Washington
✟686,777.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
They need help with the kids. My sister has got to stay with my mother who is in the hospital with covid, who is doing better, but is still sick. They are letting her do that. But she can't bring the little kids with her. They all have covid. I don't have covid. I want to help them, but I don't want to get sick. What do I do?

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
They need help with the kids. My sister has got to stay with my mother who is in the hospital with covid, who is doing better, but is still sick. They are letting her do that. But she can't bring the little kids with her. They all have covid. I don't have covid. I want to help them, but I don't want to get sick. What do I do?

This could help them get better quicker.

TAKE THE RIND OF 2-3 LEMONS, 2-3 GRAPEFRUITS. TAKE THE PEEL ONLY AND COVER IT WITH WATER ABOUT 3 INCHES ABOVE THE PEELS. PUT A GLASS LID ON YOUR POT IF YOU HAVE ONE, A METAL ONE IS FINE IF YOU DON’T.

LET IT SIMMER FOR ABOUT 2 HOURS. DO NOT TAKE THE LID OFF OF THE POT TILL IT COOLS COMPLETELY AS THIS WILL ALLOW THE QUININE TO ESCAPE IN THE STEAM.

SWEETEN THE TEA WITH HONEY OR SUGAR SINCE IT WILL BE BITTER. TAKE 1 TABLESPOON EVERY COUPLE OF HOURS TO BRING UP THE PHLEGM FROM YOUR LUNGS. DISCONTINUE AS SOON AS YOU GET BETTER.

PLEASE SHARE THIS WITH THOSE THAT NEED TO REDUCE FEAR AND ALLOW THEM TO SEE THAT GOD IN ALL OF HIS GLORY, PROVIDES US WITH ALL THAT WE NEED.

Upvote 0

Introverted1293

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2017
Washington
✟686,777.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
This could help them get better quicker.

TAKE THE RIND OF 2-3 LEMONS, 2-3 GRAPEFRUITS. TAKE THE PEEL ONLY AND COVER IT WITH WATER ABOUT 3 INCHES ABOVE THE PEELS. PUT A GLASS LID ON YOUR POT IF YOU HAVE ONE, A METAL ONE IS FINE IF YOU DON’T.

LET IT SIMMER FOR ABOUT 2 HOURS. DO NOT TAKE THE LID OFF OF THE POT TILL IT COOLS COMPLETELY AS THIS WILL ALLOW THE QUININE TO ESCAPE IN THE STEAM.

SWEETEN THE TEA WITH HONEY OR SUGAR SINCE IT WILL BE BITTER. TAKE 1 TABLESPOON EVERY COUPLE OF HOURS TO BRING UP THE PHLEGM FROM YOUR LUNGS. DISCONTINUE AS SOON AS YOU GET BETTER.

PLEASE SHARE THIS WITH THOSE THAT NEED TO REDUCE FEAR AND ALLOW THEM TO SEE THAT GOD IN ALL OF HIS GLORY, PROVIDES US WITH ALL THAT WE NEED.

Interesting.

This was both informative and useful. Thank you

Reactions: Jeshu
Upvote 0

royal priest

debtor to grace
Nov 1, 2015
Northeast, USA
✟188,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Wear a mask when you're around them. Be mindful of what you touch and wash your hands frequently.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
One solution is to have the jab. I know not everyone agrees. It's also not going to give the best immunity until you've had the second jab. You should wear a N95 mask. They are horribly uncomfortable, but they do the job. Wash your hands frequently. Clean flat surfaces with alcohol wipes. Don't let the kids touch your face and eyes. You may want to get some professional advice for other options.

Upvote 0

PloverWing

Episcopalian
May 5, 2012
New Jersey
✟335,910.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
It's good to help, but also the children (and other family members) who have COVID need to be quarantined as much as possible. If you get COVID and pass it on to other people, that's not good.

How old are the children? If they're old enough to mostly stay out of trouble (say, at least 7 or 8 or so), then you could be in the house as an adult "on call", in case they need adult help, and you can cook for them, while mostly keeping your distance. If they're tiny ones, needing diaper changes and other close-up care, then somebody will have to step up and do that. That could be you, if you're very careful, but be aware that there's risk involved.

Standard precautions apply. Aussie Pete has a good list in his post above. You might want to chat with the children's physician (or your own) about specific precautions, and how to determine when the children are no longer contagious. Keep the windows open, if you can, for good air circulation. I assume you're fully vaccinated.

Another possibility is to be a support person, rather than a hands-on caretaker, assuming the children have another caretaker. Buy groceries for them, or cook meals for them, and leave the food on the front porch for no-contact delivery. Run other errands for them. Help them with their homework through Zoom.

Blessings to you and your family. I wish all of them a swift and full recovery.

• Winner
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,249.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Are you vaccinated?

Upvote 0

longwait

Mar 14, 2016
asia
✟85,978.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

There are preventives and cures for covid19 which they are keeping hidden from us because they want us all vaccinated. They are hydroxychloroquine and ivermectin.

