Feb 8, 2008
Missouri
Visit site
✟23,090.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Let's have a little fun. Name your favorite heresy. By favorite I mean the doctrine or belief that drives you crazy. The one you can't believe anybody else could buy into. It's not meant to be argumentative, simply a way to see how we all feel differently about different things. Of course, using the word heresy is only to describe how strongly we feel about it, not that it actually is a heresy. So relax, sit back and learn to laugh at yourself a bit.

I'll go first: fundamentalism.

Go Cards!

simonthezealot

have you not read,what God has spoken unto you?
Apr 17, 2006
Minnesota
✟19,953.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
ME FIRST!!!

Relativism.

"See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, according to the tradition of men, according to the elementary principles of the world, rather than according to Christ," (Col. 2:8).

For[SIZE=+0] the time[/SIZE][SIZE=+0] will come[/SIZE][SIZE=+0] when[/SIZE][SIZE=+0] they will[/SIZE][SIZE=+0] not[/SIZE][SIZE=+0] endure[/SIZE][SIZE=+0] sound[/SIZE][SIZE=+0] doctrine[/SIZE][SIZE=+0]; but[/SIZE][SIZE=+0] after[/SIZE][SIZE=+0] their own[/SIZE][SIZE=+0] lusts[/SIZE][SIZE=+0] shall they heap[/SIZE][SIZE=+0] to themselves[/SIZE][SIZE=+0] teachers[/SIZE][SIZE=+0], having itching[/SIZE][SIZE=+0] ears[/SIZE][SIZE=+0]; [/SIZE]

Reactions: Gwendolyn
Upvote 0

PujolsNonRoidHomerHitter

He's not a man! He's a machine!
Feb 8, 2008
Missouri
Visit site
✟23,090.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
That's ok bro. I get you. You get me. It's ok that we don't see eye to eye on such matters - they're peripheral. I just hope I don't disturb your members only party in heaven when I come to pay you a visit! ;)

Go Cards!

Upvote 0

onwingsaseagles

Jan 31, 2008
✟2,416.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yeah that one seems to bother alot of people, I personally don't see where it matters one way or the other.
What drives me crazy about it is how anyone could read through scripture and come to that conclusion?

Reactions: seashale76
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

simonthezealot

Apr 17, 2006
Minnesota
✟19,953.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I just hope I don't disturb your members only party in heaven when I come to pay you a visit! ;)

Go Cards!
But pujols it is a members only party...You surely aren't a universal salvationist are you?
We'll all be wearing these...

Attachments

• members-only-jacket-111507-1[1].jpg
    members-only-jacket-111507-1[1].jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 70
Upvote 0

PujolsNonRoidHomerHitter

Feb 8, 2008
Missouri
Visit site
✟23,090.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
But pujols it is a members only party...You surely aren't a universal salvationist are you?
We'll all be wearing these...

It's a joke bro. I've got my name on the reservation list. Been invited and accepted. Just waiting for my trip. You know me better than that. I'm not a universalist. I was referring to the . . . never mind! ^_^

Spiritual elitism.

Go Cards!

Upvote 0

simonthezealot

Apr 17, 2006
Minnesota
✟19,953.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It's a joke bro. I've got my name on the reservation list. Been invited and accepted. Just waiting for my trip. You know me better than that. I'm not a universalist. I was referring to the . . . never mind! ^_^

Spiritual elitism.

Go Cards!
I knew that, one joke deserved another...Right?
I've seen that you already had your fitting for the jacket.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟820,856.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Let's have a little fun. Name your favorite heresy. By favorite I mean the doctrine or belief that drives you crazy. The one you can't believe anybody else could buy into. It's not meant to be argumentative, simply a way to see how we all feel differently about different things. Of course, using the word heresy is only to describe how strongly we feel about it, not that it actually is a heresy. So relax, sit back and learn to laugh at yourself a bit.

Go Cards!

That the Beatles were more popular than Jesus.:o

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian

Go Cards!
Hmmm. That is a toughy. How bout the Hymenaeus and Philetus heresy.........:)

2 Timothy 2:17 And the word of them like cancer pasture shall be having.of whom is Hymenaeus/umenaioV <5211> and Philetus/filhtoV <5372>,
18 Who-any about the truth deviate saying the Resurrection/ ana-stasin <386> already to have become and are overthrowing the of any Faith.

Reve 20:5 The rest of the dead-ones not live until should be being finished the thousand years. This the Resurrection/anastasiV <386>, the First/prwth <4413>.

Reactions: joyshirley
Upvote 0

PujolsNonRoidHomerHitter

Feb 8, 2008
Missouri
Visit site
✟23,090.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Won't you plant an uncommon seed in my ministry?

Only if I get a prayer cloth, holy water from the Jordan, a praying hands figurine, a poster of the shroud of turin, a signed copy of your latest book, a mustard seed, two copper coins, a mite . . . and a partridge in a pear tree.

Go Cards!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.