Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,064,547.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Dr Joseph Brown was born and raised in Philadelphia. During World War II, he served in the Army with the military police in Europe, attaining the rank of sergeant.

After the war, he returned to Philadelphia and worked for the post office for a decade while studying theology at Manna Bible Institute. He was ordained a Baptist minister in 1957 in Philadelphia and from 1958 to 1968 was pastor of Grace Memorial Baptist Church at Eden and Chase streets in Baltimore. In 1968, Mr. Brown founded Manna Bible Baptist Church in the 3400 block of W. Belvedere Ave.

"He was brought to the church by the conflict he saw during World War II, and he continued preaching until two weeks before his death," said a son, Joseph M. Brown Jr. of Catonsville. "My father's whole life was serving Christ."

Mr. Brown also conducted the Grace Memorial Hour, a daily gospel radio program that he founded more than 40 years ago. I used to support his ministry and have posted a video below in which I purchased on cassette.

"He had such a passion for evangelism and the love of God and the human family," said the Rev. Keith G. Greer, a former associate at Manna Bible and now pastor of Clearview Baptist Church in Randallstown. "His sermons preached on Sunday for 300 to 400 people were recorded and through the week they were broadcast around the world, where they reached tens of thousands."