Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Magpie attack: Australian cyclist dies after being startled by swooping bird - CNN

Man killed by magpie.

A MAGPIE

• Haha
Reactions: GoldenBoy89

Vicky gould

Shekinah
Supporter
Aug 21, 2019
North west
✟69,456.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi, after shark week and all the other reports on great Whites to die at the hand, wings, of a magpie would be humorous if not so said. I pray the person was Christian.

Do we as the people of God still believe there is nothing we can do to prolong our lives or to shorten them. Yet we live in a time when we are armed to the teeth. Does the teaching those who try to save their life will lose them and those who lay down their lives for the Lord will gain their lives still apply? What does this mean to you.? Can it be supported from Scripture?

Upvote 0

Hank77

Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,099,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hi, after shark week and all the other reports on great Whites to die at the hand, wings, of a magpie would be humorous if not so said. I pray the person was Christian.

Do we as the people of God still believe there is nothing we can do to prolong our lives or to shorten them. Yet we live in a time when we are armed to the teeth. Does the teaching those who try to save their life will lose them and those who lay down their lives for the Lord will gain their lives still apply? What does this mean to you.? Can it be supported from Scripture?
I believe that scripture is referring to our eternal life.

Upvote 0

Tanj

Redefined comfortable middle class
Mar 31, 2017
Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

Your questions may have been rhetorical or general but on the off chance they were directed at me I am an atheist.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟551,813.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Interestingly, it's the same actor that played the toecutter in the first movie.
That’s cool to know. I’m actually yet to watch Fury Road. For whatever reason I’m always slow to watch new installations of a classic franchise.

Upvote 0

Cimorene

Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
I’d say the only thing not dangerous in Australia is the people.

Idk I visited my friends in Australia over the summer / their winter & the ppl on the roads in Sydney were def. dangerous, lol. I love them off the road tho, def one of my favourite places I've ever been in my life.

Upvote 0

Tanj

Redefined comfortable middle class
Mar 31, 2017
Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Toecutter? That was the name of a character? o_O Pls tell me he gave nice pedicures & didn't just chop off toes.

Fear not. It wasn't toes he chopped. And you have clearly led a deprived childhood if you haven't seen any of the Mad Max movies :)

Sorry, that's "Road Warrior" to you Norf Americans.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Cimorene

Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Fear not. It wasn't toes he chopped. And you have clearly led a deprived childhood if you haven't seen any of the Mad Max movies :)

Sorry, that's "Road Warrior" to you Norf Americans.

Whew. That's good to know. Lol, I looked it up & the 1st one came out in 1979. o_O My parents were still young then so Idk if even they saw it. I haven't seen many movies from b4 like 2010ish except kid movies. Idk why I never got around to seeing the newer Mad Max but maybe I'll see if it's on Netflix!

Upvote 0

Chesterton

Whats So Funny bout Peace Love and Understanding
Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟860,379.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Man killed by magpie.
While jogging this summer I was swooped on several times by grackles. I don't think your country is particularly dangerous. The man was 76. Being 76 is dangerous.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Who as a people of God ? Some believe things in error, (most probably), and a few truly believe Scripture and trust the Father.
Who is "armed to the teeth"? Not the Ekklesia (set apart ones of Yahuweh).
Yes, all Scripture is true. Those who seek to save their (soul) life, will lose their spiritual life.
Yes, it is directly stated in Scripture, and in harmony with all Scripture, with all of Yahuweh's Plan, and with His Purpose in Christ Jesus.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
While jogging this summer I was swooped on several times by grackles. I don't think your country is particularly dangerous. The man was 76. Being 76 is dangerous.
Being in the womb is much much much much much more dangerous.

On the other hand, Moses was 120 years old when he died, and Moses still had the vigor and strength and eyesight of a twenty year old. (of course, Moses obeyed Yahuweh's Laws concerning everyday life and eternity).

Upvote 0

Vicky gould

Shekinah
Supporter
Aug 21, 2019
North west
✟69,456.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Who as a people of God ? Some believe things in error, (most probably), and a few truly believe Scripture and trust the Father.
Who is "armed to the teeth"? Not the Ekklesia (set apart ones of Yahuweh).
Yes, all Scripture is true. Those who seek to save their (soul) life, will lose their spiritual life.
Yes, it is directly stated in Scripture, and in harmony with all Scripture, with all of Yahuweh's Plan, and with His Purpose in Christ Jesus.

Hi good points. Sales of guns hits an all-time high until the next crises and the Great Tribulation is still only in the future.

I think it goes beyond that to the every day lives of believers and nonbelievers. We gain some good things material wise and we buy safes, window bars, fear of others robbing robs us of some of the peace the Lord offers His people, gated communities, and all the other things to protect our lives and our goodies. Fear brings suspicion, suspicion brings judging others and all of a sudden our lives are filled not with the Fruit of the Holy Spirit but the fruit of the spirit of anti-Christ whose fruit is the exact opposite. The Holy Spirit gives peace and the spirit of anti-Christ brings worry. I believe A-look around the community of believers finds the same kinds of fears as those who have no hope. Polls done by both Christian polls and secular sources. The leaven is spreading both in believers and unbelievers. There appears to be quite the worry among believers. It is illustrated in many ways in some places like Texas where open carry is the rage in some churches. The fear is even higher in many church leaders. For some it is forget about picking up your cross it’s pick up your weapon.

Walk into most Christian bookstores and row after row of books scream How the peace that surpasses all understanding is low and getting lower. It is easy to do Peter was walking along until Trouble in the storm drew his eyes from the Lord. We live in world designed to draw our eyes from Him and to the storms of life. The warning is that because of evil love will dim{huh tgchftghf

Last edited:
Upvote 0