Whoot!
Mar 6, 2011
✟254,540.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Let me guess.

Nobody knows these mad scientists' names, or the name of the laboratory, or anything else ... right?
I don't know their names, but perhaps you do? After all, it was you who claimed mad scientists were behind this.

Just that it was scientists in China who intentionally did this?
That's what the US conspiracy theory peddles. The Chinese conspiracy theory says it was US scientists. I don't believe either of them, but it's always fun to counter one nutty claim with another.

Yet, when the killer bees story broke out, and it was found to be because a scientist had accidentally left a window open, I didn't hear a word about he doing it on purpose.
Are you saying the window was left open on purpose? Or are you accusing yourself of double standards by accusing scientists of purposefully doing something they didn't do?

Are you sure Chernobyl was an accident?
No, it was a deliberate act by a bunch of mad Christians aimed at fulfilling prophecy from Revelation.

Upvote 0

NerdGirl

The untamed daughter
Apr 14, 2020
USA
✟65,654.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Has Mother Nature created COVID-19 to keep the population in check?

Maybe by way of Malthusian Catastrophe? Darwin Population Limit? Natural Selection? or something else?

I personally don't think so.

Since it's hardly killing anyone, no.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,757.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I don't know their names, but perhaps you do? After all, it was you who claimed mad scientists were behind this.
Post 32 says otherwise.
Bungle_Bear said:
Are you saying the window was left open on purpose?
From Post 37:
AV1611VET said:
Yet, when the killer bees story broke out, and it was found to be because a scientist had accidentally left a window open, I didn't hear a word about he doing it on purpose.
What key word in that quote answers your question?

Upvote 0

Bungle_Bear

Whoot!
Mar 6, 2011
✟254,540.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
From Post 37:What key word in that quote answers your question?
Not a key word, rather a key phrase: "I didn't hear a word about he doing it on purpose". You'd really only raise that as an objection if you thought the accusation should have been made. Conclusion: you are accusing the scientist of deliberately leaving the window open.

Upvote 0

sjastro

May 14, 2014
✟277,588.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Not a key word, rather a key phrase: "I didn't hear a word about he doing it on purpose". You'd really only raise that as an objection if you thought the accusation should have been made. Conclusion: you are accusing the scientist of deliberately leaving the window open.
Don't lose sight of the fact "Genghis Khan" uses this forum as a science bashing exercise.
Perhaps he should be reminded of the forum rules.
Threads started, or responses made, to simply disparage science will be considered off topic to the forum.

Upvote 0

Bungle_Bear

Whoot!
Mar 6, 2011
✟254,540.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Don't lose sight of the fact "Genghis Khan" uses this forum as a science bashing exercise.
Perhaps he should be reminded of the forum rules.
Oh, I know. What I'm expecting is he'll deny this conclusion, thus leading to an admission of a double standard.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,757.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Noone is keeping score or balance. There is no intent or purpose behind Covid-19.
No Malthusian Catastrophe? No Darwin Population Limit? No Natural Selection? No something else?

Upvote 0

Brightmoon

Apes and humans are all in family Hominidae.
Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It’s a virus , viruses reproduce . They need bacterial or eucaryote cells to do that . Some species cant be infected , some can. Right now,Homo sapiens is being infected and because this is a virgin field epidemic, we as a species are getting a hard time with it. No need to put fancy scientific terminology to it ( that you refuse to understand anyway)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,757.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
There is no "Mother Nature". Nature doesn't have motives or pre-plan things.
What did you call that earlier, when we do that? a "lazy answer"?

I think someone else did though -- can't remember.

I guess Malthusian Catastrophes, Darwin Population Limits, Natural Selection, and et ceteras apply to things other than COVID-19, don't they? ;)

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟300,394.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
What did you call that earlier, when we do that? a "lazy answer"?

I think someone else did though -- can't remember.

I guess Malthusian Catastrophes, Darwin Population Limits, Natural Selection, and et ceteras apply to things other than COVID-19, don't they? ;)

Inserting false personification of natural processes into our explanations *is* lazy and sloppy thinking. It short cuts from finding real understanding.

Malthus is about overpopulation and *food* supplies. (Perhaps it should be also extended to other finite resources like clean water.) A rampaging disease isn't a "Malthusian" situation at all.

I've no idea what "Darwin Population Limits" are.

Natural selection is always happening. If there is a genetic factor in some that are exposed and it helps them survive with minimal impact, that factor will be selected for and be more common in future generations. It doesn't matter if that factor is otherwise harmful or helpful to future conditions. Natural selection is always acting on current genes by current environmental conditions, including the latest pandemic.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,757.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Inserting false personification of natural processes into our explanations *is* lazy and sloppy thinking. It short cuts from finding real understanding.
As long as you can blame someone else for you not understanding, I guess you're happy?

Now you know why I call these things "challenges," don't you?

Upvote 0

St. Helens

I stand with Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
CF Staff Trainer
Site Supporter
Jul 24, 2007
Lower Slower Minnesota
✟1,226,320.00
Country
United States