✟53,702.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Good morning!

First of all I would really like to thank all of the people with whom I placed wagers on the Republican campaign. I made a clean sweep, and most of the money went to a local battered women's shelter. Some went to my Church's English as a Second Language program, and a little went to the Susan G Komen foundation.

The debates are done, and the election is two weeks away. It is unlikely that there will be an event that will sway this one way or the other at this point. It will be a close election, and I predict that President Obama will be elected to a second term.

My 2012 votes will be anti-incubent in nature, even at the local level. Our Senate race has no incubent, but the campaign was nasty enough that I will not vote for either candidate.

My Presidential vote will be a write in for Nemahiah Scudder

I can't hold my nose long enough to vote for either Mr. Obama or Mr. Romney. My state is a lock for Mr. Romney, so my presidential vote is really moot.

MikeK

Traditionalist Catholic
Feb 4, 2004
Wisconsin
✟90,821.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I'm one of those coveted swing state voters. I'm 90% sure I'm going with Gary, though with some reservations.

My prediction is that Romney will win the popular vote and that Obama will win the electoral vote and hence, the electon.

I also predict that in the event of an Obama win, our own Warrior Angel will quick to leap on board with a half dozen or so conspiracy theories about how the whole thing was rigged.

Upvote 0

sylverpiano

unworthy
Oct 14, 2010
✟53,702.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I'm one of those coveted swing state voters. I'm 90% sure I'm going with Gary, though with some reservations.

My prediction is that Romney will win the popular vote and that Obama will win the electoral vote and hence, the electon.

I also predict that in the event of an Obama win, our own Warrior Angel will quick to leap on board with a half dozen or so conspiracy theories about how the whole thing was rigged.

Is there an over/under line on that?

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,090,402.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I am more concerned about this election than any election in recent memory.

If Romney wins--whether the Romney du jour is "moderate Mitt," "severely conservative Mitt," "pro-life Mitt," "in vitro contract abortion demanding Mitt," "dishonest dressage horse seller Mitt," "tea party Mitt," "war hawk Mitt," or whatever of the 1800 or so masks he's been wearing for the past 6 years--we will have a House of Representatives run by tea party wackos, and a potential president whose dominating ethic is "he who dies with the most toys wins."

And, since he would sign every bill they ran by his desk, he would be as wacky as they were, whack for whack. He would be "dangerously delusional" Mitt, with an even more dangerously delusional vice-president.

And yes, I know that as demographics change in 2016, and our country becomes more and more diverse, there would be a huge clamor to "throw the bums out....."

This is their last hurrah....and the Republican Party will have to move in the direction of sanity to win again.

But they can delay things a little...if Romney wins, there will be a huge move towards continued disenfranchising voters.....those pesky seniors who want the benefits they've contributed towards for fifty years, those pesky immigrants who see through the flim-flam man more clearly than rural Americans do.

I hope Ohio stays in the Obama column, but since Tagg Romney has purchased the company that owns Cincinnati's electronic voting machines, I am concerned. The time to raise a huge hue and cry about this is now, not later.

Reactions: JCFantasy23
Upvote 0

rainbojo

and yet
Aug 19, 2008
✟15,949.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

You have taken the words right out of my mouth. I am too.

If Romney wins--whether the Romney du jour is "moderate Mitt," "severely conservative Mitt," "pro-life Mitt," "in vitro contract abortion demanding Mitt," "dishonest dressage horse seller Mitt," "tea party Mitt," "war hawk Mitt," or whatever of the 1800 or so masks he's been wearing for the past 6 years--we will have a House of Representatives run by tea party wackos, and a potential president whose dominating ethic is "he who dies with the most toys wins."

I'm baffled by the name calling you spue. I bet odds you truly don't know the heart of Mitt Romney. You have yourself so worked up with labels you can't see straight.

And, since he would sign every bill they ran by his desk, he would be as wacky as they were, whack for whack. He would be "dangerously delusional" Mitt, with an even more dangerously delusional vice-president.

If your word 'wacky' entails getting rid of Obamacare GO ROMNEY WACK AWAY. As far as using the words "dangerously delusional" regarding Paul Ryan, my goodness Fantine, what words would you use for Biden?

This is their last hurrah....and the Republican Party will have to move in the direction of sanity to win again.

Sanity? You are not nice.

But they can delay things a little...if Romney wins, there will be a huge move towards continued disenfranchising voters.....those pesky seniors who want the benefits they've contributed towards for fifty years, those pesky immigrants who see through the flim-flam man more clearly than rural Americans do.

