Jun 12, 2005
Monterey, CA
✟10,262.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
US-Republican
Thank you for completely ruining the education system of Califorina. Fortunately I am in the Navy so my stay in California won't be more than a few years, so you won't have too long to influence my kids with your ideas that come from the pits of hell itself. Yes, that's right. By signing laws that force elementary school kids to learn about gay and transexual experimentation, you are undermining God's law, destroying children's innocence, and encouraging experimentation with things that kids of that age should not be thinking about. It is the job of the school system to teach english, math, science, history, music, art, stuff like that. Leave sensitive moral and religious issues to be taught by parents in the family, which is the fundamental social unit of our society. I don't pay taxes so that my money can be used to teach my kids about evil things. Thank you for taking my money and using it for things that I and my God don't approve of.
You call yourself a republican? I haven't seen you do anything conservative yet. You're a joke, and so far I have only seen you stand for evil, and I'm going to have to spend a considerable amount of my time undoing the damage you're going to do to my kids. I have 5 kids, so private school isn't really an option. You should have stuck to movies. You were mediocre at that, so I knew your move into politics was going to be disasterous.
D

HuntingMan

Jan 4, 2006
✟9,310.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I dont know much about what Arnold has done, but when I heard an interview a few months back with him I had a very hard time believing that hes a Republican.
I guess theres a lot we have to protect our kids from when they go to school.
My step daughters teacher way back when was going a bit overboard with some witchcraft related crap at Halloween one year. I got interested and found out she was a wiccan. She was really pushing some of the stuff on the kids in her class.
Ticks me off that christianity has been banned, but let some wiccan nutcase in and they can teach anything they want, apparently.

Upvote 0
J

JohnDeereFan

I dont know much about what Arnold has done, but when I heard an interview a few months back with him I had a very hard time believing that hes a Republican.

Oh, I don't know. For the past couple of years it looks like all the Republicans are trying to do is to out-Democrat the Democrats. Looks like Arnold fits in pretty well.

Upvote 0
J

JohnDeereFan

Thank you for completely ruining the education system of Califorina. Fortunately I am in the Navy so my stay in California won't be more than a few years, so you won't have too long to influence my kids with your ideas that come from the pits of hell itself. Yes, that's right. By signing laws that force elementary school kids to learn about gay and transexual experimentation, you are undermining God's law, destroying children's innocence, and encouraging experimentation with things that kids of that age should not be thinking about. It is the job of the school system to teach english, math, science, history, music, art, stuff like that. Leave sensitive moral and religious issues to be taught by parents in the family, which is the fundamental social unit of our society. I don't pay taxes so that my money can be used to teach my kids about evil things. Thank you for taking my money and using it for things that I and my God don't approve of.
You call yourself a republican? I haven't seen you do anything conservative yet. You're a joke, and so far I have only seen you stand for evil, and I'm going to have to spend a considerable amount of my time undoing the damage you're going to do to my kids. I have 5 kids, so private school isn't really an option. You should have stuck to movies. You were mediocre at that, so I knew your move into politics was going to be disasterous.
D

Just a little tip from a longtime political activist: don't ever send emails. They don't even get read.

It may take a minute, but sit down and write a old fashioned letter and send it by snail mail. Those, they read.

Upvote 0
C

catlover

D

My goodness you sent something like THAT to an elected official...???

tsk, tsk, try a letter with a little less...disrespect???

Upvote 0
J

JohnDeereFan

My goodness you sent something like THAT to an elected official...???

tsk, tsk, try a letter with a little less...disrespect???

...said the person who's political party is about the most disrepectful group of people around.

I wouldn't have said what he said, but it's way more respectful than anything I've heard from Democrats in the last eight years.

Upvote 0

one11

Veteran
Jan 3, 2009
✟9,395.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I was going to tell the OP too that it won't be read. Even letters get thrown away.

You're going to have to protest if you want your tax money to be able to go to the school of your choice.

Emails, letters will change nothing. It's just a vent, and will do nothing.

Protest might, but you say you are against protest. So, you are just going to have to deal with the public school system as it is. Peaceful protest is what is allowed to voice our opinion under the U.S. Constitution.

Upvote 0

one11

Veteran
Jan 3, 2009
✟9,395.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Also, to the OP, join the PTA, they have meetings sometimes at night.

Next don't address a politician, address your children's teachers and the school principle. Write letters to THEM and speak directly with them.

Then once you talk to the teachers, principles and other parents through the PTA, see if all parents want to sign a petition. If the petition isn't successful, you go for the protest.

Upvote 0

Tissue

Aug 3, 2004
Houghton, New York
Visit site
✟18,406.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
...said the person who's political party is about the most disrepectful group of people around.

I wouldn't have said what he said, but it's way more respectful than anything I've heard from Democrats in the last eight years.

