• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.

Discussion My experiences with impartation, and how it affected my life.

Discussion in 'Spirit-Filled / Charismatic' started by Michael Collum, Mar 14, 2019.

1. Michael Collum

Michael Collum Everything began with a voice, use yours Supporter

+3,744
    Canada
    Christian Seeker
    Married
    I was reminded most recently about impartations I've received in charismatic contexts over the years.

I think for the most part, I'm recovering from most of it.

But what evil may have been intended through it, God turned it around for good.

the thing is, whenever I put what came of it into words, it doesn't make sense to anyone but me.

even if I translate it to english, it's not much different than speaking in an unknown tongue.

just some thoughts. feel free to discuss how you feel about what has been imparted to you over the years.

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Oscarr

Oscarr Senior Veteran Supporter

+7,843
    New Zealand
    Pentecostal
    Married
    I am learning from Derek Prince's teaching that we need to be very careful about who lays hands on us, and who we lay our hands on. Because there is a lot of witchcraft in the church through manipulation, intimidation, controlling spirits causing misuse of the gifts and the ministry of the laying on of hands, we need to receive ministry from only those we know and trust to be sound and genuine ministries, who seek only to lead people closer to Christ.

We cannot know whether the person who is laying hands on you has a good heart toward God or an evil heart seeking to manipulate and control you through a counterfeit spiritual gift. My view is, if in doubt, don't!

3. Alithis

Alithis Disciple of Jesus .

+2,131
    New Zealand
    Christian
    Married
    @Oscarr . many years back i prayed the lord would not let anyone speak false words over me that were not truly of the Holy Spirit.

I kid you not that on many an alter call visiting speakers would pause when they came to me in the line ... Then say nothing and move on to the next person..

It spoke volumes of what was realky going on.
    I would not accuse in that case of devilry..
    But i would surmise they were operating in the flesh
    And that is where devils play

4. Oscarr

+7,843
    New Zealand
    Pentecostal
    Married
    I was in an independent church situation where the people were manipulated to join a larger Pentecostal denomination. The head of the larger denomination arrived at a Sunday service accompanied by his prophet, who went around everyone in the congregation giving them personal prophecies. I said to the Lord, "Don't let the guy come anywhere near me, otherwise I will resist Him in the Name of Jesus!" Happily, the guy passed me by!

The church did join the larger denomination, and in six months it lost most of its congregation and closed down in less than a year. That is the outcome of the work of a false prophet giving manipulative, "witchcraft" prophecies.

5. Michael Collum

Michael Collum Everything began with a voice, use yours Supporter

+3,744
    Canada
    Christian Seeker
    Married
    There are different kinds of witchcraft in the church, there's a the new age kind, the wiccan kind, and the satanist kind, and each draws near to different kinds of denominations.

It's a shame the practice is so widespread that I needed to become aware of it.

6. lismore

lismore Legend

+2,064
    Christian
    Single
    Agreed, it says in the bible:

Do not be hasty in the laying on of hands, and do not share in the sins of others. Keep yourself pure. (1 Tim 5:22) :)

7. lismore

lismore Legend

+2,064
    Christian
    Single
    In 2006 I was called out and given a false prophecy in the AOG church I had been attending since 1999. The prophesy started off 'Although this is your first time here in this place the Lord is going to plant you here....blah blah'.

The pastor spoke to me after the meeting, agreed that the guest speaker had given me a false prophecy. He still invited the guest speaker back the next year to belch bull over people, hoping to get a reciprocal invitation. What gives:doh:

8. lismore

lismore Legend

+2,064
    Christian
    Single
    Hi Michael. Re: the happening I described in #7. There is also a 'confidence trickery' type of behaviour amongst church leaders we need to be aware of. God Bless :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  9. Oscarr

+7,843
    New Zealand
    Pentecostal
    Married
    What was imparted to you was a spirit of divination. Obviously the pastor didn't recognise it.

10. lismore

lismore Legend

+2,064
    Christian
    Single
    Hello Oscarr. How do you know it was a spirit? I just thought at the time it was a pastor making something up to try and seem impressive. The more impressive he seemed the more invitations and royalties he would get. God Bless :)