Obama win, our own Warrior Angel will quick to leap on board with a half dozen or so conspiracy theories about how the whole thing was rigged.

I predict it won't just be WA, it'll also be AMDG (even though she's not a birther Y'alls!). I'm also expecting a barrage of socks.

Upvote 0

Root of Jesse

Admiral of the Fleet/First Sea Lord
Supporter
Jun 23, 2011
Bay Area, California
Visit site
✟354,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Like the Shakespearean tragedies in which villains kill kings in order to assume control themselves, cyber criminal Tagg Romney is poised to commit voter fraud to make his father the first Mormon (as in C-U-L-T) President.
Are you ok that 15 members of Congress are Mormons? Also, if you were ok with Obama, whatever he is (either way, it's a cult), you should know that no President can force anyone into his religion...
Not that I'm too worried in that regard. Mitt Romney is far too self-interested and self-absorbed to try to turn the U.S. into a Mormon theocracy, but I certainly wouldn't want to live in one--would you?
You're a riot...^_^
The trend towards changing demographics don't favor Republicans---and the 'new' members of the striving 47%, Hispanics, don't seem to be anywhere near as easily duped by appeals to God and guns as southern fundamentalists are.

One thing the Republicans did have right this time--it's only by trying to steal voting rights from their rightful owners that they will ever maintain the upper hand.
Watch that finger pointing, the others point right back at you...funny how Democrats accuse Republicans of doing just what they've been doing all along.

Reactions: WarriorAngel
Upvote 0

Root of Jesse

Supporter
Jun 23, 2011
Bay Area, California
Visit site
✟354,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Ohio is the most crucial swing state there is....and voting machine tinkerers wouldn't have to change Cincinnati to Romney 75% Obama 25%.

No, they would be subtle. Cincinnati is a big city...if in previous elections it's gone Democratic 60% and Republican 40% well maybe they'd change it to Democratic 57% and Republican 43%....not so drastic that they could "definitely" be called on it.

Why is it, I wonder, that when a poor man holds up a gas station he goes to jail for years while when a wealthy man embezzles $100,000 from his company's books he might get probation?

We all know who the more dangerous criminal is--the one who does the most harm.

In the states where voter ID laws have been passed there have been NO reported cases of individual voter fraud. NONE. It's a Rush Limbaugh urban legend.

But there are bigots who realize that the very elderly and people in inner cities are unlikely to hold drivers licenses, because they can't drive. And they know the very elderly may be homebound or have difficulty traveling. And they know that getting birth certificates from public records may cost $25 and take weeks--beyond the economic reach of young inner city people.

They know the truth--Texas, in the biggest hypocrisy, counts gun licenses as ID....heaven forbid we treat rural whites who are likely to vote Republican with the same scrutiny we reserve for Great Grandma in assisted living.
You're worse than any birther...But I guess you're not worried about Democrats offering bribes for students to vote Democrat?

Upvote 0

Root of Jesse

Supporter
Jun 23, 2011
Bay Area, California
Visit site
✟354,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Not something I expected to hear from you. I mean that in a good way, I see a lot of people who think that one religion's rules should determine behavior for all. As long as said behavior harms none, as they say, then let's keep from applying our beliefs to others.
Well, I don't believe that abortion harms 'none'. In fact, it harms all parties involved. If Tagg Romney had children via IVF, I have a fundamental disagreement with him regarding those embryos which were discarded. I have to stomach watching Giulianna and Bill because my wife loves the show, but I do not agree with IVF.
I believe the right way to win a disagreement is to show people how their practice is wrong, to let them see why we think so, and then let them come to their decision.
Remember, God gave us free will...
What I believe, regarding religion, is that, if you say you're Catholic, or Baptist, or Muslim, or Buddhist, you should adhere to the tenents of your faith. You should also not be critical of what other religions believe. You may hold dialogue and debate, but without good reason, you shouldn't attack. I vehemently disagree with the Mormon faith. But I respect their right to practice their religion freely, within the established laws of our nation. Same with Indians. They have no right to use psychedelic drugs (at least not sanctioned by being allowed by law for them and them only), but they have every right to worship.

Upvote 0

TheOtherHockeyMom

Contributor
Jul 9, 2008
✟14,889.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Well, I don't believe that abortion harms 'none'. In fact, it harms all parties involved. If Tagg Romney had children via IVF, I have a fundamental disagreement with him regarding those embryos which were discarded. I have to stomach watching Giulianna and Bill because my wife loves the show, but I do not agree with IVF.
I believe the right way to win a disagreement is to show people how their practice is wrong, to let them see why we think so, and then let them come to their decision.
Remember, God gave us free will...
What I believe, regarding religion, is that, if you say you're Catholic, or Baptist, or Muslim, or Buddhist, you should adhere to the tenents of your faith. You should also not be critical of what other religions believe. You may hold dialogue and debate, but without good reason, you shouldn't attack. I vehemently disagree with the Mormon faith. But I respect their right to practice their religion freely, within the established laws of our nation. Same with Indians. They have no right to use psychedelic drugs (at least not sanctioned by being allowed by law for them and them only), but they have every right to worship.