"No, I don't know that atheists should be considered as citizens, nor should they be considered as patriots. This is one nation under God." - George Bush Sr., 1987

Instead of listing a number more quotes that don't measure up to that one (imagine, this man still became President after that), I'll just point to the ridiculous number of Republican senators and politicians who don't know the first thing about the social significance of marriage, and yet discriminate against homosexuals in America. There is very little more disrespectful than politicized Christianity, particularly as applied in America, and were it not for the extreme proliferation of it (to the point where the Republican party, almost entirely, is composed of such views), more people likely would recognize it for what it is, and be appalled.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

one11

Veteran
Jan 3, 2009
✟9,395.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
"No, I don't know that atheists should be considered as citizens, nor should they be considered as patriots. This is one nation under God." - George Bush Sr., 1987

Instead of listing a number more quotes that don't measure up to that one (imagine, this man still became President after that), I'll just point to the ridiculous number of Republican senators and politicians who don't know the first thing about the social significance of the Bible, and yet discriminate against homosexuals in America. There is very little more disrespectful than politicized Christianity, particularly as applied in America, and were it not for the extreme proliferation of it (to the point where the Republican party, almost entirely, is composed of such views), more people likely would recognize it for what it is, and be appalled.

Well both parties have "views" those of which they cannot even change. People need to learn HOW the political system works especially in regards to the Senate and The Supreme Court.

Also, the one nation under God was added in the 1950's, I think. I saw a movie recently on Turner Classic movies and the movie was made in the early 1940's or late 1930's. I can't quite remember, but I noticed in a scene of the classroom when the children were reciting the pledge of allegiance to the flag, that no "one nation under God" was spoken.

And atheists have rights. They live here and are our neighbors. People aren't going to get their heads chopped off in America because they became a Buddhist or an atheist or an agnostic, or were something else altogether when they immigrated. Nor is it a requirement to go to a church building to be an American.

But, I just wanted to say one other thing to the OP, I think it is your right to get together with some parents and make what are called "surprise visits" in the classrooms where your children are. I think you have a right to sit in class and observe your child's teacher on a surprise visit, but you need to talk with the principle of the school and with your local PTA to find out about your rights as a parent. Be a participant in your child's public school system and make your child's teacher your friend.

You know children are going to talk and most of the info they are getting is from the media and the internet rather than school alone.

The internet probably being the worst, so make sure you know how to be your child's admin on the computer and how to use parental control for the computer.

Also, once you make friends with your child's teachers/principles you can have your child sit out certain classes and go to another class if you choose that.

Public schools are constantly changing so some of my info may be outdated, so you need to check up on what options are currently provided to you as a parent.

Upvote 0

wannabeadesigirl

Dec 28, 2007
✟17,294.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Green

Anne Coulter, Bill O'Reilly, Rush Limbaugh, Westboro Baptist Church...all of them pro-life, Conservative, pro-heterosexuals, all of them in the public eye. They are also infamous for hateful name calling and actions, all from calling someone who disagrees with them unpatriotic, to wishing ill will on those they dislike (oh such Christ like behaivour...not), to protesting at the funerals of people who protect rights they abuse with their hate mongering. They are ungrateful, biased, stiffnecked, fearful, and envious people who will end up alone and unloved.
They bring a bad name to Republicans as well. They claim to represent "the other side" but I know for a fact that not all Republicans, or conservatives for that matter are black and white only bigots with a twisted sense of the truth.

Upvote 0

Dogbean

Matt 7:24-27 - Standing on the Rock
Jun 12, 2005
Monterey, CA
✟10,262.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
US-Republican
Anne Coulter, Bill O'Reilly, Rush Limbaugh, Westboro Baptist Church...all of them pro-life, Conservative, pro-heterosexuals, all of them in the public eye. They are also infamous for hateful name calling and actions, all from calling someone who disagrees with them unpatriotic, to wishing ill will on those they dislike (oh such Christ like behaivour...not), to protesting at the funerals of people who protect rights they abuse with their hate mongering. They are ungrateful, biased, stiffnecked, fearful, and envious people who will end up alone and unloved.
They bring a bad name to Republicans as well. They claim to represent "the other side" but I know for a fact that not all Republicans, or conservatives for that matter are black and white only bigots with a twisted sense of the truth.
Not all Republicans or conservatives are Bible-believing Christians, so we can't expect them all to emulate Christ's behavior.

Upvote 0

one11

Veteran
Jan 3, 2009
✟9,395.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Not all Republicans or conservatives are Bible-believing Christians, so we can't expect them all to emulate Christ's behavior.

It seems to me that you believe politicians can do everything for you as a parent.

You haven't even addressed my posts.

Oh well, I tried.

Upvote 0
J

JohnDeereFan

And there are just as many, if not more liberals who have spread nothing but hate and vitriol for the last eight years.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Tissue

Aug 3, 2004
Houghton, New York
Visit site
✟18,406.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Thank you for proving my point.

I must thoroughly misunderstand your point, then, as I thought it was that Democrats were disrespectful. As my post was not disrespectful (strictly speaking), and as I am not a Democrat, I fail to see the connection.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.