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,676.00
Faith
Non-Denom

First I feel for your situation and really hope all recover well. I don't mean to sound insensitive but first question that comes to my mind reading your statement is for one, why isn't your sister staying with her own kids and you maybe staying at the hospital? In my way of thinking at least from how I view responsibility my kids would be my chief responsibility. I think it's great your sister wants to be a help and encouragement for your mother. And for you to want to help too. But shouldn't this set up be at least reversed. You be in the hospital and she be with her kids? I'm sorry but I just don't get it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Mayflower1

Hello my Name is "Child of the One True King"
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2005
Heaven of course!
✟117,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
First I feel for your situation and really hope all recover well. I don't mean to sound insensitive but first question that comes to my mind reading your statement is for one, why isn't your sister staying with her own kids and you maybe staying at the hospital? In my way of thinking at least from how I view responsibility my kids would be my chief responsibility. I think it's great your sister wants to be a help and encouragement for your mother. And for you to want to help too. But shouldn't this set up be at least reversed. You be in the hospital and she be with her kids? I'm sorry but I just don't get it.

Yeh that would be so difficult I can imagine. Praying for y'all and the situation Introverted. Maybe ask the hospital if they have suggestions. There might be community assistance with the covid epidemic going on.

Upvote 0

Introverted1293

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2017
Washington
✟686,777.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single

Fair question

No, I don't think that you are being insensitive at all.

The kids are not hers actually. They are my brother's kids. And they won't let me in the hospital because I am not sick. My sister has some immunity against the disease. As for taking care of the kids, well they also did not want me to do that. They needed help because the other adult kids were to sick to take of the kids. My sister is also the emergency contact.

Upvote 0

Introverted1293

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2017
Washington
✟686,777.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Yeh that would be so difficult I can imagine. Praying for y'all and the situation Introverted. Maybe ask the hospital if they have suggestions. There might be community assistance with the covid epidemic going on.

We figured it out. A neighbor that has been vaccinated and has had the virus is helping out. They did not want me to get sick.

• Friendly
Reactions: Mayflower1
Upvote 0

Introverted1293

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2017
Washington
✟686,777.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
There are preventives and cures for covid19 which they are keeping hidden from us because they want us all vaccinated. They are hydroxychloroquine and ivermectin.

Wow

That's informative. That's too bad they want to hide that from us.

Upvote 0

Mayflower1

Hello my Name is "Child of the One True King"
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2005
Heaven of course!
✟117,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
We figured it out. A neighbor that has been vaccinated and has had the virus is helping out. They did not want me to get sick.

Awesome. Praise God!!!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Introverted1293

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2017
Washington
✟686,777.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Wear your face mask, wash your hands frequently and eat healthy, while you help. God bless

Good suggestion

I don't have to worry about that any more though. Well, I probably should still wear a mask around people and eat healthy. But what I mean is that I don't have to worry about catching it from the kids. They did not want me to get sick. So they had a neighbor watch the kids who has developed an immunity for the disease.

Upvote 0

Introverted1293

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2017
Washington
✟686,777.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Are you vaccinated?

No, I am not.

But I kept a distant from people and wore three different mask that were n95 or kn95. I also wore face shields and all of that.

My mom convinced me not to get vaccinated. I think I may get vaccinated after this.

Upvote 0

Introverted1293

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2017
Washington
✟686,777.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
It's good to help, but also the children (and other family members) who have COVID need to be quarantined as much as possible. If you get COVID and pass it on to other people, that's not good.

No, it's not good. I agree with you.

How old are the children? If they're old enough to mostly stay out of trouble (say, at least 7 or 8 or so), then you could be in the house as an adult "on call", in case they need adult help, and you can cook for them, while mostly keeping your distance. If they're tiny ones, needing diaper changes and other close-up care, then somebody will have to step up and do that. That could be you, if you're very careful, but be aware that there's risk involved.

They are actually old enough to stay home alone. They are mentally disabled and they couldn't be left alone.

Standard precautions apply. Aussie Pete has a good list in his post above. You might want to chat with the children's physician (or your own) about specific precautions, and how to determine when the children are no longer contagious. Keep the windows open, if you can, for good air circulation. I assume you're fully vaccinated.

That would have been a good idea. But I don't have to worry about that. The neighbor who has some immunity decided to watch the kids.

Another possibility is to be a support person, rather than a hands-on caretaker, assuming the children have another caretaker. Buy groceries for them, or cook meals for them, and leave the food on the front porch for no-contact delivery. Run other errands for them. Help them with their homework through Zoom.

I like that idea!!! Thank you for the suggestion.

Blessings to you and your family. I wish all of them a swift and full recovery.

Blessings to you as well. Thank you

• Friendly
Reactions: PloverWing
Upvote 0

Introverted1293

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2017
Washington
✟686,777.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
One solution is to have the jab. I know not everyone agrees. It's also not going to give the best immunity until you've had the second jab. You should wear a N95 mask. They are horribly uncomfortable, but they do the job. Wash your hands frequently. Clean flat surfaces with alcohol wipes. Don't let the kids touch your face and eyes. You may want to get some professional advice for other options.

I agree with you on this one now. I was convinced not to get it. I love my mom of course. And I would never talk negative about her. But I do think she was mistaken about this.

Upvote 0

Introverted1293

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2017
Washington
✟686,777.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Wear a mask when you're around them. Be mindful of what you touch and wash your hands frequently.

Thank you very much. I know I should have thought about that. The neighbor who has had some immunity decided to watch the kids.

Upvote 0