Seniors are a wonderful group of individuals to be cherished and 'protected' and Mitt Romney will do just that and guess what Fantine, the seniors know it. My 84 year old father is a Democrat through and through and in a few shorts weeks, he is voting for Mitt Romney.

I hope Ohio stays in the Obama column, but since Tagg Romney has purchased the company that owns Cincinnati's electronic voting machines, I am concerned. The time to raise a huge hue and cry about this is now, not later.

I'm praying Ohio goes for Mitt. I'm praying there is a huge sweep country wide for Romney. Amen.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,090,402.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
You have taken the words right out of my mouth. I am too.

I'm praying Ohio goes for Mitt. I'm praying there is a huge sweep country wide for Romney. Amen.

Would you pray that Ohio went for Mitt even if his son Tagg (the one who outsources his wife's pregnancies to surrogates) manipulated the results on the electronic voting machines his company owns?

His son Tagg, who threatened the president with bodily harm ("I'd like to punch him," Tagg said) and should be being questioned by the Secret Service instead of creating conflicts of interest in Ohio?

I would never want a candidate I supported to win in any way other than honestly.

Romney buried his primary opponents (including Santorum, whom you probably preferred) under piles of PAC cash.

The potential voter fraud in the purchase of these election machines makes Watergate look like a schoolboy prank.

Upvote 0

Rhamiel

Member of the Round Table
Nov 11, 2006
ohio
✟241,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Would you pray that Ohio went for Mitt even if his son Tagg (the one who outsources his wife's pregnancies to surrogates) manipulated the results on the electronic voting machines his company owns?

His son Tagg, who threatened the president with bodily harm ("I'd like to punch him," Tagg said) and should be being questioned by the Secret Service instead of creating conflicts of interest in Ohio?

I would never want a candidate I supported to win in any way other than honestly.

Romney buried his primary opponents (including Santorum, whom you probably preferred) under piles of PAC cash.

The potential voter fraud in the purchase of these election machines makes Watergate look like a schoolboy prank.

I prefered Santorum
and really, questioned by the Secret Service? that seems a little over the top, what would the questions be?
"so do you wanna punch Obama?"
"yes I think I would like that a lot!"
"um... ok, well don't do it or well, you know, you will go to jail"
"ok, I will not punch him" or "ok, I will punch him and then go to jail"

see, not even a 5 minuet conversation, the Secret Service could just call him over the phone and take care of that little interview

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,090,402.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Every one on this board obviously concurs that Tagg Romney--father of six--three outsourced from rented wombs--with who knows how many abandoned embryos languishing in freezers here or abroad--is not the poster child for ethical behavior.

His immature threats against the President are small concerns compared to his financial interest in Cincinnati's electronic voting equipment.

H.I.G. Capital, a large investment fund, is a “significant investor” in Hart Intercivic, according to an announcement put out last year by Hart. And H.I.G., in turn, is one of the largest partners, with nearly $10 billion of equity capital, of Solamere Capital, the investment fund founded and run by Tagg Romney (pictured), Mitt’s eldest son, The Nation recently reported*.
Mitt Romney seeded the firm with a $10 million investment, offered strategic advice, and was the featured speaker at its first investor conference in 2010, The Nation reported.

Not only did Tagg invest $10 billion in H.I.G. Capital....he started his own company, Solamere, with a $10 million dollar gift from his Dad.

Former election official: Tagg Romney’s stake in voting machine firm ‘doesn’t look good’ — MSNBC

I guess that's why Mitt thinks it doesn't matter if Pell Grants or college loans are available since kids can borrow their college money from their parents (ahem....)

After all, if Mitt can give his son $10 million, shouldn't the rest of us be able to cough up a few hundred thousand?

Upvote 0

Rhamiel

Nov 11, 2006
ohio
✟241,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Every one on this board obviously concurs that Tagg Romney--father of six--three outsourced from rented wombs--with who knows how many abandoned embryos languishing in freezers here or abroad--is not the poster child for ethical behavior.

His immature threats against the President are small concerns compared to his financial interest in Cincinnati's electronic voting equipment.

Not only did Tagg invest $10 billion in H.I.G. Capital....he started his own company, Solamere, with a $10 million dollar gift from his Dad.

Former election official: Tagg Romney’s stake in voting machine firm ‘doesn’t look good’ — MSNBC

I guess that's why Mitt thinks it doesn't matter if Pell Grants or college loans are available since kids can borrow their college money from their parents (ahem....)

