USA
✟29,178.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
My dad died of cancer at home. I don't know if it was last night that he died or this morning. But he was dead in the morning. We thought that he was getting better. But obviously we were wrong. My family is hurting right now, and so am I.

Please pray for us if you are willing.

I'm so sorry for your loss. My dad died of cancer also. Sending you my prayers

Upvote 0

Introverted1293

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2017
Washington
✟686,477.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Brother continuing to pray for you and your family. I am glad your mom is receiving support. How are you doing?

I am actually doing very well. Thank you very much for asking. My mom cries every once in awhile but she has a lot of joy. My dad had Alzheimer's disease, but he did not have to suffer very much for his Alzheimer's. When he died he still knew who we were and he hadn't forgotten her yet. She is thankful that he didn't have to suffer the way his mother did with Alzheimer's.

She also knows that she will see him on the other side. My dad was a follower of Jesus Christ and loved the Lord. We would watch some of his ministry videos and he would talk a lot about being a child of God, and that's where we should put our identity in, not in what we do for a living. He also wrote some worship songs that my mom will play around the house. It brings her Joy. He loved writing music, worship music.

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Reactions: redleghunter
Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am actually doing very well. Thank you very much for asking. My mom cries every once in awhile but she has a lot of joy. My dad had Alzheimer's disease, but he did not have to suffer very much for his Alzheimer's. When he died he still knew who we were and he hadn't forgotten her yet. She is thankful that he didn't have to suffer the way his mother did with Alzheimer's.

She also knows that she will see him on the other side. My dad was a follower of Jesus Christ and loved the Lord. We would watch some of his ministry videos and he would talk a lot about being a child of God, and that's where we should put our identity in, not in what we do for a living. He also wrote some worship songs that my mom will play around the house. It brings her Joy. He loved writing music, worship music.
That’s beautiful brother.

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
My dad died of cancer at home. I don't know if it was last night that he died or this morning. But he was dead in the morning. We thought that he was getting better. But obviously we were wrong. My family is hurting right now, and so am I.

Please pray for us if you are willing.

Praying for this family father God please be with them in these hard troubled times.

M-Bob

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟893,584.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I will most certainly pray for you. I have been in that same spot died at home early in the morning. If you need to talk my PM box is there.

Upvote 0