Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Hey everyone I also posted this in the teens forum and I really need some help on this, I'm at my wits end. My cousin Ayla has been living with my grandma for a few years now (most of her life). My aunt had her at the age of 17 and was unable to support her. Ayla is 13 now and has a 16-year-old boyfriend named "Tommy" when she isn't allowed to date; however, she doesn't know that I know about it. She tells my boyfriend Daniel all about him. Right now I'm over at Dan's house and she's online talking about him not knowing that I'm here. She told Dan that the reason she didn't tell me about Tommy was that she was afraid I would tell Nonnie (My grandma). This guy is in juvi now and she's upset that she can't see him or whatever. I'm concerned about Ayla's safety. There is a three year age difference between the two of them, he claims he loves her, and he's too much like the men her ,mother went for. What scares me most is that her mother, a former drug-addict, is annoyed with the way Ayla is turning out because she has such an attitude. Guys I love my cousin, I really do. I don't want her hurt by this guy. I'm thinking I should tell my mother or my grandma about this guy (her big fear and reason for not telling me about Tommy) but then again I don't want to betray my cousin and give her more of a reason for not trusting me. What should I do? I'm about to break out in tears.I hope I'm making sense. Advice please. :sigh: :help:

Ceris

I R the Nutness (and I love sedatta )
Mar 10, 2004
California
Visit site
✟20,150.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I would agree with the others. From what you have mentioned about this guy, it doesn't sound like someone your cousin should be around (especially at her young age). As Lilly said, she probably will be mad at your for awhile, but in the end it is best for her.

God bless.

Upvote 0

marc

Feb 15, 2003
Montana
Visit site
✟440.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I would confront her first, then tell her gram. I wish I could give some deep advice, but I deal with these kind of relationships with the guys I see in the jail ministry and they are so deep in rebellion that I never know where to start. Pray hard! And remember our God is a God of love and justice. Justice is love, ultimately. Oh how I feel for you.

Marc

Upvote 0