After all, if Mitt can give his son $10 million, shouldn't the rest of us be able to cough up a few hundred thousand?
sorry, I stoped reading after "embryos languishing in freezers"
I can not take your concern seriously after I have seen you support and defend Obama who very pro-abortion

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,090,402.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
sorry, I stoped reading after "embryos languishing in freezers"
I can not take your concern seriously after I have seen you support and defend Obama who very pro-abortion

I think that there is a huge difference between a politician who, while encouraging family planning and responsible parenting to prevent as many abortions as possible (studies show 68-72% less), does not seek criminalization of abortion....

and a cynical scion of a billionaire family creating dozens of human embryos, implanting some in rented wombs, and forcing the surrogates to sign clauses allowing for the scion and his wife to demand abortions is necessary for selective reduction or disability.

In one case you have a remote and reluctant connection. In the other you have wholehearted participation and premeditation.

Tagg Romney had three biological children before beginning his rent-a-womb adventures. Think of all the children he could have adopted....he already had his own biological children....why go the invitro route?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Rhamiel

Nov 11, 2006
ohio
✟241,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I think that there is a huge difference between a politician who, while encouraging family planning and responsible parenting to prevent as many abortions as possible (studies show 68-72% less), does not seek criminalization of abortion....

and a cynical scion of a billionaire family creating dozens of human embryos, implanting some in rented wombs, and forcing the surrogates to sign clauses allowing for the scion and his wife to demand abortions is necessary for selective reduction or disability.

In one case you have a remote and reluctant connection. In the other you have wholehearted participation and premeditation.

Tagg Romney had three biological children before beginning his rent-a-womb adventures. Think of all the children he could have adopted....he already had his own biological children....why go the invitro route?

yes there is a differance between those two actions
well both are not good
one only effects a small number of people
the other effects an entire nation
and not seeking to criminalize abortion makes a mockery of our justice system. saying it is ok to abuse and kill other humans, it is atleast the moral equivilant of slavery, not seeking it to be criminalized shows a lack of morals on an abomniable leval
and Tag "forced" a woman to sign such a horrible contract? what did he have a gun to her head?

Upvote 0

rainbojo

and yet
Aug 19, 2008
✟15,949.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

If something dishonest is going on, there are plenty of people in the media who will be on it. Don't you worry.

Question, do you have sons Fantine? That was brought up on The View.

Me neither Fantine. Does the name ACORN mean anything to you.

I liked both Romney and Santorum but Romney is my fav.

Upvote 0

Root of Jesse

Admiral of the Fleet/First Sea Lord
Site Supporter
Jun 23, 2011
Bay Area, California
Visit site
✟354,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

And yes, I know that as demographics change in 2016, and our country becomes more and more diverse, there would be a huge clamor to "throw the bums out....."

Actually, it looks to me like the last hurrah for the Dems. And it doesn't surprise me to see conspiracy theories already abounding.
Obama has proven that his vision of hope and change is wrong. He told us that spending tons on shovel ready projects would boost the economy, but there weren't any shovel ready projects, and the unemployment rate has stayed high. He gambled government money on green energy, and most of the money was wasted. There's about 30% more people on food stamps, the debt has risen 5 trillion on his watch (when he called Bush's spending rate unpatriotic), and it really looks like his foreign policy policy works, now, doesn't it?
I really wish Obama's ideas had worked. Had he spent two years on building jobs, maybe, just maybe, he could have had bipartisan support for a health care bill.

So, the most important issue in this campaign, according to Obama, is to ensure that women can abort their children if their birth control doesn't work. That's fine, but they were never in danger of losing that, even when President Romney sits in the Oval Office. A President cannot change the laws acted upon by the Supreme Court. The only way to do that is with a Constitutional Amendment. And even if that were to happen, they could still get birth control. And a president cannot stop it.

No, it's just like before. The President doesn't really have much to do with the economy, that swings back and forth like the global temperature. But the confidence of the people and business in general does depend on how it appears the President is doing. Playing golf and logging miles on AF1 isn't taking the country in any direction.

Welcome to the White House, Mr. Romney and Mr. Ryan.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,090,402.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Like the Shakespearean tragedies in which villains kill kings in order to assume control themselves, cyber criminal Tagg Romney is poised to commit voter fraud to make his father the first Mormon (as in C-U-L-T) President.

Not that I'm too worried in that regard. Mitt Romney is far too self-interested and self-absorbed to try to turn the U.S. into a Mormon theocracy, but I certainly wouldn't want to live in one--would you?

