My crush believes in Souls but isnt sure about God.

DevinCamary

May 12, 2018
Private
✟15,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So there is this one cute girl I like and She does have a slight crush on me... anyways she did say that she believes every living thing has a soul, and i have tried to convince her before to try and see if Christianity is for her. but no luck.... i haven't talked about it as much, and i still worry that she won't see Christ as her savior... what should i do? I still worry about where her faith goes...

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,049.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
No Christian faith, no signs of her warming up to it . . . that would be an unequally yoked relationship if it were to happen.

We are not to initiate unequally yoked relationships. In addition to it being against the will of God, it's not fair to the unbeliever. What I mean by that is, there are many unequally yoked relationships out there, and from those come many stories of the Christians in those relationships finally being convicted about it after having built the relationship up, and they have to choose between following God and continuing the relationship. So they dump their unbelieving SO's, leaving them hurt and confused. While it is better to break up with an unbeliever than to marry one, it is much, much better to follow Jesus to begin with, and not begin the relationship with the unbeliever in the first place.

Upvote 0

DevinCamary

May 12, 2018
Private
✟15,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No Christian faith, no signs of her warming up to it . . . that would be an unequally yoked relationship if it were to happen.

We are not to initiate unequally yoked relationships. In addition to it being against the will of God, it's not fair to the unbeliever. What I mean by that is, there are many unequally yoked relationships out there, and from those come many stories of the Christians in those relationships finally being convicted about it after having built the relationship up, and they have to choose between following God and continuing the relationship. So they dump their unbelieving SO's, leaving them hurt and confused. While it is better to break up with an unbeliever than to marry one, it is much, much better to follow Jesus to begin with, and not begin the relationship with the unbeliever in the first place.
Well, she has some signs of showing it. She did say she is thinking about choosing a faith to follow eventually. [Staff edit] i was in her position a while back. But i don't know how to give her a push to the right direction...

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

DevinCamary

May 12, 2018
Private
✟15,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Do not get serious with this person but remain friends and when you talk make a lot of your answers Bible quotes and quote the Bible a few times a day while around her. After awhile she will get interested and want to check out church and learn more about whats in this Bible. Once she accepts Jesus you now have a very good christian friend who you can now date.
It will take time but be patient.
Yeahhhh I am trying to start that as well. Me and her do agree with many things political but she still isn't so sure about spirituality. Maybe adding a bit of the bible each day, subtle hints and maybe evidence that Jesus is who he says he is, that would help bring that spark.

Hmmm what sorts of evidence or quotes should I share with her?

Upvote 0

salt-n-light

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2017
Rosedale
✟165,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
So there is this one cute girl I like and She does have a slight crush on me... anyways she did say that she believes every living thing has a soul, and i have tried to convince her before to try and see if Christianity is for her. but no luck.... i haven't talked about it as much, and i still worry that she won't see Christ as her savior... what should i do? I still worry about where her faith goes...

Christianity is for everyone, but not everyone will jump to receive God. You already did your part, so now just pray for her and keep being her friend. Keep being a witness. If they have events at a church that you know she can learn more of, invite her. But if she refuses, don't be forceful.

Remeber you can't force people to believe in God, they have to come to that conclusion personally. Meanwhile, since you notice a big clash on beliefs, it would be wise to pursue anything romantic, its gonna end up being a problem down the line.

Reactions: DevinCamary
Upvote 0

DevinCamary

May 12, 2018
Private
✟15,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Christianity is for everyone, but not everyone will jump to receive God. You already did your part, so now just pray for her and keep being her friend. Keep being a witness. If they have events at a church that you know she can learn more of, invite her. But if she refuses, don't be forceful.

Remeber you can't force people to believe in God, they have to come to that conclusion personally. Meanwhile, since you notice a big clash on beliefs, it would be wise to pursue anything romantic, its gonna end up being a problem down the line.
Yeah... hopefully she sees the bible as true. hopefully... and yeah i will pray about it.

Upvote 0