I'm in agreement. I'm pro life first and foremost because it takes an innocent life, not because of Church teachings. On other areas, if a practice causes no harm to others, let people live by what their beliefs dictate. I might disagree on the use of drugs as part of a religious ritual. especially as the laws came in long after the ritual was established.

I wonder, though, during prohibition, what did US Catholics do with regard to taking wine with Communion?

Upvote 0

TheOtherHockeyMom

Contributor
Jul 9, 2008
✟14,889.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
There was a religious exception.

Cool, I wondered if there might have been. I would support such an exemption for Native American faiths and Rastafarian faiths as well. (of course, my preferred option wouldn't require such exceptions for any)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MikeK

Traditionalist Catholic
Feb 4, 2004
Wisconsin
✟90,821.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Cool, I wondered if there might have been. I would support such an exemption for Native American faiths and Rastafarian faiths as well. (of course, my preferred option wouldn't require such exceptions for any)

This forum would be so much better if everyone were stoned.

Upvote 0

Root of Jesse

Supporter
Jun 23, 2011
Bay Area, California
Visit site
✟354,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
There was a religious exception.
Volsted Act or somesuch.

And, OHM, I don't believe that we prohibit people from practicing their faith. But they can be jailed if, in their practice, they break US laws. Which is why the KKK had to be stopped, along with Mormon multiple-spouse marriages, and Navajo (I believe) peyote use.

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟428,486.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I think that there is a huge difference between a politician who, while encouraging family planning and responsible parenting to prevent as many abortions as possible (studies show 68-72% less), does not seek criminalization of abortion....

and a cynical scion of a billionaire family creating dozens of human embryos, implanting some in rented wombs, and forcing the surrogates to sign clauses allowing for the scion and his wife to demand abortions is necessary for selective reduction or disability.

In one case you have a remote and reluctant connection. In the other you have wholehearted participation and premeditation.

Tagg Romney had three biological children before beginning his rent-a-womb adventures. Think of all the children he could have adopted....he already had his own biological children....why go the invitro route?
Whoa!
Hold up!

Studies show less abortions?
How can that be when Obama has not allowed them to be released?

I searched every site i could find - not a single statistic on abortion from here to kingdom come. Nothing after 2008 has been reported.

So how - pray tell - do you or any site have that info suddenly?

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,077,148.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Free Birth Control Lowers Teen Pregnancy, Abortion Rates, Study Claims

Yes, I know that people will try to disprove this study--using the Amish as a control group.

Give it up, the man is trying to eliminate abortions in a way consistent with his own church's rules.

And studies show it works....and that perhaps there is more 'collateral damage' from the pro-life position.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

WarriorAngel

Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
✟428,486.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
How does one win a state by popular vote - but the electorate votes differently?
I recall the FL vote recount.

It would definitely be suspect. Only because i dont believe the electorate works well.

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
✟428,486.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
You are using an Amish group?
As a test group?

Doesnt it bother you at all, Fantine, that Obama is hiding these facts?

I am gonna suggest that abortion is way way up - for him to hide it.

As for the Amish - they are a small group - and abortion is inconsistent with their faith. Or it used to be.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,077,148.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Teen pregnancy is down. Abortion is down. It's been trending down for years-although the decrease was much greater--23%--during the Clinton administration than during any Republican administration since Roe v. Wade was ruled on.

Does the abortion rate fall faster during Democratic administrations?

According to data collected by the CDC, the abortion rate fell markedly, by about 23%, during the Clinton administration. The abortion rate did not decrease by more than about 4% in any Republican administration after Roe v. Wade.

From Nixon’s last year through the Carter administration, the abortion rate rose steadily. I assume this was a case of supply rising to meet demand. I do not have data for the Obama administration.
The Myth of “The Social Issues”: The Politics of Abortion and the Politics of Gay Rights are Different — The Monkey Cage

It's mildly interesting to hear all the name calling that goes on when YOUR candidates are the ones who are exacerbating the abortion crisis....

If it weren't for the much larger number of little unmarked graves caused by YOUR votes, I would say it was mildly entertaining. But it's just sad, and it's not "my bad."

Upvote 0

Jeffwhosoever

Faithful Servant & Seminary Student
Christian Forums Staff
Chaplain
Angels Team
Supporter
Sep 21, 2009
Southern US
✟391,047.00
Country
United States