The trend towards changing demographics don't favor Republicans---and the 'new' members of the striving 47%, Hispanics, don't seem to be anywhere near as easily duped by appeals to God and guns as southern fundamentalists are.

One thing the Republicans did have right this time--it's only by trying to steal voting rights from their rightful owners that they will ever maintain the upper hand.

Upvote 0

Rhamiel

Nov 11, 2006
ohio
✟241,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Like the Shakespearean tragedies in which villains kill kings in order to assume control themselves, cyber criminal Tagg Romney is poised to commit voter fraud to make his father the first Mormon (as in C-U-L-T) President.

Not that I'm too worried in that regard. Mitt Romney is far too self-interested and self-absorbed to try to turn the U.S. into a Mormon theocracy, but I certainly wouldn't want to live in one--would you?

The trend towards changing demographics don't favor Republicans---and the 'new' members of the striving 47%, Hispanics, don't seem to be anywhere near as easily duped by appeals to God and guns as southern fundamentalists are.

One thing the Republicans did have right this time--it's only by trying to steal voting rights from their rightful owners that they will ever maintain the upper hand.
calling him a cyber criminal is liable
he invested in a company
you have no proof that he is trying to tamper with votes

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Root of Jesse

Admiral of the Fleet/First Sea Lord
Site Supporter
Jun 23, 2011
Bay Area, California
Visit site
✟354,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Would you pray that Ohio went for Mitt even if his son Tagg (the one who outsources his wife's pregnancies to surrogates)
if it's not against his faith, who are you to say he shouldn't?
manipulated the results on the electronic voting machines his company owns?
You must also believe that, just because you know someone at the bank, you can get special deals, right?
No different than the crud they pulled on Palin. Honestly, if all you can do is drag the other party through the mud, you really have no place in public service. Romney calls Obama on facts, and Obama attacks Romney personally. The numbers prove that Romney, if not perfect on the figures, is right on principal.
As if anyone else wants it otherwise. But let's remember, it took the Supreme Court to figure out that Democrats were throwing the vote in Florida a few years ago.
I don't like politics much at all, it's a smelly business.

Really? Fraud? Let's see, we tried to eliminate fraud by requiring a picture ID when you show up to vote. No, that's discrimination, even though you have to show a picture ID to cash a check or if you get stopped in traffic. We try to eliminate having the New Black Panthers outside of polling places. I'd like to know one thing-the company you're talking about owns the voting machines in one county in Ohio. Cinncinnati. So, let's watch how Cinncinnati votes...I bet they go Obama...
Look, Obama's going to win where Dems always win-California, the West Coast, the East Coast, etc. Romney's gonna win where Repubs always win. The rest will be fought over ideas. And if you think there's not fraud on both sides, none of which is sponsored by either candidate, you'd be delusional, if you thought that.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,090,402.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Ohio is the most crucial swing state there is....and voting machine tinkerers wouldn't have to change Cincinnati to Romney 75% Obama 25%.

No, they would be subtle. Cincinnati is a big city...if in previous elections it's gone Democratic 60% and Republican 40% well maybe they'd change it to Democratic 57% and Republican 43%....not so drastic that they could "definitely" be called on it.

Why is it, I wonder, that when a poor man holds up a gas station he goes to jail for years while when a wealthy man embezzles $100,000 from his company's books he might get probation?

We all know who the more dangerous criminal is--the one who does the most harm.

In the states where voter ID laws have been passed there have been NO reported cases of individual voter fraud. NONE. It's a Rush Limbaugh urban legend.

But there are bigots who realize that the very elderly and people in inner cities are unlikely to hold drivers licenses, because they can't drive. And they know the very elderly may be homebound or have difficulty traveling. And they know that getting birth certificates from public records may cost $25 and take weeks--beyond the economic reach of young inner city people.

They know the truth--Texas, in the biggest hypocrisy, counts gun licenses as ID....heaven forbid we treat rural whites who are likely to vote Republican with the same scrutiny we reserve for Great Grandma in assisted living.

Upvote 0

TheOtherHockeyMom

Contributor
Jul 9, 2008
✟14,889.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
if it's not against his faith, who are you to say he shouldn't?

Not something I expected to hear from you. I mean that in a good way, I see a lot of people who think that one religion's rules should determine behavior for all. As long as said behavior harms none, as they say, then let's keep from applying our beliefs to others.

Upvote 0

rainbojo

and yet
Aug 19, 2008
✟15,949.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0