St. Louis, MO.
✟374,039.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Aside from wearing a mask and social distancing, I volunteered for, and was accepted as a participant in a Phase 2/3 Covid-19 vaccine trial. Pfizer, in partnership with BioNTech, has developed several coronavirus vaccines. This one, BNT162b2, uses the entire SARS-CoV-2 spike protein as the antigen. Early studies on small numbers of subjects suggest it stimulates blocking antibodies and activates T-cells to provide Covid-19 resistance with no major side effects. About 30,000 subjects from the US and other countries will now participate in a large-scale clinical trial. I was aware that St. Louis was one of the locations. After several interviews, and health assessments (which included blood tests for coronavirus antibodies and a nasal swab for viral culture,) I received the first of 2 injections today. Of course, the trial is placebo controlled and double blinded. So there's a 50-50 chance that I only got a shot of saline. Every night for a week, I have to take my temperature, which I submit on a phone app to the clinical research center, along with answers to questions about possible side effects. I get the 2nd injection next month. On subsequent visits, I'll be checked further for side effects and have more blood tests for antibody titers. And obviously, if I develop any Covid-19 symptoms, or I'm diagnosed with Covid-19, I have to notify the study ASAP. But the vaccine does not contain live virus, or even inactivated whole virus, so it cannot cause Covid-19. The trial lasts for 2 years. And I won't find out if I was in the experimental or control group until the end. I will receive some financial compensation for my time. But I'm doing this because it's important work. I feel it's the least I can do to help fight the pandemic. And I'd encourage others to consider doing the same, if this, or a clinical trial for a different vaccine is available in your location.

Pfizer and BioNTech pick Covid-19 vaccine and begin pivotal study - STAT

Occams Barber

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2012
Northern NSW
✟990,740.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced
Aside from wearing a mask and social distancing, I volunteered for, and was accepted as a participant in a Phase 2/3 Covid-19 vaccine trial. Pfizer, in partnership with BioNTech, has developed several coronavirus vaccines. This one, BNT162b2, uses the entire SARS-CoV-2 spike protein as the antigen. Early studies on small numbers of subjects suggest it stimulates blocking antibodies and activates T-cells to provide Covid-19 resistance with no major side effects. About 30,000 subjects from the US and other countries will now participate in a large-scale clinical trial. I was aware that St. Louis was one of the locations. After several interviews, and health assessments (which included blood tests for coronavirus antibodies and a nasal swab for viral culture,) I received the first of 2 injections today. Of course, the trial is placebo controlled and double blinded. So there's a 50-50 chance that I only got a shot of saline. Every night for a week, I have to take my temperature, which I submit on a phone app to the clinical research center, along with answers to questions about possible side effects. I get the 2nd injection next month. On subsequent visits, I'll be checked further for side effects and have more blood tests for antibody titers. And obviously, if I develop any Covid-19 symptoms, or I'm diagnosed with Covid-19, I have to notify the study ASAP. But the vaccine does not contain live virus, or even inactivated whole virus, so it cannot cause Covid-19. The trial lasts for 2 years. And I won't find out if I was in the experimental or control group until the end. I will receive some financial compensation for my time. But I'm doing this because it's important work. I feel it's the least I can do to help fight the pandemic. And I'd encourage others to consider doing the same, if this, or a clinical trial for a different vaccine is available in your location.

Pfizer and BioNTech pick Covid-19 vaccine and begin pivotal study - STAT

Thank you @jayem. If the vaccine is successful you will have contributed to saving many lives - possibly including mine.

(Did you also get the complementary Bill Gates microchip implant? ;) )

OB

Last edited:
Upvote 0

jayem

Naturalist
Jun 24, 2003
St. Louis, MO.
✟374,039.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Thank you @jayem. If the vaccine is successful you will have contributed to saving many lives - possibly including mine.

(Did you also get the complementary Bill Gates microchip implant? ;) )

OB

My arm is a little sore tonight. Could a chip have been in the injection?

I'm also thinking the money we're paid might've come from George Soros. :oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0

Tone

"Whenever Thou humblest me, Thou makest me great."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private

I'm also thinking the money we're paid might've come from George Soros. :oldthumbsup:

How much...six hundred and sixty six dollars?

*I heard that was the cost of the first personal computer.

Upvote 0

Occams Barber

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2012
Northern NSW
✟990,740.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced

Probably not. On the other hand, if you feel yourself forming an emotional attachment to 5G telecommunications transmission towers......

OB

Upvote 0

Amittai

baggage apostate
Aug 20, 2006
✟41,180.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Because President Trump doesn't know how to make a case, but won't allow others to make one for him, doesn't mean you have to package deal.

Why not generously give OP exactly what OP and the people OP is working with, and all of us, need:

- prayers for best of health for OP plus helpful contribution to the trial
- prayers for best of health of all the nations, and especially for the plague to be turned back by all means and for the actions of those in organisational positions to be of genuine greatest benefit
- prayers for strong recovery of all who have been and will be ill

This then leaves room for all ramifications (in all directions) to be dealt with fairly, honestly, without strings attached, constructively, considerately, cooperatively, and with due attention to detail:

- a letter from one's GP normally informs anyone whose business it is, about one's vaccinations
- there was talk of an inked image lasting 5 years
- there was talk of involving personal affairs not connected with covid, in the vaccine
- virus illnesses and immune illnesses have been around a long time, yet antiviral medicines have been rationed but can prove valuable not only in acute but also in resulting chronic illnesses
(Double check to prove I have NOT mentioned BLEACH)
- there are also additional ways to strengthen recovery
- some people have shown willing to take mitigating (protective) measures against spread and their contribution has been rendered less effective by authorities not asking others to back it when appropriate
- without specifically imputing anything in the present case, there are always general principles around side effects, various remedyings to same, the difference between statistics and cases, and so on
- despite nearness of the two mentions of "mark" in Revelations we may not necessarily "know" whether the two meanings are exactly the same or not
- and lots more etc's of ALL kinds

(contd)

Upvote 0

Amittai

baggage apostate
Aug 20, 2006
✟41,180.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
(contd)

Just because major and minor denominations have turned fatalistic, doesn't mean we can't in true discernment actively help, along with everyone, in helping the world out. Just because the only human being anyone takes any notice of has a closed mind, doesn't mean we have to copy him (even to pretend we oppose him).

Avoiding reifying and nominalising, and putting our imagination to its God-intended use, should edge us away from the fashionable supersition. Why don't we pray that we shall remember that we - of whatever races - are persons? This is what St J H Newman meant by "inference", which is the job of each of us, not to outsource.

Why would we think "we" had everything off pat and that something unexpected wouldn't happen (note I said UN-expected). Why wouldn't God invite humanity on the search for any principles which He may have embedded into reality, and their free application by everybody and anybody for the genuine benefit of all?

Mere counter-superstition isn't generous, IMO. Don't package deal. Go cafeteria. Give a chance (and set a small example) for everyone to make ALL the cases, for EVERYTHING, and don't sneer just because the Big Man sneers. Words are the toolbox God gave to us to allude. Note I haven't refuted anything in the OP, whatsoever, on the contrary I'm strengthening it.

Upvote 0