Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Members of other religions tend not to be offended by Christian symbols in the uk, but the "enlightened" ones do not let the opportunity pass to be offended on their behalf.
Are you Spider Man? ;)

Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟498,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Deuteronomy 11:20 And thou shalt write them upon the door posts of thine house, and upon thy gates:
Yes, and the Hebrews that was directed to do that did as well as the Jews today.

Upvote 0

Dave RP

Jun 9, 2015
London
✟63,350.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Hi there!

So I got to thinking.

If you're one of those who arc & spark that the Ten Commandments are on the courthouse lawn, why not lobby to have traffic routed around the courthouse, rather than have the Ten Commandments locked in the cellar or something?

And if you disagree and think this is a stupid proposition, then let me ask you this:

If you're so afraid the Ten Commandments will end up evangelizing someone and turning them into a God-fearing, born again, love thy neighbor Bible believing Christian, how is it that you weren't changed?

And furthermore, do you still drive past the courthouse, knowing those commandments are still there?

If so, why aren't you walking your talk and detouring around the affected area?

Would Clark Kent keep walking past the Kryptonite lab day after day?

I am under the impression that the ten commandments are not part of the US Constitution? If that is the case they have no business being displayed on any Government building. If the Court House wanted to display a load of statutes or other items lawfully enacted by your Government, fair enough but not one particular example of one particular religions sacred book, that's not on.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums