Illinois
✟81,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
My deepest pet peeve in a relationship is that I find the other person having second thoughts as unattractive. I can take a little bit, but I decided for that reason, if I do find someone, they will be so decisive, they may very well remind me of Sheldon Cooper/Amy Fowler.

Something tells me I'm going to be alone for the rest of my life. Lol.

RC1970

post tenebras lux
Jul 7, 2015
✟80,684.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
My deepest pet peeve in a relationship is that I find the other person having second thoughts as unattractive. I can take a little bit, but I decided for that reason, if I do find someone, they will be so decisive, they may very well remind me of Sheldon Cooper/Amy Fowler.

I am a very decisive person, so I know there are people out there like that. But, I do understand what you are saying.

Keep the faith...

Reactions: NurseAbigail
Upvote 0

Blessed Each Day

Site Supporter
Oct 14, 2017
Georgia
✟69,005.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I feel like the second-thoughts or deep hesitation before choices has a high correlation with lower self-esteem (no study to cite, it's just a gut feeling) so yeah, find that decisive one! :praying:

Upvote 0

NurseAbigail

Site Supporter
Sep 27, 2017
NC
✟48,325.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private

Best temperaments for that are cholerics and sanguines. Avoid melancholics and phlegmatics.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: RC1970
Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,059.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single

Undecisiveness can be a sign of immaturity but people gets matured over time so maybe, give it some time.

• Agree
Reactions: NurseAbigail
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

drjean

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2011
✟313,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Are you talking about "second thoughts" as in AFTER they make a decision? Yea, unless it's a God thing, I'd like to see more people run with a decision....at least if they're moving God can redirect them but He rarely pushes on a person TO move lol.

Upvote 0

Waddler

Live a story worth telling well.
Jul 19, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
✟27,484.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
A friend of mine dated a girl who was once given two options for a meal, and spent half an hour deliberating before she started begging my friend to choose for her. Then she ate a few bites and decided she would have preferred the other dish.

Completely unattractive.

ETA: Come to think of it, she had a very low self-esteem, and later showed herself to be very prideful. That pride was probably the root of her unattractiveness.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Applekrate

Site Supporter
Apr 2, 2017
Arizona
✟127,410.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
The process of dating is to get to know one another more deeply. to see if the 2 can grow together in the same direction, etc with the direction towards marriage and commitment ( as I see it ). That is the time, during dating, prior to making a commitment, to change ones mind. It is not about being indecisive, it is about knowing what you want and what the Lord wants for you. People can become unattractive for a number of reasons- life direction, gender roles, careers, habits ( good or bad or both ), where they want to live, children and on and on. It can be tough but, if someone becomes unattractive during dating, that is the time to separate either for a bit to reevalutate, or to move on. It is better to be alone and available than to be with the wrong person. Because, that right person may come along and if you are involved with the wrong one, opportunity is lost.
I have had Gfs that became unattractive. We were not able to work out our differences and separated. We are not enemies. I wish her well and do no think seh hates me because of it. Maturity goes a long way. All this posts, of course, applies to being single. If one has made a commitment to marriage, than one must stay loyal and faithful in that marriage but, not during dating.

Upvote 0