• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Trigger Warning my fault unclean

Lily76_

Pray for the Persecuted
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2007
scotland
✟471,161.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
i cant cope with what am in denial with ...i feel i need to go to confession confess my sins for letting him ...my fault ...he was a priest dead now ... i need help i cant get over this i know it was so long ago but it still hurts me so much my husband has tried to be supportive but he thinks me going to the catholic church is making me unwell i WANT TO HIDE FROM THIS
my fault ...am unclean ....:destroyed:

• Friendly
Reactions: jameseb

MJ Bond

Apr 19, 2012
✟18,284.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm not entirely sure what's going on in this situation, but here's my insight. Take some time to think it over. Do you really feel that God waits on you to confess your sins to another human being? Do you think He won't offer mercy and forgiveness to you until you tell someone else what has happened? Give it some time and reflect on it. Your repentance in your heart and desire to change behavior is all you need.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Solomons Porch

Solomon's Porch
Jan 8, 2017
East
✟206,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
i cant cope with what am in denial with ...i feel i need to go to confession confess my sins for letting him ...my fault ...he was a priest dead now ... i need help i cant get over this i know it was so long ago but it still hurts me so much my husband has tried to be supportive but he thinks me going to the catholic church is making me unwell i WANT TO HIDE FROM THIS
Im here. Lets talk, ok? It is ok for you to talk on CF with us.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,234,513.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Do you know that confessed sin is GONE? God blows it away. Forgets it. Whatever it is you are alluding to, one good confession in the past and you are released from the guilt of it. Make your reparations gently and then start offering it up for others.

Upvote 0

Jaxxi

Half-ready for Anything.....
Jul 29, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
✟50,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
You are being so hard on yourself. I think something happened to you that wasn't your fault and you blame yourself for it and maybe it has manifested into this scary thing that's lying to you. It needs to be silenced. No one should feel the way you feel from day to day. Please message me private on here. I want to share something with you, and give you some info if it's ok....

Upvote 0

Johnnz

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2004
New Zealand
✟74,521.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Persistent thoughts like those you are experiencing can have their roots in the inner depths of a person. They can override our conscious thought processes and beliefs, like some constantly repeating inner recording with no off switch.

Discussion and specific prayer with a suitably experienced person can help in such cases

John
NZ

Upvote 0