• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

My Diagnosis Has Been Reconfirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ave Maria

Ave Maria Gratia Plena
May 31, 2004
Diocese of Evansville, IN
✟108,571.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I recently had testing done to reconfirm my diagnosis of ADHD. Basically, I was diagnosed as a child and they wanted to confirm and see if I still had it. Well, I found out today that I do still have it. It doesn't surprise me in the bit either. I have always had problems with concentrating and occasional outbursts of hyperactivity. Hopefully I will be put on some medication for this soon so that I can hold down a job and do better in college. Please pray for me. Thanks! :)

Ave Maria

Ave Maria Gratia Plena
May 31, 2004
Diocese of Evansville, IN
✟108,571.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Well, I think that for now, I am just going to stay on my anti-depressants and probably not go on medication for ADHD. I'll tell my psychiatrist but I think I am just going to go without meds for now. Besides, I cope with the ADHD rather well anymore. :)

Upvote 0

whitestar

Veteran
Aug 25, 2003
Kansas
Visit site
✟17,242.00
Faith
Christian
Depression, anxiety, food allergies...STRESS...so many other things can influence the so called paper test they give now. All it is, is a paper to answer questions about and they give you meds based on that...not a good thing. But NOW they DO have medical testing that can be done to know for sure.

http://www.crossroadsinstitute.org/adhdpeer.html

This tells about the testing...which yes is a brain wave test but not your typical one...I think they are looking for something different then they usually do on a regular brain wave test. The good news is this test doesn't hurt. :)

I wish I could have one done too!

God bless

Upvote 0

jesusfreak3786

Senior Veteran
Sep 27, 2004
New York
✟17,712.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Howdy, Holly, we are in the same boat......sorta, I have add too, but if I were you I wouldn't worry about work, at first it's hard but onec you get used to it the job becomes so rutiene that there are few problems. Some times though I will go thru an increas of symtoms, and it can be difficult, but I have been working a job for over two yaers now that reqiures me to remember every little detial, I haven't gotten fired.(Thank God) Pray, God will help.

Upvote 0

yeshuaskid

Warrior in God's Army
Sep 26, 2004
Delaware
Visit site
✟1,027.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Holly3278 said:
One of my friends was just telling me that the only solid way to confirm a diagnosis of ADHD is to get a brain wave analysis done. Is that true? :confused:

No...

Doctors are able to look at your childhood history and make a good evaluation. Brain wave analysis is good, too. I was diagnosed before I went to the Neurologist. He only confirmed how my ADHD came about. There are so many ways to become ADD/HD. In my case, the myalin (plastic wrap over the brain) has holes in it. It keeps my receptors from firing normally. Medication gives them the boost they need to overcome that. Studies have found that some children have become ADD due to environmental issues. Whatever reason...I'm glad you have some closure in this and can now get on with living and get the assistance you need and deserve.

God Bless...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.