My country is failing me, by not respecting my health.

AllDayFaith

Sep 15, 2018
Spring Hill
Visit site
✟76,307.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
So what do I do about what's going on around me? Do I even have the power to change the world? Or should I just sit back, relax, and keep my focus on things above. I feel like I have great ideas about how we should be living our lives, but will the people in power ever take the time to listen. I know I am living among enemies because of the things that they do, does that reflect on who I am? In the Bible it says to be friends with the enemy so they will become friendly towards me. I have been trying that really hard, but most of them still disrespect me and others.

Thanks for your time.

devin553344

I believe in the Resurrection
Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
A lot of children are sick in this country because filthy corporations are dumping toxic chemicals into the water system.

Is there a news article about that I can view?

Upvote 0

AllDayFaith

Sep 15, 2018
Spring Hill
Visit site
✟76,307.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Richard T

Mar 25, 2018
traveling Asia
✟69,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
What I sense is that you are frustrated with the system that can basically overwhelm us. That you are thinking of ideas for change is great, but it can be extremely frustrating. The common person rarely gets anything done at the national level, though certainly with God all things are possible. I encourage you to pray and cast these burdens on the Lord. Also try to do something locally where you can be heard. Consider participating in politics where you can learn from others and express your ideas.

Reactions: AllDayFaith
Upvote 0

Disciple of Jesus
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
✟146,199.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
...I feel like I have great ideas about how we should be living our lives, but will the people in power ever take the time to listen....

I would like to hear what ideas you have? Maybe I can help you to promote them.

Upvote 0

AllDayFaith

Sep 15, 2018
Spring Hill
Visit site
✟76,307.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I would like to hear what ideas you have? Maybe I can help you to promote them.
How about we hold all those corporations accountable for the pollution they cause. Force them to clean up their mess and then pass laws that would stop them from doing it again.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Disciple of Jesus
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
✟146,199.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
How about we hold all those corporations accountable for the pollution they cause. Force them to clean up their mess and then pass laws that would stop them from doing it again.

Why just stop buying products that are made without taking care of nature?

Do you have some specific companies in your mind that cause pollution?

• Useful
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
  • Prayers
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
in line with "little to nothing".... ? Who do you think finances government, thus controlling the purse strings, thus controlling what is done and what is not done ?

• Agree
Upvote 0

AllDayFaith

Sep 15, 2018
Spring Hill
Visit site
✟76,307.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Why just stop buying products that are made without taking care of nature?

Do you have some specific companies in your mind that cause pollution?
I don't like to drop names, but you hear about them in the news all the time. About how they knew their products would kill or make people sick but sold them anyway.

Upvote 0

Disciple of Jesus
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
✟146,199.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don't like to drop names, but you hear about them in the news all the time. About how they knew their products would kill or make people sick but sold them anyway.

I think it would be good to name them, if you want change something.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
This thread needs to be moved to Discussion and Debate (Christians Only) because tt is all about politics. There is nothing theological about America's government failing to provide sufficient health care to people without employer-provided insurance.

Upvote 0

AllDayFaith

Sep 15, 2018
Spring Hill
Visit site
✟76,307.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
This thread needs to be moved to Discussion and Debate (Christians Only)

I didn't intend for this thread to become a debate, I was asking what you think the Bible says about what we should be doing about the situation. I know in Revelations it says that the water will become poisoned and undrinkable, so I guess that means that there is nothing we can do. We just have to stay faithful and put all our burdens at God's feet so He can take care of it.

Upvote 0